• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Is Saving Private Ryan too violent for my 7yr? 🤔

I would say yes
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Too violent? I would say no. I was 7 when it came out and I remember watching it on VHS lol but I watched it later in life and really realize how good of a movie it was. So he probably won't grasp a whole lot.

Definitely. When in doubt, use common sense media, but then also use you’re own common sense as some movies like marvel movies are considered PG13, although I’m sure he watches them.

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/saving-private-ryan

uhhh yep. the first few minutes or so are the most violent/detailed. I'd hold off a couple years.
    Here goes nothing lol

I turned out alright...I think!
    Here goes nothing lol

I turned out alright...I think!

My son was playing cod at that age lol
    callen036 wrote: »
    Way to violent, but I'm sure the video games you let him play are worse

Yeah I figured since we had spent the last hour blowing zombies to pieces on COD... Why not 🤷🏽‍♂️😂..

He kept asking to see a war movie, and I felt as violent as SPR is, it's probably the least psychologically damaging war movie I could think of...

Plus he's been asking a lot of questions about ww2 and the movie is a pretty cool history lesson as well...

I'll save Full Metal Jacket for after he turns 10 😂
    Made it through the first 30m and he's excited for the rest... I think it's a winner as long as he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night screaming 🙈😂
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Must be nice to make 11 billion dollars and not pay taxes at the end of the year 😑

WTF do you even do with that kind of money? Does it just accumulate? Do the Rich just use it for toilet paper whilst they *kitten* on the poor. *kitten* money man... a necessary evil but it’s not my god.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Must be nice to make 11 billion dollars and not pay taxes at the end of the year 😑

WTF do you even do with that kind of money? Does it just accumulate? *kitten* money man... a necessary evil but it’s not my god.

Apparently control the world

When the revolution happens and capitalism kills itself, we’ll see.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    You know what’s delightful? Taking a hot bath with a bath bomb, and while the bath bomb is fizzing place it underneath your back so that the bubbles tickle your back as they rise to the surface. It’s very relaxing.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    You know what’s delightful? Taking a hot bath with a bath bomb, and while the bath bomb is fizzing place it underneath your back so that the bubbles tickle your back as they rise to the surface. It’s very relaxing.

Sounds soo good!
    Truth...I've never used a bath bomb... But
    I have one, so maybe if I have the attention span to have a bath and relax, I will try!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Under your back? I dunno, but that sounds like a waste of good tickle fizz :D
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

Under your back? I dunno, but that sounds like a waste of good tickle fizz :D

This is MFP....Clearly by back I meant kitten.
  • knowmequick
    knowmequick Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh dear sweet Monday, how I have missed your pressure cooker face.

Tomorrow is a holiday for some of us 😬
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh dear sweet Monday, how I have missed your pressure cooker face.

Tomorrow is a holiday for some of us 😬

Who.... And WHYY?
    And why isn't it a holiday for the rest of us?