Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    buxbert wrote: »
    I'm curious - what are some of your morning routines? I need to switch mine up and would like some ideas. I need something that energizes me (yet I've never been able to exercise rigorously in the morning). I'm thinking yoga would help.

Yoga helped me too while I still did it. With mornings being hectic I find it hard to find the right moment. Would love to go back but that would mean to get up realy early..

I already get up at 5:30. And I hate it!

Totally get it 😂
    I get up, get kids and myself set up for the day and get on my 1 hour commute to work. I read and get some time to myself. On my day off i try to go to the gym.
  • iam_nessa
    iam_nessa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’m 42 and want to get healthy habits for life once and for all. I’ve done MFP a few times before. A couple of years ago I was super successful, but then gained it all back when I stopped tracking and moved and had some life stress.
    This time I’m gonna get it right and keep it.

Add me if you want to reach similar goals:
    Drink water water water.
    Lose 30+ pounds, but NOT obsess with a scale.
    Attain healthy BMI.
    Eat vegetables.
    Eat for nutrition, not for emotion.
    Be active and get strong.
    Eat clean and close to nature: eliminate additives and chemicals.
    Conquer food cravings and sugar addictions. End binge eating, especially nighttime grazing, for good! (I’m using intermittent fasting, 12 hours of NO solid food between 8pm and 8am.)

New friends welcome. Add me. My diary is shared and I love feedback and comments! Cheers!

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Welcome new ladies! I wish you all the best of luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • PRChica2015
    PRChica2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same here...40 and have about 15 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sleeping til 10 would be the start of a perfect Saturday for me! Unfortunately between the two dogs and my 7 year old I’m lucky to not be disturbed before 7. Yikes!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options

Sleeping til 10 would be the start of a perfect Saturday for me! Unfortunately between the two dogs and my 7 year old I’m lucky to not be disturbed before 7. Yikes!
    My kids are teens... and I still don’t sleep past 7 thanks to earlier kiddo induced conditioning. 😆
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    wmweeza wrote: »
    I'm 46...and down 82 pounds so far!

AWESOME job!!! Congratulations, keep up the great work!
  • lefteyefreckle
    lefteyefreckle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day. Enjoy
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Im 43....need to lose 20 bs..... boy its tough ! My body is changing ... getting older !! Please add me ! Hardest is not snacking in the evening ....graham crackers are the devil !!!!
    Im 43....need to lose 20 bs..... boy its tough ! My body is changing ... getting older !! Please add me ! Hardest is not snacking in the evening ....graham crackers are the devil !!!!

Wait, graham crackers are actually good for you. I eat them all the time.
  • roxykona2015
    roxykona2015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Looking for motivation and friends who are on their own journey
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just restarting again. Hoping to meet some new and upbeat folks. Feel free to add me too. I am 46 and I need to lose about 50 lbs
  • cspascucci
    cspascucci Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 46, I really need to love 65-70 lbs and it is about time I get serious about it. I have 2 kids (8 and 11) and I want to have fun with them and be around for a long time. The time is now. I will take all the support I can get, it is so hard to do alone.
  • siamsmb
    siamsmb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    👋🏾 hi - I’m 40 and need to lose 35 pounds. I am not sure how to add friends but would love to connect with others.
  • goo927
    goo927 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi , I’m in my 43..about 8 years ago I managed to lose over 100 lbs, unfortunately my weight is creeping up. I would love to connect with others too
  • btb079
    btb079 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m 42 trying to lose about 45 lbs that I’ve lost before. One would think I’d get wiser with age and quit gaining it back. Ran into a bunch of medical issues and it just keeps creeping on, but I’m done, I’d love accountability friends. Feel free to add me.,
  • goo927
    goo927 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Btb079 - I totally agree.. it doesn’t seem to get any easier with age ( especially if one has medical issues! I’m tired of this controlling me