Replies

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Monday--Feb.11, 2019
    Water: 5 cups
    Calories: 1560--in the green
    Exercise: 8500 steps
    Weight: 163.4 --going in the right direction!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Frenchfancy2:I promised myself I need this to not use the excuse of my dad’s death to put weight in but use it instead as to do something positive and lose weight ❤️[/quote]

Such a profound decision on your part. I empathize with what you're going through. I lost my sister this year--she was ill with muscular dystrophy for 15 years. I miss her terribly, but I've resolved that I will adopt some of her life attitudes and actions to become a better person.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 Thought of you!
    m7yn99df1nnp.png

That is so incredibly true. Thank you for that!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @maryrobinson and @toaljasa love your images - they are great, and I'm stealing them for other places.
    @snowflake1968 Are there any wholesale appliance parts places around? Sometimes they'll sell parts to the public, so faster than amazon and without the repairman charge.

😂👏👏👏😍 help yourself. Love you💕
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 thank you 😊 it’s hard but getting by. Funeral is next week - eulogy not written yet but most other things sorted now. Trying to keep going but funeral will bring it all home. 😢 but i promised myself I need this to not use the excuse of my dad’s death to put weight in but use it instead as to do something positive and lose weight ❤️

Love, hugs, and prayers for you sister.🙏
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @cory17 - that’s what we did, we found the part was given a quote of 109.00 for the part which was $60 more than Amazon but able to get right now. The parts department told me that it was non refundable and if we were self diagnosing we would be out the money, hubby and I discussed it and tried to make a decision that would not cost us a fortune. Our Son in Law went and got the part for us, since our car still isn’t working, hubby installed it and so far so good. It’s started about 6 times now on its own without his intervention.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble - I do the same thing, but eventually I remember.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    GOOD EVENING...
    JFT TUESDAY
    IT rained all day here, but I walked the girls to the bus stop anyway.
    I came back and washed my bed linens. While they washed I read two
    chapters of another book I have started. I got up and did my walking
    in the house while doing arm exercises I folded and put away clothes.
    I ate a fish sandwich for lunch. And did some aerobics for a little while.
    Encouraged a few folks, laid down for a nap, but didn't get one, my mind
    wouldn't quiet down long enough for me to.
    I did some online searches for career options. Didn't get very far with that...
    family distractions Just finished with church conference call. That's it for my day.
    Bed time now... I'll read one more chapter while I wait for my sleeping pill to
    ease my mind.
    Good night my beautiful angels. I love you.💕😍
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB you were right, i had pizza! 🐟🐟 <- hope you get what that means LOL!

@mytime6630 its so lovely you have so much faith in me! Unfortunately i have to disappoint you! Think I need my diet coach back!!! ❤

Sorry -- I've been a really bad diet coach lately! OK ..... get ready for me to watch you more LOL!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 thank you 😊 it’s hard but getting by. Funeral is next week - eulogy not written yet but most other things sorted now. Trying to keep going but funeral will bring it all home. 😢 but i promised myself I need this to not use the excuse of my dad’s death to put weight in but use it instead as to do something positive and lose weight ❤️

I am so very very sorry for your loss. It is the most difficult thing to lose our parents. Be kind to yourself during this time though... you need time to grieve and be close to the ones you love. But also, know that your dad would want you to be healthy and happy. When I lost my brother (after gaining 30 pounds during his illness), that was when I took control and lost the weight ... because I knew my brother wanted me to stay as healthy as I could. Hugs to you ... and I will be thinking of you. <3
  • mytime6630
    Options
    My goals for tomorrow will be simple
    1. go to the gym (but stay away from my friend who was sneezing and coughing at the gym! :/ Did not get to the gym ... I just could not get up this morning. For me, if I have a nite I can't sleep, it is the 2nd day where I feel it. Plus, it was bitterly cold outside with high windchills! So ... took the day off. Also... maybe sick friend will be better at the gym if I give it a day ... either she will stay home, or be better herself so I don't catch what she has!
    2. log all food :) Did so much better .... way over on carbs, but calories I can live with.
    3. concentrate on water :) And ... I'm sipping my water now!
    4. high protein/ low carbs. Try and keep carbs between 20-40 :/ 65 --- but its because of popcorn tonite.
    5. turn over problems to God. Accept what I am unable to control :) Our daughter came out ... I took her to the bookstore. While she is not staying with us... all I can do is be there for her. At least she still comes out here.

JFT, Wed
    1. go to the gym
    2. log ALL food
    3. mindful eating
    4. Jan challenge -- 8+ c water
    5. Feb challenge -- 1 nitetime snack, then brush teeth
    6. eat slowly
    7. plan meals for next day so I am prepared. Its dinner that I struggle with ... so need to plan. Not sure if hubby and I are going out or not.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @cory17 - that’s what we did, we found the part was given a quote of 109.00 for the part which was $60 more than Amazon but able to get right now. The parts department told me that it was non refundable and if we were self diagnosing we would be out the money, hubby and I discussed it and tried to make a decision that would not cost us a fortune. Our Son in Law went and got the part for us, since our car still isn’t working, hubby installed it and so far so good. It’s started about 6 times now on its own without his intervention.

