Less Alcohol - February 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    gladys0919 wrote: »
    WOW- it feels so good to know I am not alone. I literally thought i was the only one that just had to have my drink every night. I ENJOY drinking. Problem is that once i start it sucks to stop :-(. I have never been a sloppy or crazy drunk, but i am the type to do all my chores with a glass in hand and a few shots in between. I have been AF (what's it stand for anyways?! LOL) since Monday- Sunday for superbowl drank nearly an entire bottle of tequila on my own. My throat still feels tight from it! I plan on not drinking at all unless out for social settings and remind myself to STOP after one or two nice drinks. MODERATION has never been my strong suit. THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO CANDID

This is where it all went downhill for me, when I started getting tipsy while cleaning the house, lol. It definitely makes it more enjoyable, but by the end of the evening I've had more drinks than I could count and started gaining weight and spending enormous amount of money on liquor and beer. Glad you've joined us in being more mindful!! It's a really positive feeling! There will be set backs but we'll be here for you <3
  • gladys0919
    gladys0919 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    gladys0919 wrote: »
    WOW- it feels so good to know I am not alone. I literally thought i was the only one that just had to have my drink every night. I ENJOY drinking. Problem is that once i start it sucks to stop :-(. I have never been a sloppy or crazy drunk, but i am the type to do all my chores with a glass in hand and a few shots in between. I have been AF (what's it stand for anyways?! LOL) since Monday- Sunday for superbowl drank nearly an entire bottle of tequila on my own. My throat still feels tight from it! I plan on not drinking at all unless out for social settings and remind myself to STOP after one or two nice drinks. MODERATION has never been my strong suit. THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO CANDID

This is where it all went downhill for me, when I started getting tipsy while cleaning the house, lol. It definitely makes it more enjoyable, but by the end of the evening I've had more drinks than I could count and started gaining weight and spending enormous amount of money on liquor and beer. Glad you've joined us in being more mindful!! It's a really positive feeling! There will be set backs but we'll be here for you <3

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I started equating being tipsy with "ok now we rolling".... only to half way thru want to just go lay down, so then I had to PUSH myself to finish my chores to then crash in bed super early. I dont want to "waste" more time that way. I've worked so hard to take weight off only to slowly have it creep back up, waking up looking like a cabbage patch kid, face all swollen and totally "tired" from my mini binges.... not to mention brushing and doing mouth washes for long periods so I wouldnt smell like a liquor store when heading to bed... ugh, too much work.
  • gladys0919
    Options
    2/1: 3 drinks
    2/2: AF
    2/3: 1 drink
    2/4: AF
    2/5: AF

huge steps. I've had drinks basically every day for the last 3 years, and this is by far the driest stretch since that time. I feel fantastic, and my anxiety is better for sure...especially at night when i'm alone in my thoughts. The first 5 days in January i consumed over 2500 calories in Alcohol....this month, about 650.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @BuffMom84 that sounds like a very good read with helpful information.

@mainelylisa oh gee sorry your January was so wet. Awesome job jumping back on with us. Peanuts huh? Crunchy and filling with nutritional value. Win win.

Welcome @Rh1aB1a and @gladys0919, nice to have you joining in.

Happy belated birthday @MonkeyMel21. Exercise equipment is always exciting......used or new. Enjoy.

• MissMay
    Options
    @nvasquez41 congrats on your 2.5 week AF streak. Those are normal feelings your having, the being grumpy and yearning alcohol. It is a whole new re-set of our brains to get out of habit. See this is were the other motivation kicks in to replace the time spent drinking for time to do other things. Enjoy getting back to running.

@Lilylady3k your lucky to have a DH that is doing some dry time with you. Keep up the team work.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I had no alcohol yesterday, didn't even think twice about it. I was up bright and early this morning, ready for a work out! The scale was the highest it's been in 2 weeks but I know that most of it is water weight from my birthday so I am looking forward to that downward trend in the next few days. Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • gladys0919
    Options
    teriseaton wrote: »
    Reading your stories is so inspiring. I want to be AF and not just because I overdid it the day before. Here I sit at work, nobody knows, I function fine, but I drink anywhere from 3 - 6 beers a night. I am now getting to where the beer doesn't do it, so I finish the night with a mixed drink. I try to remind myself that it was only a couple years ago that I was wanting to quit drinking so much wine. I have accomplished that. I am proud of myself, and I know I will "drink less" as time progresses...…..I just wish it was easier.....
    Yesterday I fell on the ice and hurt my knee, that was my excuse, along with the anticipation that work would be cancelled due to the ice storm. We did get to come in two hours later. That helped.
    My struggle is I know the alcohol is what is causing me to be so unhealthy. I am 57 years old and obese. I have 4 grandchildren. I don't want to be crippled up because my weight is damaging my joints and muscles.
    Your posts are very encouraging. Thank you for sharing your success and struggles.

You are doing great just talking about it! Don't let up and dont beat yourself up about it. GOOD for you that you want to be in better health and make better choices, YOU CAN DO IT and you are NOT alone!! One day at a time!! I Find that once I dont drink for two days straight its easier to go another day and then another. Just start slowly, day by day! Proud of you!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7
    February 8
    February 9
    February 10
    February 11
    February 12
    February 13
    February 14
    February 15
    February 16
    February 17
    February 18
    February 19
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 4 AF days out of 6 days
  • gladys0919
    Options
    @Fitness327wk thanks so much!! I look forward to the day I go an entire month like you did for Jan!!
  • MissMay
    Options
    @buffmom84 I am happy for you that you made the right decision for yourself and not drink! Yea, no hangover!

I had a dry Jan and Feb besides for overdoing it on Super Bowl.... Felt horrible the next day! I hate that feeling anymore! I have so many more positives of not drinking.

@Fitness327wk it was only that one day. Try not to be to hard on yourself. You will eventually find your motivating niche so you can have one or two and walk away before having too many.

Been there. Many times.

Also this is my longest dry streak too, since November of 2012. 💪
  • MissMay
    Options
    teriseaton wrote: »
    Reading your stories is so inspiring. I want to be AF and not just because I overdid it the day before.
    Glad to have you here on our thread. If you have not already checked out page one of this thread, please do so. There is a wealth of helpful information you can use.
    Your story is so very familar to many of us on here. Remember we are about less alcohol what ever that means personally for you.