Less Alcohol - February 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Feeling great! Here is to the remainder of Feb AF besides Valentine’s Day! Been working out hard and sleeping great.
  • MissMay wrote: »
    teriseaton wrote: »
    Reading your stories is so inspiring. I want to be AF and not just because I overdid it the day before.
    Glad to have you here on our thread. If you have not already checked out page one of this thread, please do so. There is a wealth of helpful information you can use.
    Your story is so very familar to many of us on here. Remember we are about less alcohol what ever that means personally for you.
    Yes! I did read most of page one. A lot of information there, good information, helpful. Thank you for the support. Sometimes I feel so alone, like I am the dingbat doing this and nobody else is this "stupid" (I hate that word, but it's what I hear). Less is more as they say, I will continue to strive for that.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell

Including the last few days of January to monitor my weekly goal which I surpassed!
    Jan 28 - AF
    Jan 29 - AF ! Yeah me! Dining Out group.
    Jan 30 - AF Office celebration mexican restaurant without margaritas
    Jan 31 - Planned 2 but kept to 1 glass wine! Celebrating retirement from company after 30 years
    Feb 1 - AF
    Feb 2 - AF Brunch without mimosas
    Feb 3 - AF

Feb 4 - AF
    Feb 5 - AF - I wanted a bottle of wine but we didn’t buy it.
    Feb 6 - AF - DH wanted a bottle of wine but we passed.
    Feb 7 - Bunco: 2 glasses wine
  • gladys0919
    gladys0919 Posts: 41 Member
    2/1: 3 drinks
    2/2: AF
    2/3: 1 drink
    2/4: AF
    2/5: AF
    2/6: 1 Beer.
    2/7: 6 beers, 2 shots and frustration.

celebrated a b-day party with co-workers and i knew this had the chance to get sideways. It did...but this morning when i woke up (a little groggy), i realized that i hated spending the money, hated this headache but love the opportunity to get back at it today.

TODAY IS A NEW DAY! you got this
  • mabelsdaddy
    mabelsdaddy Posts: 117 Member
    @gladys0919 thank you for your support....super appreciated!
  • @gladys0919 Yes, it does feel good to be so honest. Safely :) I am married to an alcoholic. I remember raising our kids, being so angry at him and wishing I could be an alcoholic and he could see what it is like...….ooppsss.
  • BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    I live in a rental duplex and the landlord decided to sell the place. So now we are not sure if we're even going to be able to live here much longer and may have to move without much notice. This happened with the last three rentals we lived in too! The real estate lady is showing the house this weekend and all next week which is very frustrating since I work from home. I do not want to be here when a bunch of people are going through my house. Usually when things like this happen I get stressed out and drink a lot. Hoping to stick with my usual few beers tonight. Maybe I won't even have time to drink at all this weekend and next week, it's going to take a lot of effort keeping this place spotless with two kids!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    edited February 2019
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8
    February 9
    February 10
    February 11
    February 12
    February 13
    February 14
    February 15
    February 16
    February 17
    February 18
    February 19
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 4 AF days out of 7 days - hit the target, but barely.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    I live in a rental duplex and the landlord decided to sell the place. So now we are not sure if we're even going to be able to live here much longer and may have to move without much notice. This happened with the last three rentals we lived in too! The real estate lady is showing the house this weekend and all next week which is very frustrating since I work from home. I do not want to be here when a bunch of people are going through my house. Usually when things like this happen I get stressed out and drink a lot. Hoping to stick with my usual few beers tonight. Maybe I won't even have time to drink at all this weekend and next week, it's going to take a lot of effort keeping this place spotless with two kids!

Well that sucks! Considering that it is not your own house that you are trying to sell, if it is messy oh well.
    Maybe that real estate lady can find you something to buy where the mortgage is the same as the rent that you are currently paying and then you won't have to move again. Moving is one of the most stressful things that there is, and it happening in the last 3 rentals is horrible. Just not knowing when you will have to leave and having to find a new place...geez. Maybe change to some boxing workouts to bust some of that stress, there are a few good ones on Youtube. Sorry to hear this. Keep us posted.
  • @BuffMom84 I am so sorry you are going through all this. Only thing I can suggest to offer support is my thought is remember, with all you are going through it will be easier with a clear mind. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • gladys0919
    gladys0919 Posts: 41 Member
    Seen this today and thought id share with you guys. I know that everyone is on a separate journey that is personal to them and I myself don't plan to be completely AF. I plan to drink on special occasions and I will perhaps now and again, especially during summer when the BBQ gets fired up and the sun is shining, have the odd bottle of wine, or beer! But I think for me personally part of my battle with alcohol was ever even realising I had a problem. Then I started to accept there was an issue. I am now gobsmacked when I look back and remember how little real insight I had and what was actually going on with me. Put it this way, I would have said that I don't have an issue, and in same sentence would have put alcohol very high on my list of things that I enjoy, value, and would turn to/use for everything! Celebrating? You need alcohol! Stressed? You need a bottle of wine! Lonely or sad? Let's get some beers. Oh it's the weekend? You know what that means.

I am actively trying to change my mind set, my habits and over time, bit by bit, I think I'm making positive steps. I want to stop equating each and every little thing with WINE!! Lol and I honestly believe if I stay with this group and keep challenging myself and keep being HONEST with myself, and people around me, that I might actually win this battle. And indeed, the war. In time. Need to stay focussed.
    yuraxcyu4qjw.jpg

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE everything you said on here, EVERYTHING!