TEAM EXPLOSIVES: CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD - PART 2 [CLO

Options

Replies

• sleepydaisy7
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Height: 5'3"
    Starting Weight: 281.4 (oh my god, that's the first time I've written that anywhere or said it in "public")
    NEW Challenge Starting Weight: 275.4

My Goals for this Challenge:
    1. To loose weight (no specific goal - just get it off!)
    2. To get to week 5 of C25k. I'm repeating weeks and currently started my first round of week 2.
    3. To get support and to give support!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    To remind myself that Sunday 9pm EST (EDT) is Monday 2 a.m. in GMT.
    I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to do the Push section of this challenge. I cannot ride a bike, nor jog, nor run. I'm currently beginning week two of C25k, and I'm supposed to take rest days in between. If it has to be a percentage of my walking becomes jogging, then if I'm walking, say to the shops, i have to jog some of the way? And when I'm walking and jogging in my c25k i have to turn a percentage of that into jogging and running?
    Help, I've confused myself.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'0"
    Starting Weight: 305 lbs
    Challenge Start Weight: 204 lbs
    1. To :explode: this plateau I've been in for a month now
    2. To try something new, I'm usually the loner with a sniper rifle when zombies roll through town :blushing:
    3. To support and encourage my team!

For those that may not have the signature code, here it is, just remember to change the to lowercaseexplosivesteam.jpg
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    Starting Weight: 218lbs
    Challenge Start Weight: 209.4 lbs
    NEW Challenge Starting Weight: 204.0 lbs
    1. 184.9 weight
    2. Do as much as I can on each weekly challenge.
    3. Support my team members in their own journey.
    4. Kick some Zombie butt! :explode:

Its great to meet you all - feel free to friend me if you want to. :smile: I'll be starting on the miles today (C25K day today). Let's go Team Explosives! :explode:
  • xcountryguy
    xcountryguy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good way to start off my Monday since I weigh in Mondays. I skipped my last weigh-in due to vacation and despite being on vacation I lost 3 pounds in 2 week which is exactly on my target track for weight loss. Walking will start happening once I get some food in my house again, heh.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    Starting Weight: 313.5
    Challenge Start Weight: 270
    NEW Challenge Starting Weight: I havent read main forum yet, bit confused as to why we have new thread or so many new people (seeing as we are only suppose to have 15 people per team; seems the count is over 20??). new starting weight? as of when? Im confused LOL. Last weigh in was 257.2 i think... but my ticker is at 254 because I dont update it if i go up weight... i go up and down all the time.
    1. Be under my high school weight (240)
    2. incorporate excercise into diet program (prior to july, i had lost 45lbs with no excercise)
    3. By incorporating excercise--tone more so that I dont end up with mass loose skin (strength training instead of cardio)
    4. Make myself more capable of doing excercise (severe hip trauma has been very limiting over the past couple years; by gaining muscle, and losing weight, i hope to no longer be limited).
  • scantrll
    Options
    Today I did 2.25 miles on my C25K program :smile: I'm about to head to Zumba and then I'll do some of those lean over things when I get home and do weights and sit-ups.

Hope you're all having a brilliant day! (Or night, depending on where in the world you are.)
  • xcountryguy
    xcountryguy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start. Put in 4 miles at various speeds on my treadmill. Apparently it is uphill to this base since my treadmill is set at a four degree incline. I hope to do some poses and more miles after work.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good job you two! I've finished 2.5 miles so far (on the treadmill). A little later I'll do the airplane poses and up the distance on my elliptical. I'm determined to do a bunch of miles today so that I can have some days for rest. I'm in a 5k Mud Run on Saturday!!!! I'm so excited!

Odd question for people who use ellipticals. Mine only does distance in revolutions/rotations, not miles. I searched online and found a conversion (1138 revolutions = 1 mile) but it seems really high. Does that seem right?? On the treadmill I'm consistently running 10-12 minute miles and it seems to take me almost 30 minutes to do 1138 revolutions on the elliptical!!! How do you all convert yours??
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    5 miles run this evening, included 2 minutes worth of sprints (6x20sec) as per instructions. Did 20 Airplanes per side for a total of 40. REALLY feeling it in my hamstrings. Keep up the great work Team!
  • scantrll
    Options
    Ended up doing a total of 24 airplanes in Zumba class! :laugh: I went to one that I had never been to, and the instructor had two sets of 12 in one of her songs. I'm not logging them separately tonight, since I did them in the class.

Tomorrow I'll be walking since its an off day for my running. I wish I had a working bike to do some of the miles on!
  • sleepydaisy7
    Options
    Well.... had a good weigh in today, but calorie-wise it was terrible. Went to the Little League World Series with my son and brought an apple and some granola, but ended up going over my calories anyway. Kettle corn, I have a love-hate relationship with you.

Anyway, as far as I can figure from google maps, the stadium to our car was about .5 miles. I wish I brought a pedometer, but that would necessitate me buying one. So I'm going to stick with 1 mile for today, total.

I haven't used my exercise bike in forever, but I think I'll be dusting it off to do some of these miles! Tomorrow is also a C25k day, woo! I always feel good after a "run" day. .... i need to work the kettle corn off.
  • christie177
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Starting Weight: 166 lbs
    Challenge Start Weight: 156 lbs

1. 145 lbs
    2. To actually eat breakfast (I'm horrible about this!)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    Starting Weight: 297 lbs
    Challenge Start Weight: 255.8 lbs

1. 230 lbs
    2. Get my waist down to < 35 inches
    3. Helping my team by consistently posting my progress.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    1 mile today - walking
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    5.64 miles done on treadmill and bike.

Also, I have a bad back so I do a lot of water aerobics, does this count? I did 1 hour today.

I want to make sure I understand the challenge for the week:
    25 miles walking, jogging or biking.
    40 Airplane poses
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    Odd question for people who use ellipticals. Mine only does distance in revolutions/rotations, not miles. I searched online and found a conversion (1138 revolutions = 1 mile) but it seems really high. Does that seem right?? On the treadmill I'm consistently running 10-12 minute miles and it seems to take me almost 30 minutes to do 1138 revolutions on the elliptical!!! How do you all convert yours??
    hay i dono if mine is right but mine says 30 mins 5.5 miles i think =) hope that helps
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    hay guys sorry i havnt been on in ages been so buzy!

name: sinead
    Height: 5'4"
    Starting Weight: 166.4 lbs (75.5 kg)
    Challenge Start Weight: 157 lbs (71.2 kg)
    NEW Challenge Starting Weight: 157.1 lbs (71.3 kg)
    1. 145.5 lbs (66 kg)
    2. drink water !!!!!!!!
    3. To get to know my team mates :bigsmile:
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

hay i dono if mine is right but mine says 30 mins 5.5 miles i think =) hope that helps

Wow-yours says 30 minutes is 5.5 miles! Holy crap! Did it say that in the manual or did the display just read 5.5 miles when you worked out for 1/2 an hour?
  • punk_mama
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in yet. I worked a crazy amount of hours yesterday. (16hrs!!! :noway: ) and I finally feel awake.
    Here are my stats:
    Hight: 5'7
    Wt: 140
    My goals:
    1. Keep up with 1 lb/wk wt loss
    2. Get 100% on all weekly challenges.
    3. Drink atleast 8 glasses of water 5 days/wk (my water intake is pathetic)
    4. Start jogging more. The 'cardio push' is going to help, I walk alot already.
    5. It's not really workout/food related But I want to get at least a 'B' in each of my classes this semester. :bigsmile: