New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    y9va8jrdf1sd.png

Saw these the other day the bars are absolutely disgusting. Rarely do I️ not finish a bar but I️ took one bite and had to throw out. Was nauseous for days thinking of the taste lol. I️ guess I️ don’t like pea protein. Will be interested to see if anyone tries and they have improved,
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    y9va8jrdf1sd.png

i have to say that I'll eat pretty much anything, but these are absolutely disgusting. The texture is awful and gritty, and the taste isn't much better. Save your money and buy Quest bars instead.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    katadx wrote: »
    fried-garlic-chicken-ramen-soup-pkg-v2.jpg
    It's a cold rainy day here, so when i was at the store I picked this up! It has AWESOME flavor,and comes with an oil packet and a seasoning packet. The garlic flavor is perfect. I didn't even add all the seasoning! I added an egg to it and some mixed veggies for more volume.(brought it up to 370 cal for a big bowl) 240 cal for one package, and it also came in 200 calorie cups with everything in it already. I will definitely go back for the other flavors!

What store did you get this!?! Was it with the regular Maruchan Ramen Noodle Soups????

It was in the natural/organic aisle at Woodmans!

I don't live near any Woodmans :( But their store locator is pulling up the same Giant that seems to be the only one I can ever find the seasonal Halo Top pints at, so maybe I can make a trip and see if I can try the ramen and the gingerbread flavor! I'm praying they'll have both!

Didn't find the Gingerbread flavor at Giant the last time I was there.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I usually use davinci syrups every morning in my coffee (WAY better than starbucks or calorie laden coffee drinks). Ordered this sample for only 10 bucks. LOVED the pumpkin spice. Even better than a high calorie starbucks pumpkin spice latte when I make my own with almond milk, truvia and a bunch of this syrup. Really nice pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin cheesecake was really good too. Pumpkin caramel was my favorite actually. I use da vinci caramel pretty much 3x a day lol and this was a lot better.
    It is even sweeter than da vinci syrups which I really liked and not as expensive.
    BBB%20Pumpkin%20Trio.jpg
    I actually like these syrups a lot more than da vinci so I ordered more flavors to try.

I ordered this one GLAZED%20DONUT.jpg
    Also want to try the peanut butter cup and these whipped foam ones sound intriguing. Christmas-Cookie.jpg I WANT ALL THE FLAVORS LOL

https://store.skinnymixes.com/skinny-syrups-c2.aspx

Are you kidding me???!! What store?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I usually use davinci syrups every morning in my coffee (WAY better than starbucks or calorie laden coffee drinks). Ordered this sample for only 10 bucks. LOVED the pumpkin spice. Even better than a high calorie starbucks pumpkin spice latte when I make my own with almond milk, truvia and a bunch of this syrup. Really nice pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin cheesecake was really good too. Pumpkin caramel was my favorite actually. I use da vinci caramel pretty much 3x a day lol and this was a lot better.
    It is even sweeter than da vinci syrups which I really liked and not as expensive.
    BBB%20Pumpkin%20Trio.jpg
    I actually like these syrups a lot more than da vinci so I ordered more flavors to try.

Also want to try the peanut butter cup and these whipped foam ones sound intriguing. Christmas-Cookie.jpg I WANT ALL THE FLAVORS LOL

Never mind I actually looked at your post info! Multitude of different 0 calorie syrups at a great price.....WOW!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    fried-garlic-chicken-ramen-soup-pkg-v2.jpg
    It's a cold rainy day here, so when i was at the store I picked this up! It has AWESOME flavor,and comes with an oil packet and a seasoning packet. The garlic flavor is perfect. I didn't even add all the seasoning! I added an egg to it and some mixed veggies for more volume.(brought it up to 370 cal for a big bowl) 240 cal for one package, and it also came in 200 calorie cups with everything in it already. I will definitely go back for the other flavors!

What store did you get this!?! Was it with the regular Maruchan Ramen Noodle Soups????

It was in the natural/organic aisle at Woodmans!

I don't live near any Woodmans :( But their store locator is pulling up the same Giant that seems to be the only one I can ever find the seasonal Halo Top pints at, so maybe I can make a trip and see if I can try the ramen and the gingerbread flavor! I'm praying they'll have both!

Didn't find the Gingerbread flavor at Giant the last time I was there.

