Calories

Options
I have put my calories up to 1570 that fitness pal suggests to lose a pound a week. Been same weight for months more or less but fluctuate up and down. I burn off between 400-500 cals a day so would this amount be ok or should I up the calories on exercise days ?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Normal body weight fluctuates daily. If you’re staying the same weight, for months, you are eating at maintenance (eating the amount of calories your body burns). You need to eat less calories than your body burns to lose weight. Are you weighing and measuring accurately everything you eat and drink? If you are, maybe you should consult with your doctor to rule out any medical reason for not losing weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1300 calories a day and burning off 400 min a day to me that’s not maintenance calories

can you open your diary? what exercise are you doing to burn 400 calories each time?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    ok reading thru your other posts - in your post you mention the doctor indicating you may have an eating disorder and that you work out a ton. Hopefully you are seeing a professional to address the body dismorphia (spelling) and anxiety over weight loss/eating

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10721436/struggling/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43241610#Comment_43241610
  • lisajames925
    lisajames925 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes I am seeing someone for it. I weigh everything , using food scales, spoons and jugs . I do 80 minutes of fast walking a day pushing a heavy double buggy. I do body combat 3 times a week. A swim one night a week for 90 minutes . A body attack and a yoga class
  • lisajames925
    lisajames925 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you anyway
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Been doctors they told me nothing wrong and to increase my calories as I exercise a lot. Yes measure everything

I would take the Doctors advice. Also it seems you are working with a pro for advice with food this is the best you can do.