Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I had forgotten how helpful it is to meet fruit and veggie goals in keeping calories under control. By the time I fill up on those I don't have as much room for the sweets I love. 😊
    I agree. I’m working towards sticking with WFPB and it definitely helps to crowd out the processed with fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes. Fiber fills you up! 😊

WFPB ?? What does that stand for?
  • shannonlynne67
    shannonlynne67 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

[/quote]

WFPB ?? What does that stand for? [/quote]

Whole food, plant based.
    I had to Google it. Lol.
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone - we have mild weather here today by me. I'm going for a run in the park at 11 - if I do 3 miles, easy, then I'm signing up for a 5k on Saturday.

I was out walking in snow at below freezing temps yesterday. I do earn a badge on my Garmin. LOL. How was your run in the park?

• allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    skf1201 wrote: »

I was out walking in snow at below freezing temps yesterday. I do earn a badge on my Garmin. LOL. How was your run in the park?

My run was awesome thanks. Did my 3 miles. Upper 50's, sunshine, lots of other runners to wave/smile at. Really I can't wait for consistently mild weather to run more outdoors. ALSO - they open the flush toilets after freezing temps are gone - LOL !

We haven't had any real snow to talk about ... YET ... Hope I didn't jinx things.

Hooray - you earned a badge !

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @NCBlessings that beach is gorgeous, you are very fortunate! thanks for sharing
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    @NCBlessings how beautiful! That fed my soul this morning :) Morning happy people - Eat something pretty, move in a way that brings a smile, give yourself a high five!
    It definitely does! I live so close and don’t go nearly enough. Trying to get a few walks in this week. ☀️
    cory17 wrote: »
    @NCBlessings that beach is gorgeous, you are very fortunate! thanks for sharing
    Thank you, yes I am. I don’t take it for granted. I am very grateful. 🙏🏻 ❤️ 😊

• skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not weight or diet related but I've had a bad day. I messed up at work - and it's a bad one. Feeling really down, and unusual for me I can't find anything positive. Couldn't even get an "it'll be all right hug" out of my husband.

PartyPerson, I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling down. Sending you virtual hugs 🤗

• NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    I had forgotten how helpful it is to meet fruit and veggie goals in keeping calories under control. By the time I fill up on those I don't have as much room for the sweets I love. 😊
    I agree. I’m working towards sticking with WFPB and it definitely helps to crowd out the processed with fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes. Fiber fills you up! 😊

WFPB ?? What does that stand for?

Whole Food Plant Based. I’ve been vegetarian on and off my whole life, but lately I’ve had a lot of issues with inflammation and hives and I knew I needed to cut out dairy and as much processed food as possible. I actually really feel best when I’m eating plant-based: Fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes, & nuts (minimal) since I’m trying to lose weight right now.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Not weight or diet related but I've had a bad day. I messed up at work - and it's a bad one. Feeling really down, and unusual for me I can't find anything positive. Couldn't even get an "it'll be all right hug" out of my husband.

So sorry to hear you had a rough day. Hang in there and sending you cyber-hugs!
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Here's a virtual it'll be all right (((hug)))
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    January was a whirlwind of activity and I knew it going in so I did not have high expectations. Now that I am through that and things are settling down I plan to really focus on getting new habits started again. My foot issues are slightly better this week (Achilles tendonitis) so I am hoping I am on the road to healing once and for all. It's been about 6 months since I could walk normally. I am starting with some yoga this week just to get my body stretched out again.

Spring is on it's way which means gardening and home improvement projects. I love doing this kind of stuff and love the hard physical labor it takes. I will work hard all day and not care at all but getting on a treadmill or a climber is like torture to me.

I am off for a noon walk with my dogs. It's sunny today here in rainy Oregon. Yippee!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,359 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it a go!
  • annliz23
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »

Not sure how this works do you weigh in on a Friday?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options

No weigh-ins in this thread. You are welcome to post that info if you like. This thread is a place to share your successes and failures and just generally support each other.

There are lots of support groups and challenges on MFP that do a weekly weigh-in. Search for them - I'm sure others reading this can point you at some groups, too. I'm in a year long challenge right now - I don't know if they are adding members now, but it can't hurt to ask. Post a request in the thread below.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710490/all-members-ask-questions-other-group-wide-posts/p1

• annliz23
    Options

No weigh-ins in this thread. You are welcome to post that info if you like. This thread is a place to share your successes and failures and just generally support each other.

There are lots of support groups and challenges on MFP that do a weekly weigh-in. Search for them - I'm sure others reading this can point you at some groups, too. I'm in a year long challenge right now - I don't know if they are adding members now, but it can't hurt to ask. Post a request in the thread below.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710490/all-members-ask-questions-other-group-wide-posts/p1

Thanks for your help.