Well that's a shame, because I went to Target and two different Shoprite stores today and didn't see the new Gingerbread Halo Top either... what I did notice, unfortunately, is that both Shoprite stores are carrying significantly less variety for some reason in these pints! What gives? I couldn't find the caramel macchiato, the chocolate covered banana, nor the green tea mochi (which I didn't think I liked at first but I wanted another so I guess I did a little more than I realized) anywhere! BUT! PSA: Shoprite (at least the stores near me) is having a two-day sale on Black Friday for Halo Top... 5 pints for $10!!!!! They're on sale right now for $3 which is also a really good deal, but you can't honestly beat $2! Thank goodness I just bought a chest freezer at Best Buy since it was on sale for an early Black Friday deal LOL! Nothing shall stop me any longer! ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    BBB%20Pumpkin%20Trio.jpg

Never mind I actually looked at your post info! Multitude of different 0 calorie syrups at a great price.....WOW!

I’ve tried a bunch now and so has @Kalex1975 . They are the best sugar free syrups I’ve ever had and I’ve tried many brands and they are also the cheapest which my wallet likes. Only problem is how much extra coffee I’ve been drinking lol
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I’ve tried a bunch now and so has @Kalex1975 . They are the best sugar free syrups I’ve ever had and I’ve tried many brands and they are also the cheapest which my wallet likes. Only problem is how much extra coffee I’ve been drinking lol

Yes, very tasty! Thank you for introducing them to me. I’m up to 3 cups of coffee each morning :D
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Just came home from browsing around an international market. Has anyone tried "yogurt soda?" It looked disgusting - not in a refrigerator, but, in plastic bottles. I like yogurt though-- and this stuff's calorie count was 30 per cup!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Just came home from browsing around an international market. Has anyone tried "yogurt soda?" It looked disgusting - not in a refrigerator, but, in plastic bottles. I like yogurt though-- and this stuff's calorie count was 30 per cup!

Hm, after doing a Google search there's three things I'm thinking of that you might be describing. The first is more of a yogurt drink in smaller bottles that I would imagine is 30 calories and is fantastic, it reminds me of Danimals and each time I go to a Korean BBQ place that concludes the meal with giving everyone a small bottle I get really happy. On the other hand, there's Calpico which I've tried several times but don't care for it. It's not that it was bad, it tastes like a combination of sweet juice and soda to me, and I'm not really a fan of either one because they're too sweet and not worth the calories (I remember the bottles being larger and over 100 calories so perhaps this isn't what you're talking about unless they sell mini versions I'm unaware of). Lastly, there seems to be a brand out there called Abali which I've never heard of, so if it's that I'm of no help. If it was at an international market though and you like soda and you like yogurt I'd put a bet on it being delicious. If I had to guess at what it might taste like I'd imagine it would be like a kefir if you've ever tried that (it's really good and healthy; reminds me of a sparkling, grown-up version of Danimals). Now that I think about it, I'm guessing it is kefir with just a different label thrown on it especially if it's an Asian market (since they love their fermented food products and kefir is essentially a fermented milk drink). Sounds worse than it is, which might be why they call it yogurt soda, that sounds more fun ;)
  • hgycta
    Options
    I picked up the grilled chicken and pork carnitas versions too but this one was even better than the veggie one. Just as filling but the meat was exactly what the other one was missing! Excellent 5/5 frozen entree that I’ll get again but (maybe I’m bias since it was my first time having barbacoa) the beef tasted more like pork bbq to me than it did beef. I’m curious how different this one is from the pork... I guess I’ll find out but if anyone else finds these in their Walmart it’s a must try!
    qeqlxurfm2tn.jpeg
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I picked up the grilled chicken and pork carnitas versions too but this one was even better than the veggie one. Just as filling but the meat was exactly what the other one was missing! Excellent 5/5 frozen entree that I’ll get again but (maybe I’m bias since it was my first time having barbacoa) the beef tasted more like pork bbq to me than it did beef. I’m curious how different this one is from the pork... I guess I’ll find out but if anyone else finds these in their Walmart it’s a must try!
    qeqlxurfm2tn.jpeg

how much were these on average? I love a good burrito bowl.
  • hgycta
    Options
    qeqlxurfm2tn.jpeg

how much were these on average? I love a good burrito bowl.

It was $3.97 for each, not too bad at all, especially since a steak cantina power bowl at Taco Bell is $5.19 and about just as filling!

