February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Thanks @7lenny7 I'll check those sites out. And I may just call them and see what they suggest.

@PastorVincent I probably will end up ordering more Ride 10s on Amazon. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to head over there again and I'm sure I'll need new shoes before then. I actually need new shoes now.

REI also has free shipping and satisfaction guaranteed returns.

You can return anything to REI. My husband worked as an archaeologist when he was younger. He used to return boots that he wore for 2 weeks - a month out in the field. Return them by mail free of charge. REI would ship him new ones out to his job site... out in the middle of nowhere.
  • gonnagetfitnow2014
    Options
    I love challenges, especially running challenges. I do marathons and 5 and 10 ks. Is there a challenge going on this month that I can join?
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options

Feb 1 - 5 km
    Feb 4 - 4.2 km
    Feb 6 - 5 km
    Feb 8 - 3.6 km

Feb total: 17.8 km
    Feb goal: 50 km

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input @MegaMooseEsq @amymoreorless and @shanaber . I'll have to look into REI. I have never ordered anything from them. I've heard of them but the nearest store to me is almost 2 hours away and I didn't even think about looking online. I do have Amazon prime so I use that a lot and I have bought more than one pair of shoes to try on, but usually when I do that they are casual shoes and not as expensive as running shoes. @kristinegift Thanks for that list. We do have a Hibbets Sports here but they do not carry Saucony and most of the people who work there don't really seem to be that into fitness so I don't know if they really know anything about running shoes. But I may go out there and see if they have any of those models that I could try on. I have ordered replacement Rides on Amazon, but I don't really like the idea of ordering shoes I've never tried on before. @Avidkeo I am glad there is a shoe store only an hour away. The next closest one is closer to 2 hours away.

Good luck on your race tomorrow @garygse!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    What stinks is my Saucony Ride 10s have a lot of life left in them, but the more I run in my Altra Lone Peak 3.5 trail running shoes... the more I want to try their road shoes. The zero drop + wide toe box is a good combo for my feet.

i do love my torins
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Used this run to explore a new neighborhood, tackle some sizable hills, and try a new gel. ////
    So I tried the chocolate raspberry and berries/pomegranate flavors today at 1 and 2 hours into my run and YUM. They went down really easy texture-wise, and the flavors were great, and I think the extra dose of sodium really did help.

@kristinegift I am a fan of the Apple -Cinnamon ( tastes like apple pie ) and the Strawberry. Don't know if they have them in the + version with higher sodium.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    What stinks is my Saucony Ride 10s have a lot of life left in them, but the more I run in my Altra Lone Peak 3.5 trail running shoes... the more I want to try their road shoes. The zero drop + wide toe box is a good combo for my feet.

i do love my torins

Is that their street shoe? I have been meaning to look, but my bank account is getting in the way again.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone that gave well-wishes for tomorrow's race (@7lenny7, @RunsOnEspresso, @mbaker566, @PastorVincent, @workaholic_nurse, @shanaber, and anyone I may have missed). I ran my final 3-mile run of taper this morning, and I've already been to the expo to pick up my race packet. So now all that's left to do is sit down and relax for the day in sunny Phoenix while feeding on carbs.

01 - 15.35
    04 - 10.30
    05 - 8.06
    06 - 6.03
    07 - 3.38
    08 - 3.05

Total: 46.17 / 120 miles

Have a great race!!!!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

i do love my torins

Is that their street shoe? I have been meaning to look, but my bank account is getting in the way again.

Another one of their street shoes is the "One", which I own but haven't run in yet. I found a pair on clearance for $45 so I was compelled to buy them.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

i do love my torins

i imagine it has to be because there is very little tread. very flat
    but they do have cushion because my feet aren't ready for minimal. one thing at a time
    7lenny7 wrote: »

i do love my torins

Another one of their street shoes is the "One", which I own but haven't run in yet. I found a pair on clearance for $45 so I was compelled to buy them.

i would have been compelled too

my xodus gtx were like that. my favorite shoe
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Thanks for your input @MegaMooseEsq @amymoreorless and @shanaber . I'll have to look into REI. I have never ordered anything from them. I've heard of them but the nearest store to me is almost 2 hours away and I didn't even think about looking online. I do have Amazon prime so I use that a lot and I have bought more than one pair of shoes to try on, but usually when I do that they are casual shoes and not as expensive as running shoes. @kristinegift Thanks for that list. We do have a Hibbets Sports here but they do not carry Saucony and most of the people who work there don't really seem to be that into fitness so I don't know if they really know anything about running shoes. But I may go out there and see if they have any of those models that I could try on. I have ordered replacement Rides on Amazon, but I don't really like the idea of ordering shoes I've never tried on before. @Avidkeo I am glad there is a shoe store only an hour away. The next closest one is closer to 2 hours away.

Good luck on your race tomorrow @garygse!

I really like REI and have been shifting to them and away from Amazon for a lot of running stuff (I still use Prime for All The Other Things). They do pretty regular online sales, too, and especially for running it's good that you can actually use the stuff and still return it. A lot of clothes and shoes bought on Amazon can be returned but aren't supposed to be worn. I was able to return a pair of boots once that absolutely fell apart after two weeks but not having to worry about that is nice.