RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    What's worse; disinterest or anger?
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options

Apathy is poison to the mind and anger can make your judgement blind.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options

Apathy is poison to the mind and anger can make your judgement blind.

Anger we cannot articulate.
    Apathy; we do not deliberate.

Also wishing I had used the word apathy.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    anger is totally acceptable to have, but should be vented and not expressed loosely (in my opinion)

I'm considering this aspect more in terms of whether it is better for a friend to be angry at you, or ambivalent towards you.
  • amorfati601070
    Options
    anger is totally acceptable to have, but should be vented and not expressed loosely (in my opinion)

I'm considering this aspect more in terms of whether it is better for a friend to be angry at you, or ambivalent towards you.

That is hard to say. The ambivalence could just be passive aggressiveness.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options

That is hard to say. The ambivalence could just be passive aggressiveness.

It could, or they could be hurt and unwilling to admit it.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options
    I would find it acceptable for a friend to be angry or ambivalent towards me, but I would like to know the reasoning of it. Feedback is good. If there's absolutely no feedback, I will start to suspect that it's a problem with them.

With apathy being lack of interest or concern... I'd rather someone I care for be angry with me. Anger can be worked through... with apathy, there is nothing to work through.

I agree, I feel that with apathy or ambivalence, the lack of feedback indicates a disinterest in the continuance of a friendship.
    I would rather someone be angry at me, at least it means they care. Apathy means they don't care, at which point I've wasted energy investing in a friendship.
    Although apathy could also be falsified in an effort to preserve dignity.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen the voice thread maintain this much staying power before. Do i need to see what’s going on in there?

Do it Cakey.....do it, do it....and while you're at it post for us, pretty please!!

btw, I know you don't watch TV but the "do it, do it" is from the 12 Monkeys TV show...its the "crazy girl" who sees the future (and maybe the the past, don't remember)...her saying it in the show is so intense, I hear it in my head when I try to passive aggressively "peer pressure people to do what I want them to"!
    :smile: :heart:
    kck8i77gyd2y.gif

And now Hank is getting Vikkasplained 😆
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Context?
    Matters for the answer
  • amorfati601070
    Options
    I like the nuance of the words acedia and ennui. They’re also fun to pronounce.

Voice thread time?
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Context?
    Matters for the answer

A friend, who previously I would speak to everyday. Now it's occasional and... Sterile, I suppose.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options

Voice thread time?

I would but what’s the point? *sigh*

Because we want to hear you say them 😊😊
  • amorfati601070
    Options

Voice thread time?

I would but what’s the point? *sigh*

Because... you’re a lolcat.