Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Replies

• lvigesaa
    lvigesaa Posts: 12 Member
    Hi! Not quite sure how this works but this sounded like a good group. So giving it a try. Keeping weight off has been a constant struggle over the years but have remained within a consistent range. In my younger years, it was not too hard to get back down after a gain once I set my mind to it. It’s a lot harder at 55. Weight was getting up again so tried WW and it worked for a while but wasn’t for me. I never really engaged with MFP though I used it on and off. So giving this a try and so far so good. The interaction is helping and enjoying the support and motivation. Anyway, my goal is to get back to 135 but working on just getting to at least 140. Looking forward to joining you all on the journey.
  • heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    Had a rough week with a stomach bug and then a tooth infection that blew my face up like I was sucking on a golf ball! So I really wasnt up to much exercise. Those issues did make it easy to stay under calories though lol
    Finally feeling up to a workout today and starting the week off feeling good.
  • whit4kids
    whit4kids Posts: 15 Member
    HW: 260 lbs
    SW: 246 lbs
    CW: 217.1 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs

I'm at Day 91 right now! Pleased with the progress I'm making though it may not be as rapid as others. This is not a competition. It is a lifestyle change and a path to a healthier life! I'm 66 years young and have "dieted" my entire adult life. I've always felt deprived when losing weight before. Not with the Keto WOE. I thank God each day that my cravings and hunger pains have been lifted.
  • jumpingjenkins
    jumpingjenkins Posts: 19 Member
    Hello! Just checking in! I feel 👌, my kids have been a challenge lately with asthma and other medical issues with our youngest. So, I put my kids first and have been slacking on make healthy choices and have been picking fast, easy choices instead. I know what I should do, but I'm tired. I comitt to doing dance fit tonight and stay within my calories for the day! Just one day at a time.
  • riley2eat
    riley2eat Posts: 39 Member
    HW:210
    CW: 189
    GW:140
    I finally got under 190! And I can now wrap myself in a towel after a shower and it closes all the way with no v thing forming under my belly because my belly is too big. Just need to share that with someone 😂
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    @riley2eat - Congrats that’s awesome!
  • heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    riley2eat wrote: »
    HW:210
    CW: 189
    GW:140
    I finally got under 190! And I can now wrap myself in a towel after a shower and it closes all the way with no v thing forming under my belly because my belly is too big. Just need to share that with someone 😂

What a great feeling!! Congrats!
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    I did well today and am going to bed a little hungry just had to let someone know. I am on week 6 or so now and doing great.
  • jumpingjenkins
    jumpingjenkins Posts: 19 Member
    Got thru the dreaded sweet treat day yesterday!
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    I wanted to apologize for being MIA. Have had my own person struggles I have dealing with. When that happens I tend to shut the world out. Looks like everyone is still plugging away. Looking forward to get past this. Love you all❤
  • fonsecat
    fonsecat Posts: 5 Member
    Looking for a group to help keep me motivated and plugged in to my goals. Lost a good anount of weight. Took a month off from my weight loss goals and now getting back to focusing on the weight loss again. Doing low carb and keeping calories in check of course.
    Like to really really be focused and on point for next 30 days before spring break. Anyone else on board for being really on point with diet and weight loss efforts for 30 day plan?
  • meagain00
    meagain00 Posts: 2 Member
    Celebrated a little bit too much on Valentine's Day too much sweet. But back on track this week.
  • riley2eat
    riley2eat Posts: 39 Member
    Ive honestly been eating 100% garbage from candy to pizza to fast food and ive made it to the gym 0 times this week and lost 2 pounds... i'm happy that i'm somehow not gaining it back but i'm really not proud :/
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    Good Morning!! I'd LOVE to join this group!!! Please please please add me if you wish :) Looking for motivating friends, who understand the daily struggle of the "good and bad"......

My name is Nicole and I'm from New Hampshire....I've got 3 grown boys, who range in age from 25 - 30...I'm 50. I had my boys young, so now is MY TIME :)

I joined a gym last week, something I've done on and off for about 8 years now.....I really want to stick with this one, the ladies in my classes are awesome and so motivating.

I'm 5'8" and would LOVE to see 160 on the scale. I was always thin my whole life, even after having children....weighing no more than 150 (pregnant maybe 155)....... So I never thought I had to exercise...Boy was I WRONG!!!!!! Because of that, I have zero muscle tone, and need to work really hard to get that at my age.

CW: 182

Goal Weight: 160

Thanks for "listening" :)
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Weigh in yesterday 186.8. Going Down! I've been highly motivated for 2+ Weeks. Crossing fingers this trend lasts a little longer cuz I know the sweet tooth and fried food cravings gonna hit at some point.
    Boiled eggs and soup have been staples allowing to have some extra higher calorie foods which I think have helped not feeling deprived.
    Best of Luck
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Hello I'm Shanel back in 2015 I lost nearly 30lbs and felt great, but 2017 I let my emotions consume me. I quit going to the gym consistently and began old eating patterns. I have now gained about 20lbs back and haven't been to the gym consistently in a while. Yesterday I stayed within my calorie goal, I intend to focus on my diet for the next few weeks then slowly incorporate the gym. I miss being who I was when I lost the weight initially, my clothing no longer fit I have about 4-5 outfits that fit properly but refuse to buy bigger clothing. I am focused on today right now, One Day at Time is my plan.

HW ever: 206
    CW: 175
    GW: 150
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Howdy! Back from vacation/ conference. 2 pounds heavier...ugh. But still down from when I joined this group so ready to get back at it 😊
  • melissaking572
    melissaking572 Posts: 14 Member
    Would like support to keep on track with goals and help each other, feel free to add me as I'm not sure how !
  • moore143
    moore143 Posts: 1 Member
    Working it!!