Thanksgiving Challenge - 08/17-11/23 // (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• fatsonomo
    Options
    Aw, man. I'm too late! =( This really sucks because this the exact time period I was aiming for. Doh!

Good luck, everyone.
  • ceh2468
    ceh2468 Posts: 9
    Options
    i sent my measurements in a message to you last week and those were mine for the week. i will post them
  • ceh2468
    ceh2468 Posts: 9
    Options
    Name: corissa
    Start Weight: 145
    Goal Weight: 126
    Diet Goals: be able to eat 1200 cals or less a day and not be hungry still
    Exercise Goals: work out 1 hour everyday
    Other Goals: be more flexible and healthy.

Measurements
    Neck: 13.5
    Chest (men, & women-beneath breasts): 32.25
    Bust (women across breasts): 37
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 40
    Upper Arms: 12.5
    Forearms: 9
    Thighs: 22.5
    Calves:15
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    1. TRACK YOUR MEALS
    After every meal you have, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, or those snacking meals we have in between, be sure to track what you've eaten. This helps to keep you accountable for how much you are consuming and will help to show you whether your choices or portions are healthy for you.

Sometimes I will log food in before I eat to see how it's going to fit for the day. I can then tweak in advance if needed.
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1. TRACK YOUR MEALS
    After every meal you have, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, or those snacking meals we have in between, be sure to track what you've eaten. This helps to keep you accountable for how much you are consuming and will help to show you whether your choices or portions are healthy for you.

Sometimes I will log food in before I eat to see how it's going to fit for the day. I can then tweak in advance if needed.

Thats exactly what i do at times. I eat palnned meals so at times i log it before i eat to see whether i'll be under my target , if not then now may more minutes i have to invest in exercising.
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks @ceh2468. For some reason, I did not get several of the emails that people had sent me with their measurements. I have you in the spreadsheet now and will email the link to you. Let me know if you do not receive and I'll try sending again.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    MAKING SMALL CHANGES IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE CAN HELP BOOST YOUR WEIGHT LOSS

We'll look at a few helpful hints every day this week that we can easily incorporate into our daily routines to help with our weight loss quest.

4. WALK 5 EXTRA MINUTES EACH DAY
    Adding an extra 5 minutes of walking to your daily routine will add up over the course of a day. 30 minutes of physical activity per day will burn about 120 extra calories which adds up to 12 1/2 lbs of weight loss per year.
    Easy ways to add extra walking to your day include:
    - Walking around the perimeter of the grocery store before you start shopping for the items that you need.
    - When talking on the phone, get up and move in place.
    - Park furthest away from the store you need at a shopping mall and walk either around the mall or through the mall to your destination.
    - Take a quick walk around the block during your lunch hour or after dinner.

5. CLIMB AN EXTRA 3 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS PER DAY
    Rather than taking the elevator or escalator, opt to take the stairs instead. Simply adding 2-3 minutes of stair climbing per day (three to five floors) can burn enough calories to help keep you away from the average annual weight gain of 1-2 lbs per year.

6. PEDOMETERS ARE YOUR FRIEND
    Research shows that people who use pedometers throughout the day take nearly 2,500 more steps per day than non-users. This adds up to walking over 1 mile and burning about 100 calories.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    @fatsonomo - @TexasNurseMom78 - @frg4bama - @caramel1920 - @TripMom
    I have emailed all of you in regards to your interest in this challenge. If you see this post and are still interested, please reply.
    Not sure if you've just not seen the emails I've sent or if they were just never received.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    I have not received stats from the following people:
    - rosey808
    - sexymcc
    - tambink
    If you are still interested in participating please let me know. Otherwise I'll remove your names from the spreadsheet.
    Thx.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Hey All.....
    Don't forget to weigh yourselves tomorrow morning and submit your weight. You can either post it here or try to send me an email with the info. But I gotta tell ya, I think MFP mail system is a bit wonky because there were many emails you all said that you sent, that I did not receive.
    OR.... You can post your weight to my profile page and as I get them recorded into database, I'll delete them from there. That would actually work too.

So, take those extra steps around the mall or the office or up and down the stairs.
    Count those calories.
    Drink your water.
    Get an extra 5 minutes of cardio squeezed into your routine.
    And most importantly........ Don't eat a chocolate donut like I did this morning.... Bad, Bad me!!!! *slapping my own hand*
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday morning down under, but I'm going to wait until Thursday morning to weigh in, I'll be closer to everyone else's time table anyways. I weighed in yesterday evening and lost about a lb and a half even after an off track weekend, so I'm looking forward to the AM weigh in tomorrow. :) It also forces me to do an AM workout since I don't have a scale at home!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Hi all. looking forward to seeing how we all do tomorrow and maybe seeing where we need to improve. I have let my guard down and allowed sweets into my home. I struggle so badly when we have stuff here. I ate 3 servings of sweets today :(
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the tips about getting an extra 5 minutes of walking; that was very helpful.

Like others here, I also post my calories to my food tracker ahead of time. It really is helpful to staying on track.

Looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow. Gotta get in my Last Chance Workout tonight!
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    I'm still nursing a sore ankle, so no cardio for me yet. However, this evening I took the time while watching tv to get down on the floor and do some stretches, tummy crunches and then some wall push-ups. I achieved a bit more than I thought I would and put in a really good stretch tonight.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    I'm still nursing a sore ankle, so no cardio for me yet. However, this evening I took the time while watching tv to get down on the floor and do some stretches, tummy crunches and then some wall push-ups. I achieved a bit more than I thought I would and put in a really good stretch tonight.
    Do you have wii fit? you could take advantage of the birdy flying game if you did - it kicks my butt.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Thanks for posting the tips about getting an extra 5 minutes of walking; that was very helpful.

Like others here, I also post my calories to my food tracker ahead of time. It really is helpful to staying on track.

Looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow. Gotta get in my Last Chance Workout tonight!

I don't know how the last chance works out for people on the show. If I do too much I get sore and hold water weight. I am a big fan of parking in the shade and walking to stores etc, I wonder how much that all adds up :)
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Do you have wii fit? you could take advantage of the birdy flying game if you did - it kicks my butt.

What is the birdy flying game?
  • momplum
    momplum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight 166.8 on 08/23/11
    Neck 14.0
    Waist 32.5
    Hips 42.25
    right thigh 23.5
    right calf 14.25
    right bicep 13.0
    right forearm 11.0
    bust 42.0
    chest under bust 34.5
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options

What is the birdy flying game?

Bird's eye, bulls eye - I looked it up and it's part of the wii fit plus release so you may not have it. But you flap your arms to fly and then you have to lean to steer your body towards goals that you need to land on.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Are we submitting all measurements or just weight this morning. My weight is at 191. :smile: