February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Yay @eleanorhawkins sounds like a lot of fun!

I went out this morning for a short 3k recovery run. Still getting pains in my hips - it band - and a little in my knee - it band- so kept it short and got out the foam roller. That hurts but hopefully a good hurt. Had a kitty helper - he loves to play with my hair lol
    zgvbyfqzhzsd.jpg

My new phone is a fancy dual camera thing - 24 megapixel front camera. Its quite high tech and I'm still figuring it out. It takes beautiful pics but they just look a bit overprocessed to my eye. Built in beautification I think.

What phone is it? You can adjust a lot of that in the settings. And if you are used to older phone pics they will tend to look over processed because new phones are *almost* as good as real cameras. Most people can't tell the difference between my phone and DSLR landscapes. ;)

Its a Huawei Nova 3i - Ive come from a samsung. I am trying to play with the settings but am still figuring out what a lot of them mean. still they are nice pics.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Nice win ma'am and sweet pic montage!

@greyparks206 great run through people traffic!

@debrakgoogins Well done ma'am!

@eleanorhawkins Yay for racing again!

@Butterchop WTG on the distance PR!

Went out for 18 yesterday, phone had issues with Spotify and Strava. Endomondo said 11.8 vs Strava's 11.3. Took a spill at about mile 11, didn't left foot up high enough in a curb cut, hit knee and where my phone was strapped to my arm and obtained a temporary running badge on my knee
    40pyeupr5q8z.jpg
    and shoulder was kinda sore.
    Made it about another 1/3 to 1/2 mile, then pulled up limping. Called wife and had her come get me 🙄. Ibuprofen and an ice bath later and everything felt better and not quite as swollen. Nap time with the wife and then midnight bowling for 3 hours rounded out last night. To bed at 0300 then up at 0900 for today's run to keep the streak going.
    Just over 4 miles this morning at a pace which really surprised me given how the knee looked today. Being empaneled for Grand Jury tomorrow😖 and have TRX class after my run in the morning. Will be up early for about 6ish I hope before class but we'll see how much time I have.

"When it’s pouring rain and you’re bowling along through the wet, there’s satisfaction in knowing you’re out there and the others aren’t."--Peter Snell

Ouch! how frustrating, and what a frustrating week ahead. Oh and love the quote. Now that man was an inspiration (I'm not bias at all)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo - the pictures look like you were having a blast! Dancing the KMs away!
    @Butterchop - YAY!! Congratulations

@workaholic_nurse - whoa that knee looks sore! Take it easy for a couple of days!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart - :lol:
    Your run sounds awesome and the lake is beautiful!
  • Butterchop
    Butterchop Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Butterchop wrote: »
    So I took a different route this week that was a bit longer and decided if I had to walk I would just walk no biggie but I DIDN'T WALK AT ALL AND IT WAS 8 MILES. 8!!!! I CAN OFFICIALLY RUN 8 MILES WITHOUT WALKING!! :)B)
    Congratulations! I'll help you celebrate by having some Ben and Jerry's. Whats your favorite flavor? 😈😇

Well how very nice of you! The chocolate fudge brownie is my favorite.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    So I took a different route this week that was a bit longer and decided if I had to walk I would just walk no biggie but I DIDN'T WALK AT ALL AND IT WAS 8 MILES. 8!!!! I CAN OFFICIALLY RUN 8 MILES WITHOUT WALKING!! :)B)
    Congratulations! I'll help you celebrate by having some Ben and Jerry's. Whats your favorite flavor? 😈😇

Well how very nice of you! The chocolate fudge brownie is my favorite.

Oh that’s a great coincidence! I had the brownie batter core! I did think of you! Maybe tomorrow I’ll get some exercise.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh it was so good to race again :-) Nice and cool and cloudy, very relaxed and friendly atmosphere which is why I love small, local and charity races. It was rather disconcerting as the place announced as the start was actually the finish. So we were all herded about half a kilometre down the seafront at a jog to the start line (extra warm-up there I guess), then the race came back the way we'd come and did two loops of the shopping streets. My husband and daughter ran about half then slowed to a walk for a bit while I continued running. Wasn't aware of pushing it until I realised there was around 500 metres left to the finish line and let rip. However, my official time was 18.44 which gives a pace of something crazy like 2 minutes per kilometre faster than the pace I train at. Legs might be a little sore tomorrow, oops don't tell the physio!
    I failed to come last in my AG, was 12th of 16. My daughter is actually pretty chuffed because although she walked half of it she was still 9th of the19 teenaged girls. Hopefully this will motivate her to actually train a bit for the others (it's a series of 3, 3km today, 5km next month and 7km in April).

Great job!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

YAY!!! PARTY OVER TIME!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    The last couple of miles, I noticed some calf aches that were reminiscent of running the late miles of a marathon. Wasn't worried, because it was in the meat of the calf and probably just needed electrolytes. Chugged my Nuun, and after I finished and got some good stretching in it didn't bother me. Other than that, I didn't notice anything resembling tired legs. :smile:

Interesting. My calf started bothering me on my cool down walk after my 20 miles run today. I was already drinking my propel at this point and calf got better by itself. Wonder if was the same issue as I was deliberately running with insufficient fuel. (Took in a total of 200 calories over 20 miles and no water/sports drink at all)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @kgirlhart - Love the lake! Great job!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Three stars on each foot? Any significance in the pattern?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk
    02/01........11M.......0.0M
    02/02........20M.......0.0M
    02/03........00M.......0.0M
    02/04........13M.......3.8M
    02/05........00M.......3.5M
    02/06........09M.......1.0M
    02/07........00M.......3.5M
    02/08........00M.......0.0M
    02/09........11M.......0.0M
    02/10........00M.......0.0M
    02/11........07M.......3.5M
    02/12........00M.......2.2M
    02/13........00M.......3.4M
    02/14........11M.......3.4M
    02/15........00M.......2.2M
    02/16........10M.......0.0M
    02/17........20M.......0.0M

---MTD: 26.8 miles walking, 112 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.