Options

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

Nicky did you get your teeth whitened again??:huh:

:laugh: :laugh:

No way - she is anticipating a wonderful evening... Have a great date Nicky!!

Bobbi - dang a 2-pack!! awesome work - I guess the shred is all it's cracked up to be - I'm sticking with it like glue.. I am still looking like a keg, but if I pick up my b00bs, and suck in my gut, I can almost imagine -- no, never mind..

Marla - great timing getting to the B-ball game.. I stuck through our first season.. I think we were 0-12, but we cheered louder than all the other parents combined.

Sara - whatever you can do to shake it up.. good job on the pound down.. you'll get those last 5 off in no time..

Jeannie - you crack me up - "did you get your teeth whitened?" - LOL

Having a couple of glasses of wine - courtesy of my 30-day shred workout.. feeling pretty darn good...

Have a great night all..
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hee. Yeah. I was anticipating a good evening and showing off my lovely teeth while doing so!

It went well! I actually woke up sick with flu but he was very, very sweet when I showed up looking like hell. Hahahaha. I got a second date out of the whole thing so SCORE. Going to the movies tonight. UNDERWORLD FTW!

In other news, I'm going skiing! ARGH LOVE SKIING. This is only my second time but I think I may be a new ski bunny. Minus the gorgeous long whooshing hair. And yes I'm still sick with that stupid stomach flu but there are ways around that!!!

Have a fantastic day ladies!!! (And Andrew ;) )

Sara- You've come SO far. That last five has no chance when faced with you. And thank you, I did have fun in a... weird way since I was sick. HAHA.

Marla - How are you feeling these days?

Bobbi - TWO PACK! OMG! I LAUGHED SO HARD WHEN I READ THAT! I want a two pack!!!!

I'm probably missing people but I'm pretty braindead. So to the other ladies whom I haven't named I LOVE YOU TOO!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    NIcky...."ka-ching!!!" Way to go on the date.

Feeling much better, thanks. Got a couple good nights sleep in a row (Joshua's coughing in my face not withstanding) so I'm feeling a bit better equipped to handle the BS today.

Sorry, I don't have the time to scan all the posts. I'm thinking of you all.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all ... just popping in real quick to say I'm still alive ... reading but no time to post much! :cry:

We went dancing last night & I could tell that I'm still not 100% over this durn bronchitis yet. It takes me forever to get the gunk gone completely and I have a hard time exercising much until it's gone ... although I did make it through two hours of dance lessons. We danced a dance or two after and then I was done in. Oh well, eventually I will be back up to speed. I just get weary of all these setbacks.

I have a lot of work typing to get done today, so I'd better scoot out of here ... just wanted to check in!

Love you guys!! This is an AWESOME team!! Thanks for all the encouragement & FUN!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    Tresa
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

It is a rainy, yucky day here in CT, and I feel like I've been hit by a MACK truck.. I think I need to move somewhere sunnier..

I am resting up for a 1 hour swim tonight and starting the work week tomorrow - CHARGE!!

Hope you are all having a great day.. drinking your water, exercising, and eating sensibly..

janie
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck here in the house. it is cold and yuck. my husband and my son are bickering constantly.
    Calgon take me away!
    Hope ya'lls day is going better.

Lynnie
    Who hopes they realize they missed one of my last days relaxing for awhile and maybe they will miss me when I am gone for 3 weeks. Humpf!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Jannie - Did the wine come with the Shred?! That would be a good marketing ploy. Everytime you complete a level of the exercise, a bottle of wine could be mailed to your house. LOL Good times. Hope you are feeling better! It is gross here today, too. BLAH!

Nicky - Yay for the great date! BOO for the flu! *gag* Have fun skiing & try not to barf on the slops. :sick:

Marla - I got a half night of Micah coughing in my face last night, too. :grumble: So fun when the little ones are sick. I'm hoping they sleep past 4am tomorrow morning. 3 days in a row of before-the-rooster wake up times is cramping my attitude.

Tresa - That bronchitis has GOT to go! Good job dancing at least a little, though. Every step counts!

Lynnie - Sorry the boys are fighting. I am SO not looking forward to those days. When are you going to be gone for 3 weeks?

I had to take my friend to the hospital for some junk today so I'm sure I picked up every disease under the sun while in the ER waiting room. I can feel the bugs all over me. *shudder* I used to work in a hospital & now have serious issues with them.

Held back on the exercise yesterday. Only did the 20 min. TJ workout & then did an hour of VERY competative Wii with the hubby. 200 cals worth, though! I LOVE my HRM! While we were bowling, I was doing jumping jacks & thinking of Sam between frames. :laugh:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG.
    I should not have gone. Haha. I lasted an hour and holy crap... that last trip up the hill I just about fainted. I wasn't even working that hard and my heart rate was at 170bpm for most of it.

Anyway, now i feel a bit like death so am going to have a very long, hot bath.
    GOOD NEWS, I burned 527 calories in an hour. Pretty good deal IMHO.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LOL Enjoy your bath & I hope you feel better! I'm not sure if I should tell you to go eat those 550+ cals or not...you might regret that...:sick:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Nicky – Yea on the date! When a guy is able to deal with the sickies, he’s a good guy. I got mono only about 2 months after Dave and I started dating and he brought me noodle soup and let me just relax on his couch. Glad you had fun with the skiing. I only tried it once back in high school. I made it halfway down the hill falling several times, then took off my skiis and walked the rest of the way down. :noway:

Marla – Glad you’re feeling better. With so many people in your house, if everybody passes it around, I’m surprised any of you are ever healthy! :sick:

Tresa – Glad you had fun dancing. Take care of yourself and don’t overdo it though.