Also, picked these up in Shoprite today and don’t recommend. I’m not sure how new they are but I’ve never seen them before. The regular Deluxe Kisses were a lot better in my opinion, nothing really tasted that much like cheesecake and it was just mediocre low quality milk chocolate you’d expect from Hershey. But then again, I’m not THAT much of a cheesecake person and maybe someone who loves it will like these more. I didn’t get any of that tartness though, it just tasted like a crunchy white chocolate filling to me.
    52x2vysknsxw.jpeg
    76ad2vxnkwnz.jpeg
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    BBB%20Pumpkin%20Trio.jpg

I found the Jordan's Skinny Syrups at Burlington (Coat Factory) for $4 a bottle, but I was looking for s'mores and they didn't have it so I didn't purchase any. They had about 7 flavors at the one I went to.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Hm, after doing a Google search there's three things I'm thinking of that you might be describing. The first is more of a yogurt drink in smaller bottles that I would imagine is 30 calories and is fantastic, it reminds me of Danimals and each time I go to a Korean BBQ place that concludes the meal with giving everyone a small bottle I get really happy. On the other hand, there's Calpico which I've tried several times but don't care for it. It's not that it was bad, it tastes like a combination of sweet juice and soda to me, and I'm not really a fan of either one because they're too sweet and not worth the calories (I remember the bottles being larger and over 100 calories so perhaps this isn't what you're talking about unless they sell mini versions I'm unaware of). Lastly, there seems to be a brand out there called Abali which I've never heard of, so if it's that I'm of no help. If it was at an international market though and you like soda and you like yogurt I'd put a bet on it being delicious. If I had to guess at what it might taste like I'd imagine it would be like a kefir if you've ever tried that (it's really good and healthy; reminds me of a sparkling, grown-up version of Danimals). Now that I think about it, I'm guessing it is kefir with just a different label thrown on it especially if it's an Asian market (since they love their fermented food products and kefir is essentially a fermented milk drink). Sounds worse than it is, which might be why they call it yogurt soda, that sounds more fun ;)

Apparently it is Middle Eastern. I might give it a try. And I'll bet it does taste like kefir- which I haven't had a lot of. Thanks for the feed back.-- I am curious about it. The Abali or similar is what I think it was-- milk, carbonated water, and salt. I don't like anything sweet- so I might like it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Munk cookies oatmeal raisin: Pretty good! Soft and peanut buttery. Almost like a peanut butte trail mix cookie, not really oatmeal raisin because there was a strong pb flavor. They definitely misnamed this flavor lol. Absolutely nothing like oatmeal raisin cookie.

I really liked it though because it kind of reminded me of cliff sierra trail mix bar flavor. The cookie base was very dense. Exactly like the peanut butter cookies I've made before with 3 ingredients (1c pb, 1c sugar, 1 egg). It tasted exactly like that but with some add ins. VERY filling. I heated up in the microwave but next time I will try it cold. Looking forward to trying the chocolate one next. Not sure if they would be good cold. Totally different texture from lenny and larry. More like homemade pb cookies I mentioned before and not like "cookie" if that makes sense.

oatmeal-raisin-spice-munk-pack-269x300.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    BBB%20Pumpkin%20Trio.jpg

I found the Jordan's Skinny Syrups at Burlington (Coat Factory) for $4 a bottle, but I was looking for s'mores and they didn't have it so I didn't purchase any. They had about 7 flavors at the one I went to.

Do you guys put them in anything besides coffee?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    BBB%20Pumpkin%20Trio.jpg

Do you guys put them in anything besides coffee?

I have not yet, but I imagine they would be incredible in those giant protein powder cakes or oatmeal.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Based on the review posted in here, I tried the Caulipower pizza crust last night.

I just bought the plain crust and used my own toppings.

I was very impressed with it.

I did remember to take the cardboard out :) and the bottom came out crispy and the crust doesn't taste like cauliflower at all. For a gluten free crust, it's also pretty decent. I have to eat gluten free because I have celiac disease. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that there are 2 crusts in the box.

I should have realized that reading the servings per package, but I'm in a haze of morning brain fog when I'm in the grocery store, I'm afraid

If you can’t eat gluten I STRONGLY suggest this pancake mix. You probably already heard of it, I’ve seen people post about it here already but I’m not sure if they specifically talked about the paleo version or not. It’s the first one I’ve tried and the cassava flour makes it incredible! Super delicious stuff, if you there’s a chance you haven’t tried it you need to keep an eye out! I wonder if anyone has used it for any other baking purposes other than pancakes or waffles? I could imagine it making really good donuts!
    wjjfrzxcyvca.jpeg