New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    n7g4vchrqhig.png

I love califa farms almond milk. What is this and how is it different?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2019
    @quiksylver296 Giant started to carry some Tillamook ice cream which are your favorite flavors?

Have you tried The Birthday Cake in particular?
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    @quiksylver296 Giant started to carry some Tillamook ice cream which are your favorite flavors?

Yassss!!!! They have been getting some of the cheese which is fantastic so I am excited to try the ice cream!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Chocolate Peanut Butter is my all-time favorite. They used to have a flavor called Grandma's Cake Batter that was really, really good. I'm not sure Birthday Cake is the same.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    If anyone lives near a Wawa you need to try their salted caramel mocha! I don’t taste any caramel... or salt... but it’s by far the most chocolatey, delicious drink you’ll get! The 16 oz iced version was 330 calories and 100% worth every sip. Just as good as the chocolate whipped cream at Starbucks!
    h7y8ga5u3fad.jpeg
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Congrats to those who can buy a pint of Ben & Jerry’s and not eat the whole thing. I severely lack self control when it comes to ice cream pints.

I can only do it if I scoop the ice cream into another bowl (which I usually would do because I need to weigh it anyway). Straight out of the pint? Definitely eating the whole thing. Definitely have eaten two pints in one night.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Congrats to those who can buy a pint of Ben & Jerry’s and not eat the whole thing. I severely lack self control when it comes to ice cream pints.

This is why I don't buy Ben & Jerry's anymore. I used to live off the Heath Bar Crunch and whatever the cookie dough one was years ago before all the new fancy flavors. :)

And then there was the quart of American Idol (I think it was Breyer's) birthday cake flavor. OMG, the frosting in it!

Halo Top/Enlightened/Vons version/Ralphs version do right by me now and I only eat them a few spoonfuls at a time.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

This is why I don't buy Ben & Jerry's anymore. I used to live off the Heath Bar Crunch and whatever the cookie dough one was years ago before all the new fancy flavors. :)

And then there was the quart of American Idol (I think it was Breyer's) birthday cake flavor. OMG, the frosting in it!

Halo Top/Enlightened/Vons version/Ralphs version do right by me now and I only eat them a few spoonfuls at a time.

Same. For me a serving of ice cream is an entire pint, lol!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2019
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Tried the BK funnel cake fries. So. So. Good. 9 sticks for 220 cals. 🤤🤤🤤ixx2c83ymli1.jpg

I ordered these the other day and OMG were they horrible. They must have done something wrong because they were like rubber, so hard and chewy!!

Interesting how it really seems to be luck of the draw with these and the mcdonalds sticks. I did the same thing someone else did, I didn't realize the sticks were only breakfast and they weren't serving anymore. :/

@missperfectpitch thanks for the review, I was wondering how those "lighter" B&J pints were. The core pints sound good but I've found a lot of ben and jerry's seem to be disappointing for me, so I'd hate to waste the calories. I much prefer other brands because I feel like they taste creamier/richer and just better in general. B&J just has the awesome add ins and names that intrigue me, haha!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    hknielse wrote: »
    Literally coming out of lurking to say: Tillamook ice cream is amazing. It really does taste richer/creamier than other ice creams. My favorite are Marionberry Pie and Monster Cookie. There are a bunch of flavors I want to try but they aren't carried in my area. :(

Welcome down the rabbit hole. Enjoy your journey. :)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    hknielse wrote: »
    Literally coming out of lurking to say: Tillamook ice cream is amazing. It really does taste richer/creamier than other ice creams. My favorite are Marionberry Pie and Monster Cookie. There are a bunch of flavors I want to try but they aren't carried in my area. :(

Oh man, I will have to try it. I love their cheese, didn't realize they came out with ice cream.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member

It is definitely a struggle! I used to binge and eat 1-2 pints of ice cream at a time (before MFP). I now allot my calories on a weekly basis doing calorie cycling so that I've got quite a few calories for snacks on the weekends, and can usually fit in 1/2 - 3/4 of a pint that way. Otherwise, I supplement with things like a giant serving of popcorn and other higher volume or filling snacks along with one small serving of ice cream.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Has this been shared? losing track haha

czppiuewn6bi.png
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Tried the BK funnel cake fries. So. So. Good. 9 sticks for 220 cals. 🤤🤤🤤ixx2c83ymli1.jpg

I ordered these the other day and OMG were they horrible. They must have done something wrong because they were like rubber, so hard and chewy!!

Interesting how it really seems to be luck of the draw with these and the mcdonalds sticks. I did the same thing someone else did, I didn't realize the sticks were only breakfast and they weren't serving anymore. :/

@missperfectpitch thanks for the review, I was wondering how those "lighter" B&J pints were. The core pints sound good but I've found a lot of ben and jerry's seem to be disappointing for me, so I'd hate to waste the calories. I much prefer other brands because I feel like they taste creamier/richer and just better in general. B&J just has the awesome add ins and names that intrigue me, haha!

Yeah, for lighter ice creams, the Ben and Jerry's pints don't seem to be quite as good as some other options. Calorie-wise, they're about the same as a normal Breyer's/Edy's etc. ice cream, but the flavor doesn't seem to be as good as those. I haven't tried Halo Top or Enlightened (I can't do the artificial sweeteners), but in my opinion the Arctic Zero light ice cream pints are better/more flavorful for way fewer calories. For the B&J's regular pints, they are good (and some better than others), but I think they're not as good as other companies like Haagen-Dazs, Talenti, Graeter's, and Jeni's. Speaking of the mix-ins that make some of the B&J's pints great, those were what weren't quite up to par in the lighter B&J pints (at least, for the first three flavors that were released last year - the cookie mix-ins were lacking flavor).