Hugs to you. I keep praying that you can find a job you love soon. <3
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2019
    Options
    "DISCIPLINE"[/i]. Because I know that is what I need ... the discipline to do mindful eating, the discipline to look up calories ahead of time, the discipline to get to the gym regularly, the discipline to drink my water, and the discipline to never give up.[/i][/b]

Weekly Weigh - in

5'11" tall
    67 yrs old
    Goal weight: 170

Year 2017
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 193.5

Year 2018
    January 1: 195.5
    Feb 1 : 190.2
    March 1 : 193.6
    April 1: 197.6
    May 1: 197.2
    June 1: 194.6
    July 1: 189.8
    August 1: 190.7
    Sept 1: 194.7
    October 1: 196.6
    November 5: 200.1
    December 3: 200.0
    Dec 15: 207

Every year from Halloween until New Years I seem to gain weight. It is a combination of seasonal depression/ missing loved ones (having lost 4 of my siblings who I was very close to), and just missing the big family get togethers. Upset with myself, but I feel uncontrollable in this ... this is one of my main goals to learn this new year.

Year 2019
    January 1, 2019: 206

Feb 1, 2019: 201.6

Feb 8: 206.6 --- my own fault.

Non-scale related goals 2019:
    1. learn how to stop/control binge eating
    2. learn how to manage stress/emotional eating
    3. keep up a gratitude journal everyday
    4. consistently learn and be better at planning meals for the week .... make this a regular thing to do
    5. consistently continue with exercising 5x a week. Be more confident in how I look.
    6. make drinking water a daily habit ... not something I have to work at.
    7. Reach my goal weight .... then learn how to maintain it!! -- DO not gain weight at the end of the year!

Weight goals 2019:
    Feb: 200 -- Almost made this goal! (Actual 201.6)
    March: 195
    April: 190 -- 1st Mini Goal in time for our 43rd wedding anniversary!!
    May: 185
    June: 180 -- 2nd mini goal
    July: 175-- 4th of July party at our sons
    August: 170 -- Reach my goal
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Sincere condolences @frenchfancy2014 - so sorry for the loss. Well done for keeping going on here and trying to stay healthy. Can’t be easy but you have a great attitude.

@mytime6630 I’m glad your daughter came out. That must have been a relief. And sounds like you had a good day without the gym. Wish I could do this sometimes. I often feel if I’ve skipped a workout then somehow I’ve ruined the day, so give up. Hence my 2019 word of balance - need to be less all or nothing! So thanks for the inspiration!

@snowflake1968 I’m so glad you have a working furnace again! Was shivering just thinking about it! We have now got unseasonably warm weather on its way in London!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I’m up early again today as it’s my class assembly this morning and I want to get a workout in. Not quite a 2:30am start but still silly o’clock! Typically I’ve been making Wednesday a long run day as my afternoon is out of class planning so a bit more sedentary on the steps but I feel like I need to stay home in case I remember something I need to do and then end up far from home and panicking!

Stayed on track yesterday despite the tiredness and can see the end of work stress in sight - 3 more days until half term (one week off!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Online groceries ✅
    - Final props ✅
    - Early to work, start decorating hall and stick sheets in ✅
    - Water!!!!!!! ✅
    - Run home lunchtime for car ✅ pointless exercise getting it as didn’t make it to hot yoga but apparently ran my fastest ever mile going home to get it, even though the route is uphill so I guess a nice NSV!
    - Hot yoga after work? Only if everything’s prepped ❎ meeting overran
    - Re-read 2019 goals, no stress snacking. Be calm ✅
    - Early night (non-negotiable) ✅ (ish)

Wednesday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Early to work - check everything is ready, set up screen etc
    - Assembly! Remind kids that they will be brilliant and just enjoy. Smile, be calm. Remind parents not to video and to sign the book
    - Water!
    - Afternoon planning time - veg snacks only
    - Contribute to leaver’s gift and sign the book
    - Prep for school writing day tomorrow
    - Home on time to do Reader of the Week activity with youngest
    - Cash for piano teacher
    - Girls’ hair wash
    - Sleep!

Happy hump day everyone! X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Having a rather stressful week and dealt with that by having a rather large binge eat. Not very pleased with myself. But, I can still lose this week if I stay on track for the rest of the week. So all is not lost. And I think next week should be less stressful.

I did a job application at the weekend - here's hoping I get a new job this time!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :'(
    - Be in or very close to the green :'(
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :/

- No eating whilst standing :/
    - Savour every bite :/
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :/
    - Give myself credit! :/

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Stay positive :neutral:
    - Leave work by 7pm latest :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay calm and positive
    - Leave work at 5.15pm
    - DO NOT SKIP FRENCH CLASS
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 2000 in red, gaaah

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 13 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
  • roundbutsound
    roundbutsound Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Didn't quite manage all my steps yesterday but I did the 30 minute exercise dvd and drank the litre of water in addition to my normal drinks. So today, I have stripped all the bedding, I'm going to turn the mattress, move the bed and, of course, do all the associated hoovering and dusting (there will be a lot :/ ) then remaking the bed. Not quite formal exercise but it will be a serious workout. Later I will walk part of the way into town, about 6500 steps, I'm going to a class to learn how to do basic alterations to sewing patterns.
  • roundbutsound
    roundbutsound Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    maryrobinson I don't know how to reply so you will definitely see it, but thank you for your welcome :)
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    JFT - Tuesday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal. ✅
    Eat veg at lunch and tea time. ✅ Broccoli for lunch and peppers and onions at tea
    Drink 2 of my big bottles of water ✅ Had one of those infusion tea bag things in my first bottle, it was like drinking pond water :neutral: I'll just stick to plain water!
    30 minute dog walk (try out my new firbit :smirk: )✅ Only did 15 minutes with the dog as it was raining and he didn't want to stay out but again ended up having to walk the horses round for 30 mins and did just over 16,000 steps yesterday.

JFT - Wednesday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal.
    Eat veg at lunch and tea time.
    Give it my best at my PT session tonight.
    15,000 steps