Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Replies

• coachniquenya
    coachniquenya Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2019
    Does anyone else do keto? Love my coffee which I got to have my sugar and milk in it. Have used sugar substitutes except they give me a headache. Any ideas what to do, anyone

How much coffee are you drinking? It isn't recommended to have more than a cup or two while on Keto. Also, coffee is a mild diuretic and although not totally responsible for dehydrating you, it does flush some sodium through your urine. It is super important to stay well hydrated on Keto. Are you drinking enough water? You really need much more than the standard minimum 64 ozs (8 glasses) per day. I shoot for a gallon or more depending on my activity.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Challenge Check-In
    Monday - 2.5 miles on treadmill & 30 DS
    Tuesday - Day 8 of 30 Day Shred
    Wednesday - 2 miles on treadmill & 30 DS
    Thursday - Day 10 of 30 Day Shred
    Friday - 2 miles on treadmill at 12 mpm, 1 mile at 17 mpm on 5% incline, first day of level 2 of 30 DS
    Saturday - Day 2, Lvl 2 30 DS plus a short yoga session.

It feels weird to be this active, I’m normally such a couch potato! I do feel better about myself when I get my workouts in. I really hope being more consistent in my exercise is something I can truly make a part of my regular routine.
  • Running2Fit
    Does anyone else do keto? Love my coffee which I got to have my sugar and milk in it. Have used sugar substitutes except they give me a headache. Any ideas what to do, anyone

I don’t do Keto but my mom uses some sort of flavored sugar free syrup in her coffee and really likes it. I don’t know if that would give you headaches as well though...
  • imjaswarn
    imjaswarn Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone, been missing couple of days.....found Leslie Saranson walking videos...3 mile walking gets the sweat flowing at 6 degree Celsius temp too ( India)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member

I'm keto and I use a sugar free french vanilla creamer. It's 2 carbs per tablespoon though so you have to measure it out. An Unsweetened vanilla almond/cashew milk (about 5tbs), and monk fruit sweetener. A lot of ketoers use some sort of sugar free syrups they find along with some heavy whipping cream or half and half. I can't remember brands for the syrups though.

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Energy is loooooow today. Not tired at all, but leg day today was just so lackluster. I did do something which I guess counts for at least a little, but my workout was just so..... meh.
    Think it's the overcast gloomy day. Always feel this way when it's rainy out.
    Diet is going well. Could calorie restrict a little better, but overall it's going well :)
  • riley2eat
    riley2eat Posts: 39 Member
    Ok guys, I have an awful question, because I know the answer is " you shouldn't be doing that at all" lol. I was wondering if anyone eats something after midnight do you add it to the diary for the day that had just passed or the day that is just beginning?
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    riley2eat wrote: »
    Ok guys, I have an awful question, because I know the answer is " you shouldn't be doing that at all" lol. I was wondering if anyone eats something after midnight do you add it to the diary for the day that had just passed or the day that is just beginning?

I add it for the day because I haven't slept yet
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi, I’m looking to take off the weight I have put on. I would like to lose 10 pounds. I workout everyday, but since my diet is out of control, working out really does me no good. Binge eating is my problem. I have a lot of stress in my life, that I’m slowly trying to work on, which is why I binge eat.

How do I sign up for the group?
  • bettina8037
    bettina8037 Posts: 34 Member
    Hey guys, I am going to admit my truth here. I sucked this week. Have to say since I have been I. Pain I turned to eating. Just couldn't find relief without taking tones of ibuprofen. This is usually not my style to whine about pain.

So, for me I am going to change it up a little. I did really well on doing keto/atkins and lost 40 lbs along with intermittent fasting over a yr ago. So going to take ibuprofen for now just to get me able to stretch to get my areas that really need stretching, exercise what I am able to until I can rebuild my strength. I gotta, gotta, gotta stay on keto. Need motivation and support.

You guys are beautiful, stay strong!!❤💕

Thanks for your honesty! You can do this! I'm not keto so no advice, sorry 😕
    I have had a rough week as well. Good workouts, but eating at maintenance instead of deficit and the scale is up. Super discouraging but today I have been better. And the days where I ate at maintenance were days where I got to enjoy good food and good company and so no regrets there!
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Hi, newbie to the group. Have 10 -15 to lose.
    Doing CICO my calorie goal is 1200 to 1500. Depending on workout etc.
    Overall I eat healthy, but I have to watch portions and calories.

I run walk with fitbit.
  • Running2Fit
    Challenge Check-In
    Monday - 2.5 miles on treadmill & 30 DS
    Tuesday - Day 8 of 30 Day Shred
    Wednesday - 2 miles on treadmill & 30 DS
    Thursday - Day 10 of 30 Day Shred
    Friday - 2 miles on treadmill at 12 mpm, 1 mile at 17 mpm on 5% incline, first day of level 2 of 30 DS
    Saturday - Day 2, Lvl 2 30 DS plus a short yoga session.
    Sunday - Day 3 Lvl 2 30 DS
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    @riley2eat @coachniquenya @Running2Fit @LiLee2018 thanks for you input on my coffee dilemma

@bettina8037 thanks for your support 💕

@Running2Fit you are doing great

@LiLee2018 dont let it get you down, some days are just a no go. Tomorrow is a fresh day

@riley2eat. That is a good question. Guess if you add it to the next day just gives u less for the next day. The problem eating late at night it seems to be hard to get rid of

Welcome all new members. Just jump in and start talking with the group. Everyone is all very help.
  • echoroyal79
    The next 2 weeks my oldest son and my daughter in law is coming to visit. It would be nice to have another admin to carry on when they are too busy. Is there anyone interested? Msg me if you are
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Is there a challenge for this week?
  • heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    Hey guys, I am going to admit my truth here. I sucked this week. Have to say since I have been I. Pain I turned to eating. Just couldn't find relief without taking tones of ibuprofen. This is usually not my style to whine about pain.

So, for me I am going to change it up a little. I did really well on doing keto/atkins and lost 40 lbs along with intermittent fasting over a yr ago. So going to take ibuprofen for now just to get me able to stretch to get my areas that really need stretching, exercise what I am able to until I can rebuild my strength. I gotta, gotta, gotta stay on keto. Need motivation and support.

You guys are beautiful, stay strong!!❤💕

Sorry you’ve been in pain! We all have slumps but tomorrow is another day. Good luck with Keto. If you did well in it before you can do it again. I tried it with my daughter once and by the end of the day she was the biggest grouch lol I wasn’t for her. I know people who have had amazing results though.
    Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
  • heathervo
    Is there a challenge for this week?

Good question! I could use a goal lol
  • Hi my name is Sonya. I’m try to stay with a 1280 daily calorie count. I would like to lose 30 lbs, exercise more and drink more water. I work full time and have a family but I’m trying really hard to make time for “ME”. Feel free to friend me. Good luck with your goals and life changes😊
  • heathervo
    Hi my name is Sonya. I’m try to stay with a 1280 daily calorie count. I would like to lose 30 lbs, exercise more and drink more water. I work full time and have a family but I’m trying really hard to make time for “ME”. Feel free to friend me. Good luck with your goals and life changes😊

Hi Sonya. I hear you about making time for you! I always throw myself into making sure everyone else is good and didn’t do the same for myself. You can do it, you deserve it! Good luck!
  • echoroyal79
    qnpopazqh73l.jpg