• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Wed- manual treadmill- 30min .90mi 97ahr

Thursday-Treadmill- 40min 2.3sp 1.0incl 20min 1.5incl 15min 86ahr 1.5mi

Fri- recumbent 50min 2-5 resist 7.19mi

Sat 45min 106ahr 77w 78r 10mi

See, I have been taking it slow. I didn’t ride the bike all week. The first time I all the years since I’ve been riding (over 15 years). Monday I plan to start riding again

Riding a recumbent bike at the gym is murder on my *kitten*! I don’t know how people do it, that hurts!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Lanette ... With the 19:5 program I'm following, it is not recommended that you drink anything but black coffee or water or unsweetened teas. It's called a "clean" fast. However, they also concede that some individuals can use cream or bulletproof coffee and lose weight. It just depends on the individual. I do not add anything to my coffee ... only drink about 12 oz per day anyways and my beverage of choice is then water or unsweetened iced tea (even when my window opens) having stopped carbonated and sugared drinks years ago.

Kelly ... I make both chicken and beef bone broth. I'm not really into sipping it like some do, but I love using my own stock in cooking, especially soups. Look in my freezer and you'll find strange bags of scraps that will be used later in stock making. But I have never made vegetable broth. Hmm.

Spent the day getting started on Spring cleaning. Started in our bedroom as both my husband and I have been stuffed up in the morning and I have to confess that the dust was getting bad. The walls and ceiling have some kind of DIY texture treatment that the previous owners applied ... it's awful ... but here we are 25 years later still living with it.

Now I'm binge watching "Say Yes to the Dress."

Beth near Buffalo where they're calling for a major windstorm tomorrow.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pppp
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    B)
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Karla, I really like the fact that your comments are helpful almost invariably. I have a number of herbal teas stockpiled around the joint that I haven't pondered recently. Time to haul them out and take inventory.

You also seem to love words, meanings and nuances! I suspect we have a number of English majors, literature majors, teachers of all sorts and folks who do crossword puzzles or play Scrabble for fun. Are you one of those, or a very precise thinker?

Oh, Lisa in AR! It sounds like your pist-surgery protocol is very similar to mine. I have a Rx for Omeprazole that protects my pouch while I heal. I can't do citrus juices or lemonade but lemon herb seasoning is very useful to pep up my veggies or chicken thighs. The flavorings for water don't seem to bother my plumbing at all. The soups are lower sodium bone broth (yum!) With a tiny sprinkle of 5 spice powder I'm in my favorite pho joint. Pho was my first out-to-eat food. No noodles, no meats, vegan broth with sprouts galore! I ate (drank!) about a third of a small. Still well within calories for a snack. I take several calcium chews a day, so I'm good there. I'm getting 70g protein a day. If I'm a bit low I add unflavored powder to a drink. My peeps at the Bariatric center are terrifically responsive. I can count on one if our dieticians chiming in on chat. But you've told me things I never knew about water that explain a lot.

One thing I loved about the 10 days I spent in Leslie in late June/early July in 2017, I got my fill of thunderstorm appreciation! They were great.

Thank you tremendously for your help! 💫

Michelle, you enjoy that pool for all of us.

Machka, that picture is adorable. What are Pennyfarthing Chsmpionships? I live the sound of it.

KJ(Kelly), I hope the days go fast until your time off!

Barbiecat! that walking poodle is darling!

Pip! You must have heard of Peopke's Memorisl Society. They are going to handle mine. I found a cemetery in Langley on Whidbey Island that does Green Burials. They open the spit, your loved ones wrap you in a shroud or a beloved spread orbthrow, lower you in, and the folks cover you back up. No casket, no vault, no embalming. I love the idea!

Well, folks, now you've had posts from me about Death and Taxes. Guess it's time to sign off!

Sharon Near Seattle
  • pipcd34
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Karla, I really like the fact that your comments are helpful almost invariably. I have a number of herbal teas stockpiled around the joint that I haven't pondered recently. Time to haul them out and take inventory.

