40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    One week of P90X3 Lean done - down half an inch in the waist, so excited!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    22 minute hard corps cold start.
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 7! Done!! 55#. 21:00. Took my good sweet granny time with the get ups. Focused on doing them right. Didn’t feel weak on either side. MAY have done a few extra reps...I MAY have lost count a couple times.

You truly are amazing!
  • sdereski
    Options
    One week of P90X3 Lean done - down half an inch in the waist, so excited!

Excellent!
  • sdereski
    Options
    2_FitNFab wrote: »
    40+ here looking to add more supportive friends with open diaries.

Welcome! :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 12...DONE! 55#. 20:21!
    swing squats went MUCH better today. I found it and just went.
    tomorrow MAY be a rest day. or Alpha 13. gotta admit, NOT looking forward to that one (...or 18). we'll see what kind of mood I'm in when I get up.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Alpha 13...&14! Done. 55#. 20:48/10:45. As expected, I had to move after the first 200m. No big. I got in an extra burden carry.
    Tomorrow WILL be “Alpha Rest!” LOL!
    The overhead throws took some practice. I kept tossing up, instead of back. Got it though.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Beachbody Yoga Studio "Muscle Recovery with Ted" & "Shoulder Care with Caley Alyssa"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 15. Done. 55#. I got 12 rounds...JUST.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    P90X3 Total Synergistics and a 3-mile recovery run today. I had to miss a couple of workouts last week in favor of running and working double shifts at work. I ran instead so I'd be ready for yesterday's 10K. The weather was perfect for the run! I'm still slow , but working my way back after being down so long with my injuries. The workouts and runs are starting to feel good again!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good morning all,

It has been quite a month to date. First off, we had an unexpected death in our family. My 52 year old sister in law passed away suddenly. That was quite a blow to our family as she was so loved!
    Then this past Saturday, my husband and I were headed to the city for our 4 year old granddaughter's bday party. We had my MIL and our 7 year old granddaughter with us. About an hour out of town, a northbound vehicle crossed the centre line and crashed right into us. Thankfully, we are all OKAY. We walked away without a scratch. My car, on the other hand is pretty much totaled, but that can be replaced. Just a pain now having to deal with all the insurance stuff. But, happy to being dealing with that healthy and in one piece. :)

Sunday, my husband and I just went for a nice walk as we were not up to doing anything strenuous. We were exhausted. I think from the trauma of the day before. I did get my snowshoe in yesterday and it was wonderful! Had to break trail for a good part of it, so I worked up a good sweat, and I loved every minute of it.

Praying the year just gets better from here on in. :)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to do yoga once a week just because my old joints get pretty stiff, I need to work on my mobility and core strength to help with some back pain. I'm not very good at it, but I try. Well apparently my usual yoga class got a new instructor, and it was awful. I couldn't keep up, couldn't do half of the moves, and he couldn't figure out how to turn his ringer off, it was the worst yoga experience of my life. So I'm trying a different class tonight.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on yoga because of one mediocre instructor!!! Also, pilates is great for core and back strength too!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Roadie2000 wrote: »
    I've been trying to do yoga once a week just because my old joints get pretty stiff, I need to work on my mobility and core strength to help with some back pain. I'm not very good at it, but I try. Well apparently my usual yoga class got a new instructor, and it was awful. I couldn't keep up, couldn't do half of the moves, and he couldn't figure out how to turn his ringer off, it was the worst yoga experience of my life. So I'm trying a different class tonight.

That is so disappointing. But as @tcunbeliever said, don't give up and pilates is a great alternative if need be.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

That's disappointing!

Always remember it's better to do something slow with good form, than to try to rush and do something not good for you. You can always substitute a pose, no matter what your instructor might direct the class in general. Yoga practice is an instructor guiding you, not commanding you...do what is right for YOU always.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I forgot to post this morning...
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 16! 55#! 25:42. Not my greatest time, but I’ll own it. I had to go real slow on the bear complex. To keep form and mostly not to knock myself over or bust myself in the face (still did that once though).
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »

That's disappointing!

Always remember it's better to do something slow with good form, than to try to rush and do something not good for you. You can always substitute a pose, no matter what your instructor might direct the class in general. Yoga practice is an instructor guiding you, not commanding you...do what is right for YOU always.

Great advice, @kenyonhaff. Maybe I have been lucky, but every instructor I have followed emphasizes doing the poses in a way that is individually comfortable. One instructor calls it "finding your edge" - pushing yourself to the limits of your body. That's great - after all, I'm in the class because I need to improve my flexibility.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 17=Done! 55#. 20:17. 50 floor presses weren’t as bad as I thought, but it was a little tricky getting into place. Once I got set though, not bad...BURNER, but not bad.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Maybe it was just a substitute instructor and your regular one will be back? Personally, I shy away from yoga classes for religious reasons, but I do some yoga-type workouts that focus on the physical aspects of yoga and not the spiritual. Pilates is a good alternative and any kind of dynamic stretching or isometric classes are also good options. Good luck! Let us know what happens.