Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Not cheating, @bulldogcpa. You did what you had to do to get to a healthier lifestyle and now you're working hard to get to that goal. Congrats on your loss!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,286 Member
    Options
    Struggling to loose any weight, not gaining just static lol!
  • Chantell1979
    Chantell1979 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m not 50, but please add!
  • annliz23
    Options
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Hey there-
    Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
    Jay in Atlanta

Count me in! Hey all I'm Mo, from London and I'm 50 (I'm still a wild 18 year old in my head though). Desperately need to lose 28lbs before my holiday in August and have always struggled with exercise but bought myself a treadmill and plonked it in my bedroom so its the first thing I see when I wake up every morning. Sugar is like crack to me and I seriously need to gain mastery over it. Currently at home in my 3rd year of a Psychology and Counselling degree so spend a lot of my time sitting on my butt at my computer. It's amazing to see so many gorgeous 50 somethings on the same journey and I hope we can all help each other along... Go us!!!!

• annliz23
    Options
    Hey there-
    Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
    Jay in Atlanta

Count me in! Hey all I'm Mo, from London and I'm 50 (I'm still a wild 18 year old in my head though). Desperately need to lose 28lbs before my holiday in August and have always struggled with exercise but bought myself a treadmill and plonked it in my bedroom so its the first thing I see when I wake up every morning. Sugar is like crack to me and I seriously need to gain mastery over it. Currently at home in my 3rd year of a Psychology and Counselling degree so spend a lot of my time sitting on my butt at my computer. It's amazing to see so many gorgeous 50 somethings on the same journey and I hope we can all help each other along... Go us!!!!

Glad your having a try, keep a log if what your eating I have found that helps me.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hey Sandra from Bolton in England, back to work which involves a lot of sitting at a desk. Got to motivate myself to go out with the dog as soon as I arrive home before I put my feet up with a cuppa. Anyone with a Fitbit please add me https://www.fitbit.com/user/2FX98V

Keep going you will make it.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Back from the "walk about" New Mexico- Gila Cliff Dwellings, Wow! nice and warm, fair with the vacation eating, home now, back to work- and back to you all! On the Morrow 50'ers...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    annliz23 wrote: »
    I'm going to give it a go!

Not sure how this works do you weigh in on a Friday?

No weigh-ins in this thread. You are welcome to post that info if you like. This thread is a place to share your successes and failures and just generally support each other.

There are lots of support groups and challenges on MFP that do a weekly weigh-in. Search for them - I'm sure others reading this can point you at some groups, too. I'm in a year long challenge right now - I don't know if they are adding members now, but it can't hurt to ask. Post a request in the thread below.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710490/all-members-ask-questions-other-group-wide-posts/p1

One weigh-in thread here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10723651/just-give-me-10-days-round-67
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Hey there-
    Jay in Atlanta

Count me in! Hey all I'm Mo, from London and I'm 50 (I'm still a wild 18 year old in my head though). Desperately need to lose 28lbs before my holiday in August

Hi Mo! Welcome :). Where’re you going in Holiday? Somewhere fabulous?!
  • smbqt2
    smbqt2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m 49 but figure it’s close enough, any new friends out there? Please send a friend request :)
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh hello my friends. I have struggling. After a very focus January I became unhinged super bowl weekend and cannot get a grip. You would think it is the holiday season the way I’m carrying on. Stress...yes. Busy as hell...yes. No time for gym...yes. But why would I not take extra good care of myself???? Why! I’m so annoyed w me. Just had to share. 🤯
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @poscur, it's ok. BTDT. Take some time for yourself, re-center, re-evaluate, remember Why you began, get back on track, one step at a time. We are here to listen, hug and cheer. You Can Do It! I believe you can. Do you? 😉
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @poscur, we all go through this. I agree with @MountainTopMom. Also, just think about how happy you are going to be at the end of February because you took control and took care of YOU. I believe this whole process is more mental than physical. What's going to be the first step you take?
    Hugs,
    Bonnie