Naturally Slim Program

Options

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    why does everything need to be so extreme? It isn't natural to eat one pile of food at a time on your plate. Do they realize how weird that is? Can you imagine going out to dinner in a social situation and doing that? Or worse.. talking about it. Shedding pounds is just common sense when you get down to it.. eat healthy foods ..move more..and seek balance where food doesn't dominate life. In short don't overeat.

I get what they're trying to do. One big tip most weight loss experts say is to slow down on eating..don't be in front of a computer.. chew.. take your time. That is good advice. So they build a diet around that and add a time

I know an autistic person who only eats one food at a time and doesn't like them on the same plate.

My husband eats his dinner one food at a time, but for a reason. He always eats all the vegetables first, I guess to get past the thing he least likes in a hurry, then the other things, but each one at a time.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    why does everything need to be so extreme? It isn't natural to eat one pile of food at a time on your plate. Do they realize how weird that is? Can you imagine going out to dinner in a social situation and doing that? Or worse.. talking about it. Shedding pounds is just common sense when you get down to it.. eat healthy foods ..move more..and seek balance where food doesn't dominate life. In short don't overeat.

I get what they're trying to do. One big tip most weight loss experts say is to slow down on eating..don't be in front of a computer.. chew.. take your time. That is good advice. So they build a diet around that and add a time

I know an autistic person who only eats one food at a time and doesn't like them on the same plate.

My husband eats his dinner one food at a time, but for a reason. He always eats all the vegetables first, I guess to get past the thing he least likes in a hurry, then the other things, but each one at a time.

Yes I get that [my 6 year old granddaughter saves the best til last lol] but the person I'm talking about will only eat an individual food, nothing mixed like chilli con carne, pasta bake, casserole etc.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I did this as a child. I still tend to eat my vegetables first, and dislike separate foods running together. I'm fine with casseroles and soups, etc., but if it is served individually I like to keep it that way. My 14yo grosses me out by mixing his mashed potatoes, vegetables, and meat all together on his plate :sick: At least he eats it, though!
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »

They're just making it up as they go along, aren't they?

Yes, I suspect they are, but they are making money hand over fist because companies buy into the program in hopes of reducing the cost of their health insurance premiums.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    OneRatGirl wrote: »
    I love some veg. I've been known to eat a bowl of mashed Swede/turnip (it is mashed with butter though). I also love sweet potato in any form, I crave it sometimes. My mum used to eat a whole bowl of green beans as they were. She also loved cauliflower cheese, light on the cheese sauce. Some of us love veg.

I agree with the concept of meeting emotional needs to stop overeating, but it's flawed in many ways. As said, it ignores several senses. But also, let me just fix my financial security tomorrow.
    And "empathy" feels vague. Giving or receiving? Kind of feels like an option for somebody to pick to feel better about themself, if the former.

I agree with the consensus that most is woo woo. But the forums sound incredibly toxic on top of that.

Mashed swede and carrot [with butter and pepper] is one of my favourite veggies. Couldn't live without veggies :#

Sometimes I will just eat a bag of peas for dinner because they are my favorite and are surprisingly filling for me. My favorite things to do with leftover Christmas or Easter Ham is cut it up into bite sized pieces and mix it in with peas.

I also am addicted to green peppers and eat whole green pepper everyday with my lunch.

So nice to see another person with similar 'tastes'!

Green peas with a dab of butter are one of my favorite SWEET treats - go figure!
    I'm partial to a sweet Red pepper, and wish they were as low cost as the green ones.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Yes, I suspect they are, but they are making money hand over fist because companies buy into the program in hopes of reducing the cost of their health insurance premiums.

Absolutely. I did some digging and the cost is crazy, considering what you get is a box with a 'journal' ( useless to me as it has a lot of crap all over the pages I won't use) and a tape measure, a airport bag of peanuts and 10 pringles--which you're only supposed to eat a couple of for the early make-out-with-your-food introductory exercise on video. And then access (one week at a time, no longer available once you finish the week) to eight weeks of canned videos and their toxic message boards. And they get something in the neighborhood of $200/person for it (the corporate rate for special employee torture) or $450-$600 if you're going it on your own (depending on whether you pay the entire amount up front or want to spread it out.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I would not say a word to his boss.. act grateful.. then...mush your peas into your mashed potatoes and eat away and give off the vibe of a team player. :)
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    Options

Absolutely. I did some digging and the cost is crazy, considering what you get is a box with a 'journal' ( useless to me as it has a lot of crap all over the pages I won't use) and a tape measure, a airport bag of peanuts and 10 pringles--which you're only supposed to eat a couple of for the early make-out-with-your-food introductory exercise on video. And then access (one week at a time, no longer available once you finish the week) to eight weeks of canned videos and their toxic message boards. And they get something in the neighborhood of $200/person for it (the corporate rate for special employee torture) or $450-$600 if you're going it on your own (depending on whether you pay the entire amount up front or want to spread it out.

That would actually be pretty hysterical if it wasn't so freaking sad. :D

PS: What happens if you have a peanut allergy? o:)

You just watch the exercise, or sub something else.

The exercise is about taste satisfaction. You learn there is just as much flavor in 1/4 of a peanut eaten slowly as there is in one.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    Options
    The Pringles and peanuts are part of an exercise in taste satisfaction. You smell one chip, lick it, then eat it slowly. Then you eat a chip as fast as you can. Which tasted better? What flavor did you taste eating slowly vs fast?

Repeat with the peanuts.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    So basically it is a program to teach you how to eat intuitively?

I couldn't do it. I rely very heavily on my logging and counting. Knowing I am in a deficit on days I intend to be in one relaxes me. It also helped me get over my very negative relationship with my bathroom scale.

I am always up to learn something new though so I will be following this thread.

You can't teach someone how to eat intuitively. The whole idea of intuitive eating is that you eat according to your body's wants and needs
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    (Also, I have got to wonder what they would make of my frequent cravings for cabbage, fennel or courgette)

If I were on Death Row, my Last Meal request would be Thai Beef Salad. Nom nom nom.