Weight loss group for petite people

Options
12346»

Replies

• jacs2806
    jacs2806 Posts: 23
    Options
    Count me in! I am barely 5'2". I have gained 10 lbs since Fall 2010 and it is a HUGE deal on someone petite.
  • jacs2806
    jacs2806 Posts: 23
    Options
    nichole1027 I am with you. I seem to do well during the week then blow it on the weekends. I already know this weekend is going to be hard with the cookouts and tailgating going on.
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    nichole1027 I am with you. I seem to do well during the week then blow it on the weekends. I already know this weekend is going to be hard with the cookouts and tailgating going on.

I know exactly what you mean, my goal for this weekend is to stay on track better. I am going to work out Saturday and Sunday morning and then try to stay active while hanging out each day. Saturday night I will be dancing while drinking. ;-)
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to give a shout out to the shorties!! I'm 5'2.5 I claim 5'3 lol and I weigh 130 I'd rather be 125 but I guess because of my petite frame I'm already a sz 2 at this weight. I don't want to wear any smaller than that but I feel I could spare the 5 lbs. The best thing about being short is I will never grow out of childrens sizes so we get all the low priced deals. But its motivating to see other petite women with the same struggle moving past it. Wooohoooo knock out these goals!
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I'm 5"1" and started my journey at 178lbs. I'm aiming for 125-130. I am currently 154 and can't seem to get out of this rut. I will admit I like my height though :-)
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I'm 5"1" and started my journey at 178lbs. I'm aiming for 125-130. I am currently 154 and can't seem to get out of this rut. I will admit I like my height though :-)

When you say rut, do you mean you're on a plateau? If so, there is some good advice on the site for how to break that and start losing again. You might want to look around at some of the posts on the different message boards to see what's worked for others.
  • heathally
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! I did it. I worked my tail off, but I erased that three pound gain and then some. The last two mornings, my scale has ready 155.2! I didn't dare trust it yesterday so I waited until today to record it. I can't believe I lost 4 pounds in a week. That just amazes me. Jillian really does work miracles :wink:
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I havent lost any this week! :cry: but I think I know why! I had my son's graduation last Wednesday and did not exercise for three days cause I also helped my niece open up a store this weekend. Oh.. and there's PMS bloating! Damn THAT lady stuff!! lol

To all the petite women who are really doing this... well done!! To the rest of us who have stalled for one reason or the other, lets kick ourselves in the butt and get on it again!! Come on.. we can do it!!!
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Do we have a new thread that I missed?
  • heathally
    Options
    ok, any advice what to do when you're just not hungry? I've only had just over 700 calories today and NOTHING sounds good. This is not unusual for me the first couple of days of TOM, but I'm concerned that it will adversely affect my weight-loss since It's so extreme this month.
  • chewy2008
    chewy2008 Posts: 3
    Options
    Another petite girl here! 4'10" and wanting to lose 10 pounds by September and 5 more by January...hopefully I can do it! Feel free to add me; I'm pretty active on MFP :p
    Also I'm doing my best to stay at 1200 calories NET each day. Been doing this for almost a month but no significant weight loss...should I lower my net calories? I walk everyday for at least 40 minutes and Mon-Fri I don't have much time to do intense exercise because I have to go to the lab from 9am-6pm, take the public transport back home which takes 30 minutes, and I get at least 7 hours of sleep each day. I'm also using any time I have left at night to study for the GRE!!
    Any advice for a girl who's struggling to shed these pounds? :/
  • beckywilliams82
    Options
    Love this thread! I'd like to join, too! I'm a hair shy of 4'11" and weigh 128. So glad to see other women in my boat. : )
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    5'1' here and currently at 146 lbs (trying to get down to 120) . Most of my family is "vertically challenged" even the guys. I hate shopping for pants like I hate the bubonic plague. Good news is I never have to worry about dressing up in heels if I go out with a guy. They are sure to be taller than me!
  • graceea
    graceea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redheadlynn
    redheadlynn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    At 4'10.5", I just wear kid's clothing. The proportions/lengths fit better when I am within the size ranges listes (girl's size 12-16), and I just figure that I am "kid-sized", so I might as well wear kids clothes when it doesn't look too prepubescent. *shrug* I am tired of fighting with "petite"-sized clothes. It's cheaper, anyway, to go the kid's/junior's route. If petite is 5'4", I'm obviously not petite...I'm under petite. Which is kid's clothing. Look up a girl's size 14 or16 sometime. You might be surprised to find out the weight-height ranges listed....

I don't get taken seriously. And I'm in school for AUTO MECHANICS! :/
  • bvgarcia826
    Options
    Is this group still active? A fellow shorty over here just looking for some other people to share my journey with and inspire/motivate one another. I'm 5'0'' and 120 lbs but unfortunately most of the weight is fat :-(