Intermittent Fasting Support Group?

Options

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Decided to fast today. It was sort of a spur-the-moment thing. 21 hours down. I'm estimating it to be a total of 36 hours.
  • NeonNikki
    NeonNikki Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    GO YOU!!! I tried fasting today-didn't quite work out but I only consumed 500 calories! ...so kinda sorta fasting-stopped eating at 6ish and hopefully can wait till 6 tomorrow. I like fasting-really helps out with my bloating issues and my acid reflex issues.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Exactly! I've been having some pretty bad stomach issues, so I figured I'd just fast.

My stomach feels AMAZING.

I do it weekly to detox/clean-out/de-bloat.
  • CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tons of great info here! Bumping for later:)
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I still have problem with sleeping on fasting day. I'm doing eat stop eat diet- 24 hours fast.
    I'm going to stay with ESE until the end of this month. If I still have sleeping problem, I'll try fast-5 to see if it would be better for me.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    What sort of problems are you having with sleeping?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,148 Member
    Options
    I still have problem with sleeping on fasting day. I'm doing eat stop eat diet- 24 hours fast.
    I'm going to stay with ESE until the end of this month. If I still have sleeping problem, I'll try fast-5 to see if it would be better for me.

What time is your fasting window? If you start fasting right after supper, then fast until supper the next day you have 24 hours and you are going to bed with a full stomach both times. The only time I have had issues with fasting affecting my sleep was when I did a fast starting in the morning, and had to go to be with an empty stomach.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    This is how I do my IF routine:

- Feeding window is Noon to 8pm.
    - Fasting window is 8pm to Noon.
    - Training is 6am fasted of course. I only consume a non-calorie PWO called White Flood along with Creatine Chelate called Green Mag.
    - Consume 10g Xtend BCAA's (non calorie) at 8am.
    - Consume 10g Xtend BCAA's (non calorie) at 10am.
    - Feeding starts at Noon (see above).

The end.
  • firedragon064
    Options
    I fast from 1 dinner to another dinner. On my fasting day, I work out before I break the fast. I ate dinner around 9:30PM then
    go to sleep 10:30PM. I only can sleep like 3 or 4 hours . I got up in the middle of the night and could not get back to sleep.
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Today was my first lean gains fast - I loved it!!!! So glad I found this thread :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,148 Member
    Options
    I fast from 1 dinner to another dinner. On my fasting day, I work out before I break the fast. I ate dinner around 9:30PM then
    go to sleep 10:30PM. I only can sleep like 3 or 4 hours . I got up in the middle of the night and could not get back to sleep.

Do you normally work out that late. I know that often working out late can negatively affect my sleep.
  • pork_belly
    pork_belly Posts: 144
    Options

I use the Fast 5 technique and it works well for me. For the last couple of weeks I've been throwing in some 36 hour fast into the mix. Its worked really well, also.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    This is how I do my IF routine:

- Feeding window is Noon to 8pm.
    - Fasting window is 8pm to Noon.
    - Training is 6am fasted of course. I only consume a non-calorie PWO called White Flood along with Creatine Chelate called Green Mag.
    - Consume 10g Xtend BCAA's (non calorie) at 8am.
    - Consume 10g Xtend BCAA's (non calorie) at 10am.
    - Feeding starts at Noon (see above).

The end.

Textbook LG :tongue:
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the lean gains approach for a week now and I'm down 4lbs. My eating window is 10-6 or 11-7 depending on my dinner plans. I've tried ESE in the past and although it worked, it was a bit extreme for me.
  • firedragon064
    Options
    I'm fasting today until 9PM. I have a fear that I won't have a long sleep tonight but I still need to test
    my theory. I think that if I add: more carbo, avoid tea, drink milk before to go bed, it may fix my problem.
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What is the longest fast you guys would recommend. I was thinking of doing one for maybe 48 hours or 72 hours. My mom used to fast and she said that the hunger is the worst in the first in the 24 hours and after that she said she wasn't really hungry at all. Also do you have any suggestions for keeping hunger at bay during the first part of a fast. Can i eat a little celery if I get ravenous? I also have some sparkling mineral water can I drink that during my fast? What about chicken broth? Thanks guys?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    ^^ 24hrs doing ESE and probably won't do again.

What is your reasoning for wanting to fast for as long as possible?

Personally, I would stick with the methods that are proven with success from other people.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    24-36 ESE are my longest. I don't go over 36, and they only end up that long because of my work/sleep schedule.

24 hours is recommended for ESE, I don't think I personally would EVER try 48 or 72 hours. Seems a bit extreme.
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    24-36 ESE are my longest. I don't go over 36, and they only end up that long because of my work/sleep schedule.

24 hours is recommended for ESE, I don't think I personally would EVER try 48 or 72 hours. Seems a bit extreme.

Me too. 36 hours is the longest I've gone, and I don't think I'll even go that long again.
  • hush7hush
    Options

Me too. 36 hours is the longest I've gone, and I don't think I'll even go that long again.

36 isn't usually intentional. Haha.

I work from 7pm to 6am. I fast on Wedesdays, which means I stop eating at about 3am on Wednesday. I eat again whatever time I wake up on Thursday, which is usually pretty late in the day. That's when it ends up being closer to 36.