You also seem to love words, meanings and nuances! I suspect we have a number of English majors, literature majors, teachers of all sorts and folks who do crossword puzzles or play Scrabble for fun. Are you one of those, or a very precise thinker?

Oh, Lisa in AR! It sounds like your pist-surgery protocol is very similar to mine. I have a Rx for Omeprazole that protects my pouch while I heal. I can't do citrus juices or lemonade but lemon herb seasoning is very useful to pep up my veggies or chicken thighs. The flavorings for water don't seem to bother my plumbing at all. The soups are lower sodium bone broth (yum!) With a tiny sprinkle of 5 spice powder I'm in my favorite pho joint. Pho was my first out-to-eat food. No noodles, no meats, vegan broth with sprouts galore! I ate (drank!) about a third of a small. Still well within calories for a snack. I take several calcium chews a day, so I'm good there. I'm getting 70g protein a day. If I'm a bit low I add unflavored powder to a drink. My peeps at the Bariatric center are terrifically responsive. I can count on one if our dieticians chiming in on chat. But you've told me things I never knew about water that explain a lot.

One thing I loved about the 10 days I spent in Leslie in late June/early July in 2017, I got my fill of thunderstorm appreciation! They were great.

Thank you tremendously for your help! 💫

Michelle, you enjoy that pool for all of us.

Machka, that picture is adorable. What are Pennyfarthing Chsmpionships? I live the sound of it.

KJ(Kelly), I hope the days go fast until your time off!

Barbiecat! that walking poodle is darling!

Pip! You must have heard of Peopke's Memorisl Society. They are going to handle mine. I found a cemetery in Langley on Whidbey Island that does Green Burials. They open the spit, your loved ones wrap you in a shroud or a beloved spread orbthrow, lower you in, and the folks cover you back up. No casket, no vault, no embalming. I love the idea!

Well, folks, now you've had posts from me about Death and Taxes. Guess it's time to sign off!

Sharon Near Seattle

Actually I haven't heard of them. I am an organ donor, then I'll b burned and my ashes will b spread in a place of my choosing
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did 10MS Tone Trouble Zones DVD. Found out that it’s really not a good idea to do a band DVD at the clubhouse. It’s just too slippery and the band gets too wet. It’s a good place to do something aerobic, you just have to be careful. Also, I don’t like getting on the ground there, it’s just too dirty. The plan for tomorrow is to do Body By Bethany DVD (yoga). I can do this in the condo.

Rita – almost every day I’m over on carbs. I know a lot of that is because I eat fruits

Newcomers: got an email from Greg asking if two people were members. I didn’t recognize their names. Anyway, he was saying how he has to “activate” them. I just hope he doesn’t “activate” them giving them access to the website until we have their membership money. He’s so much into this. I haven’t gotten any applications from them. I told him that I guess it is possible that someone has it and just hasn’t given them to us yet. However, Adra is very good about scanning the applications in and I know Dianne would. I haven’t gotten any applications while I’ve been down here. Well, I’ll check in a few days to see if they are on the “new directory”

Went to church the back for dinner after being in the pool and laying in the sun. Actually, the pool isn't real refreshing. They seem to always keep the temp at 86. And with the sun down here beating down. But I'm sure the reason they keep it so warm is for people who have arthritis. Now just watching TV

Pip – the recumbent bikes at gyms usually have hard seats. That’s why I insisted to Vince when he bought one that it absolutely must have a soft seat and back

Lenora dear – you sure have had your share of bad luck! You know, it sounds to me like you may be overmedicated. But I know what a catch 22 it can be. You may very well have more seizures without them, but they are (possibly) causing you to fall. You’d most likely fall when you had a seizure but you’ll fall without having a seizure. ((((HUGS HUGS HUGS))). Louis sure is an angel, you are so lucky to have him

Sharon – you’re plans (PMS) sound really neat. That even saves the cost of cremation.