Janie and Lynnie – It’s snowing and cold here in western PA too. :grumble: Yuck! Though I heard we’re supposed to get to the 60’s/70’s next week. That’d be awesome. 70 degrees is so my kind of winter weather!

Dave and I went to Kohl’s today. Since Dave started losing weight in December, he’s lost a little over 30 pounds and needed new pants. He’s down 2 sizes – that’s 4 inches! He was all excited. I got a couple more size small shirts. I even had the nerve to try on a string bikini (that’s my clothes goal for when I reach my goal weight). The top fit. The bottoms were too small but if I keep at it, I really think it could happen by summer! Yea!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay the shred is in the book for today. You won't believe what I found...I have a 2 pack...LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :noway: :noway:

Cool beans! Shred is in bed!!

and a TWO PACK!!! WOO HOO!!!:flowerforyou:
    (i still have a kegger!):laugh:

:grumble: Wiping off the computer screen...doing my water fountain immitation:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Okay the shred is in the book for today. You won't believe what I found...I have a 2 pack...LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :noway: :noway:

Cool beans! Shred is in bed!!

and a TWO PACK!!! WOO HOO!!!:flowerforyou:
    (i still have a kegger!):laugh:

:grumble: Wiping off the computer screen...doing my water fountain immitation:laugh:
    Well Bobbi, so glad I could make you spew your water!!:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So today I had to pick what my psychology paper was going to be. Let me start out by telling you that it is about me and bettering myself. So I chose weight loss. I need to write diwn everything I eat. check. Keep track of my exersicing. Check. and set a goal for myself. Check. I think that I have this in the bag!:bigsmile: Let's hope so at least.

on the bad side of the day my boss emails me and tells me that I HAVE to work 38 to 40 hours a week or I will have to go to part time. She is my ONE stressor in my life! I need to workout again tonight because it helps me relax. By the way I burned 515 calories in 40 minutes.:noway: :bigsmile:

Have a great night!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So today I had to pick what my psychology paper was going to be. Let me start out by telling you that it is about me and bettering myself. So I chose weight loss. I need to write diwn everything I eat. check. Keep track of my exersicing. Check. and set a goal for myself. Check. I think that I have this in the bag!:bigsmile: Let's hope so at least.

on the bad side of the day my boss emails me and tells me that I HAVE to work 38 to 40 hours a week or I will have to go to part time. She is my ONE stressor in my life! I need to workout again tonight because it helps me relax. By the way I burned 515 calories in 40 minutes.:noway: :bigsmile:

Have a great night!!

Man! that is a LOT of calories! I went to the gym Sat and worked by butt off. Jogged, biked, ellip for an hour and got TADA 357~~ WTH???

So glad you have something to use for destressing!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Sam - I didn't know you were taking classes! Good for you! I think you have the paper done already. :laugh: Is this the same boss that has sent you home early before? Seems a bit counterproctive if you ask me. *hugs* Go burn some cals, lady!

Jeannie - I am SO proud of you for hitting the gym! That is one place that I hope to work up the nerve to visit in a couple years or so. I don't do well with people I don't know unless I'm in a group or my kids are with me. For some reason, me being solo doesn't work out that great. :grumble: Childhood insecurities kick in.

Hey, Bobbi! Hope you're having a great day!

Hi, Lori! How awesome of you for being brave enough to try on a string bikini! Woo hoo, mama! Tell Dave that we're all VERY proud of him too! 2 sizes down in jeans is a GREAT thing! WTG, Dave!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Man! that is a LOT of calories! I went to the gym Sat and worked by butt off. Jogged, biked, ellip for an hour and got TADA 357~~ WTH???

So glad you have something to use for destressing!
    Jeannie I am a maniac when it comes to the treadmill. I start a 5 minute warmup and then I go to 10 incline all the way down to 0 but this time I did it at 5mph instead of 4mph. I then did like 6 minutes backwards at 10 incline and 2.2mph. I'm probably not one to ask for a treadmill workout. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Me & treadmills don't get along. I have a scar on my knee from when I was about 7 that tells that story. NOoooooo thank you!

That, however, is an impressive treadmill workout, Sam! WOW!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Tell Dave that we're all VERY proud of him too! 2 sizes down in jeans is a GREAT thing! WTG, Dave!!! :flowerforyou:

Dave says "Thanks". :smile:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Me & treadmills don't get along. I have a scar on my knee from when I was about 7 that tells that story. NOoooooo thank you!

I do much better on the elliptical because I can hold on. :laugh: When I walked on the treadmill, I'd be going along fine. Then all of a sudden I'd lose my balance and almost fall. It's like I was tripping over nothing. :noway:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Sara's not kidding....in fact, this footage is from the Beans Family archive.....see what a klutz our little girl was? (This is Sara and her friend, Lori)

funny-strange-people-1.gif

Stick to Turbo, Sara....alot safer!

:wink: