TEAM EXPLOSIVES: CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD - PART 2 [CLO

Options

Replies

• athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    All right everyone, great job, I'm missing 9 people's final totals, I'll send those out individually. You guys are doing amazing, thanks for all your hard work!

I'll post finals this afternoon!
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    5.64 miles
    40 airplanes
    Weight 257.3
  • CirrusMoth
    Options
    Wish I had a pedometer. I'd like to know how many miles I put on in an average serving shift :/

I think we have one if you want to borrow it. Rose uses a heart rate monitor instead and I will be getting one myself (hopefully) for one of the upcoming holidays. Not sure where it is...I'll have to look around. Let me know and I can bring it over to your job. :-)
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Monday: 640 Stairs / 30 Triceps Dips

My personal challenge this week is to drink at least 1/2 my body weight in ounces this week. That'll be 101.5 oz of water a day minimum. I can do that. :happy: And it'll get me nice and hydrated in prep for downtown Atlanta this weekend. I'm going out of town from Thursday- Monday (Dragon Con!!) so I'm hoping to get as much of this challenge out of the way before I go simply because I don't know what kind of time I'm going to have to devote to the gym. :tongue: Don't worry, tho, I'll be doing tons of walking.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I lost the main forum link (had to factory reset my phone), can someone send it to me so I can find this weeks challenge? Thanx.

Oh and...
    final weigh in 255... last weigh in was 257 but I didn't lose any weight, just trying to get back to the 254 I was at before (walking makes me gain water weight). 18+ miles, 160 airplaines.

Today im doin something a lil crazy, trying to lose as much weight as possible for biggest loser competition...took a diuretic, not drinking any fluid and not eating any food with sodium in it, and natural laxative later with sauna tomorrow morning. I've drank nearly, or over 2gallons of water everyday for over a week so ill be fine for just 24hrs of this. My last weigh in was high and it put me in 5th place but im really in like 3rd so with a lil extra push I might just win the$ 300.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Progress:
    Monday

Steps 280
    Dips 26

Gees those dips are HARD! I tried using different chairs, and both the bent leg and straight leg ones...
    Not feeling very confident about completing this weeks challenge. :indifferent:
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Progress:
    Monday

Steps 280
    Dips 26

Gees those dips are HARD! I tried using different chairs, and both the bent leg and straight leg ones...

We had to do those before the zombies ate most of our friends, they certainly are rough. If I learned anything from that week, it was to break those up into smaller sets and spread them out throughout the day. Otherwise my arms were killing me and I had a really hard time.
  • babydull
    Options
    Progress:
    Monday

Steps 280
    Dips 26

We had to do those before the zombies ate most of our friends, they certainly are rough. If I learned anything from that week, it was to break those up into smaller sets and spread them out throughout the day. Otherwise my arms were killing me and I had a really hard time.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that. :happy:
    So what happened there, did people get eliminated for not hitting their goals or something?
  • babydull
    Options
    Today im doin something a lil crazy, trying to lose as much weight as possible for biggest loser competition...took a diuretic, not drinking any fluid and not eating any food with sodium in it, and natural laxative later with sauna tomorrow morning. I've drank nearly, or over 2gallons of water everyday for over a week so ill be fine for just 24hrs of this. My last weigh in was high and it put me in 5th place but im really in like 3rd so with a lil extra push I might just win the$ 300.

Can I just say, since you put it out there, that's really worrying behaviour, with an ed mentality. I'm poor as hell, but my body is worth more than $300 to me. I don't mean this as criticising, I know you stated it's crazy behaviour, I'm just expressing concern, and didn't want this kind of behaviour to go unchecked, influencing others.
  • babybluz33
    Options
    So what happened there, did people get eliminated for not hitting their goals or something?

No, no one was ever eliminated. The organizers had some serious personal stuff come up and the boards got really quiet. Some people just stopped participating and others just had too much going on. But luckily we had some stick around and then we got to add all of you guys to our teams. I'm glad it kept going, I've really enjoyed this challenge.

But yeah those tricep dips are brutal ;)
  • babydull
    Options

No, no one was ever eliminated. The organizers had some serious personal stuff come up and the boards got really quiet. Some people just stopped participating and others just had too much going on. But luckily we had some stick around and then we got to add all of you guys to our teams. I'm glad it kept going, I've really enjoyed this challenge.

But yeah those tricep dips are brutal ;)

Oh ok, cool thanks for explaining. Good to know I'm not facing elimination if I can't get my steps in.
    I'm going to make it a personal goal to do as many dips as I did today, every day this week.
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    Week 7 Results.

I want to tell everyone great job this week, I can see the hard work! If you don’t see it, just remember there are so many unhealthy people in this world who don’t take the first step, and both teams together have taken over 3,000,000 steps this week!

Ranged-

Total Team Weight loss: 33.6 lbs or .77%
    Total Miles: 519.81 or 95%
    Total Airplanes: 1067 or 121%

Explosives -

Total Team Weight loss: 36.6 or .87%
    Total Miles: 388.67 or 71%
    Total Airplanes: 1702 or 193%

I believe that makes Explosives the winners this week with .1% higher weight loss and 76% higher in Airplanes, although Ranged dominated the miles!

Individuals:
    WL = Weight Loss
    WG = Weight Gain
    M = Miles
    A = Airplanes

Ranged-

ABBY459
    .27% WL / 80% M / 150% A

BUBBLEBUSRT80
    .91% WL / 68% M / 100% A

CANDACENS
    1.07% WL / 0% M / 0% A

CATEYES0831
    .82% WL /90% M /150% A

CHRISSCHRISS
    .61% WL / 216% M / 113% A

DTOUGH
    .44% WL / 100% M / 50% A

GLITTERMOUSE
    .74% WL / 72% M / 0% A

JENFUNFUR
    .56% WL / 36% M / 25% A

JLS1661
    0% WL / 80% M / 150% A
    (We don’t have all your numbers!)