Michele
    Whose legs are no longer ghost white
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »

Sharon Near Seattle

This is actually two races ... the end of the "Over 50" one and then onto the "Over 60" one.

I'll see if this will work ... it's a link to a short video that I shot (and then edited).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/47142621292/in/album-72157701105222642/

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Sunday -- gorgeous day. Bright sunshine, blue sky, not too much wind. I was still feeling a little bit blech from my flu over the past week, but wanted to get a ride in.

Distance: 20.53km
    Elevation: 76m
    Moving Time: 1:15:15
    Elapsed Time: 1:21:18
    Speed: Avg: 16.4km/h | Max 28.1km/h

The last couple days have been about 26C and brilliantly sunny. My arms are as brown as can be now. :)

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3 Busy day. Lots of details. I will check in later tonight or tomorrow morning with you all! KJ <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Lenora good to hear from you.

We added to our snow fall the past couple of days. I stayed in and just relaxed.

Prayers for those in Tennessee with all the floods.

DS new home will need a new furnace and AC. It still works which gives us time to find the right new furnace/AC and the right technician to put it in. I have been doing some research and who puts it in is just as important as what type of furnace you buy. Any of you out there bought a new furnace in the past five years and would you recommend the brand especially any of you who live in colder climates.

I also learned that if you have a CO detector it only lasts about 7 years and not to place it by the furnace. If you have forced air there should be one at every level of your home. Son's new home has all new detectors.

:heart: Margaret

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ My son put in a Carrier system last year. He said he was told that this was the best.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    So far behind, will skim and catch up later. ;}

Tree crew was here "bright and early" Wednesday to burn the detritus. Fascinating to watch them burn branches in the rain. Missed T'ai Chi to stay on site while Joe went to eye Dr. appt. Pressure up, Dr. trying new drops, has mentioned "laser procedure" for the first time. I've stopped using the word surgery and whenever Joe mentions the procedure I say, "better than losing your sight!" Then got a call from appraiser, she'll be in town from her home base 3 hrs away, could she come today? Of course house is a mess, but better now than to get on a waiting list for next opening. Bank paperwork messed up, coming in as if for a home equity line of credit (which they do not do for manufactured homes) and showing us paying closing costs (not what the banker sold us.) email flurry, local banker thinks underwriter picked wrong form, she's working on it. [sigh] Since we've already put the 1/3 roof deposit on our Discover card I sure hope they get this straightened out soon. We won't be able to afford the roof without it.

Joe and I are both looking forward to a couple of days with no one coming to the house... then I ran into the neighbor who does water systems and asked him to stop by at his convenience to look at our pump house and give us an estimate on what we need to do. Sure hope he doesn't show up til Sunday, we need some alone time to rejuvenate.

Too rainy to go to dog group. Fire district board meeting adjourned in less than 45 minutes, a record!

Squandered our sunny Thursday morning on board minutes, why do I do that when I know rainy days are coming? Guess it's better than procrastinating on the minutes...

Friday coffee with the gals after T'ai Chi and the atmospheric river started washing in.

Saturday popcorn, movies, fire in the woodstove, no dog group or exercise but sweet time with Joe.

And now it's Sunday Morning and time to start fresh. Since my wii broke, haven't been weighing myself. Nor have I been active or staying within CICO. Deep breath, Barbara and get up off your butt!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 17/28, 60 g protein 23/28, rx/vits 22/28, meditate 19/28, knee exercises 19/28, SWSY 4.5/8, play with Tumble 11/28, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 16/28.Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    02/20 LT:SWSY half-Y , MT: CFRFPD meeting prep, 4H and CFRFPD meetings-Y , ST: call Ray-Y
    02/21 LT:SWSY half-N, MT: CFRFPD history away, email Allied Construction specs-Y, ST: file loan app paperwork away-Y
    02/22 LT:SWSY half-N, MT: CFRFPD minutes-Y, ST: Call Roto-Rooter and Community Forester-Y
    02/23 LT:SWSY-N, MT: label and start seeds-N, ST: woodland mgt notebook-N