KIMBERLYDENICE
    1.53% WL / 112% M /100% A

LADYTEP
    0% WL / 80% M /150% A

LOVEME445
    0% WL / 91% M /125% A

MAKINMOVES - Captain
    .90% WL / 91% M / 125% A

MELISSARAETERRY
    .26% WG / 194% M / 100% A

MENTALBEAT
    .45% WL /188% M /100% A

MICHZ
    0% WL / 92% M / 150% A

MMIIAA
    .33% WL / 68% M / 400% A

MRTENTACLENUN
    .77% WL / 112% M / 0% A

SBROWN6
    .26% WG / 84% M / 100% M

SWEETPEAGRL
    1.96% WL / 72% M / 150% A

TAMEKO2
    1.53% WL / 60% M / 100% A

TIFFYCOOPER
    3.64% WL / 52% M /230% A

Ranged MVPs:
    Total Weight Loss Percentage - TIFFYCOOPER 3.64%!
    Total Weight Loss - TIFFYCOOPER 8.0 lbs!
    Total Miles- CHRISSCHRISS 54 Miles!
    Total Airplanes- MMIIAA 160 Airplanes!

Great Job, Ranged!

Explosives-

AGREENMESS
    1.78% WL / 86% M / 100% A

ANNACATALDO
    .86% WL / 72% M / 400% A

ATHENAWHO - Captain
    1.65% WL / 120% M / 250% A

BABYBLUZ33
    .83% WL / 102% M / 600% M

BABYDULL
    1.20% WL / 100% M / 225% A

BRENTGETSFIT
    0% WL/ 116% M / 200% A

CDOMOE
    2.22 WL / 108% M / 100% A

CHRISTIE177
    (We don’t have any of your numbers!)

CIRRUSMOTH
    .56% WG / 64% M / 300% A

DMNOSU17
    .09% WG / 46% M / 238% A

HTHFAMILY
    0% WL / 23% M / 100% A

JENNYISBUSY
    0% WL / 36% M / 5% A

JWATERS1006
    1.81% WL / 32% M / 125% A

OKIEWORKOUT
    1.80% WL / 153% M / 503% A

PUNK_MAMA
    .71% WL / 114% M / 250% A

SCANTRLL
    .39% WL / 54% M / 210% A

SINEADGROWDEN
    1.78% WL / 50% M / 0% A

SLEEPYDAISY7
    .40% WL / 79% M / 250% A

XCOUNTRYGUY
    1.54% WL / 200% M / 400% A

Explosives MVPs:
    Total Weight Loss Percentage - CDOMOE 2.22% Weight Loss!
    Total Weight Loss - JWATERS1006 5.4 lbs lost!
    Total Miles- XCOUNTRYGUY 50 Miles!
    Total Airplanes- BABYBLUZ33 240 Airplanes!

Also we haven’t heard from these people, if we don’t hear from them by next week, we’re taking them out of the competition:

CFINE66 -Explosives
    EBELLISS -Explosives
    QUARBOPLE -Explosives

If you have any info about them, contact me!

Again great job, everyone!

Final note: IF YOU ARE INJURED or get injured, contact your Captain, we can work something out!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Great job Explosives!!!! Keep up the great work!

Progress for this week:
    Monday: 1152 stairs, 30 tricep dips

A few tips (aka personal weapons)

1. As I mentioned a few posts ago, definitely break the tricep dips up into smaller sets and spread them out. Your arms will thank you later, and you'll be able to do more of them that way. You can probably increase the number per set as the week progresses...they are just brutal at first.

2. As far as my journey: set mini goals that aren't weight related (for example, I want to run/walk x number of miles this month), don't cut everything you've ever loved out of your diet (I will not survive without peanut butter and chocolate, so I just eat less, or plan for it now), and one thing I really find helpful on MFP is using the exercise notes. Since MFP logs only minutes exercising I like to put all of my miles, # of stairs, etc. in the notes, so I don't have to remember later. Also it's nice to go back through and see all of the hard work I put in. I also use that for notes to myself about certain machines I use. For example on my elliptical 1138 rotations = 1 mile, and 1 floor on the stair stepper I use = 16 stairs, etc. It's inevitable that I will forget these things, but they are all written here in my diary when that happens!

:drinker: :explode:
  • sleepydaisy7
    Options
    Progress for this week:
    Monday: 320 stairs, 15 tricep dips

Total
    320 / 2500 stairs
    15 / 60 tricep dips

I agree, those tricep dips are killer! But breaking them up makes it easier. My goal for the week is to 100% each of these!

As for my weapon... I have to give that a little more thought. I'll post on it later.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Monday 15 tri dips
    no stairs today guess I better be stepping

secret weapon: accountability! you can log whatever you want but your body knows the truth! be accountable to yourself and make the most of this journey.
  • babydull
    Options
    Progress:

Tuesday
    40 dips
    420 stairs

Total thus far:
    Dips 66
    Steps 700
  • cdomoe
    cdomoe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    monday progress:

491 stairs
    50 dips

still thinking about tools...
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Monday: 640 Stairs / 30 Triceps Dips
    Tuesday: 640 Stairs / 30 Triceps Dips

Totals: 1280 / 2500 Stairs & 60 / 60 Triceps Dips

Over 1/2 way to completing the stairs... trying to get them DONE so that while at the con, if I do extra stairs, then gravy, if not, at least I'll have done them all for the team. :smile: Go Team Explosives! :explode:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Monday: 100 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Tuesday: 700Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips

Totals: 800 / 2500 Stairs & 0/ 60 Triceps Dips