Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• zaraizzy
    zaraizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This past weekend has been a little rough. I have some physical ailments which flare up at times and can make it difficult to move about . I try to make sure I get up every day and walk a little bit, so that my joints don't stiffen up preventing me from moving at all. The flare ups are very painful making exercise impossible at times. I know I can lose weight without exercising because I've done it before. We all have good and bad days. On a positive note! I have more good days than bad, and for that I am truly grateful!! Thank you for listening to me.
  • zaraizzy
    zaraizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Name: Karla
    Height:. 6'0
    Heaviest weight: 400
    Re-start weight: 297
    Goal weight: 180 (see how I feel at that weight and go from there)
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Frick-a-frack! I had a whole post ready to go and lost it! Ah well, it was a rant about the meds I'm taking, not worth repeating. @zaraizzy, you have the right attitude; keep moving forward, never look back. Do something every day. Even if it's small.
    BTW, just wanted to mention to those who have limited mobility or are just starting out, YouTube has lots of beginner chair routines that will help you build up to more active workouts.
    Tracy
    TX
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @moodybear2003 -- good to see you back!

@karla-- yes, just do what you can and focus on your nutrition. :)

AFM--I've had a pretty good week, though today we had a soup and salad pot luck at work and I probably overdid it a bit. Nothing super unhealthy, but too many calories overall. no worries--back at it tomorrow. :) Saturday's weigh-in was flirting with Onederland again, but settled on 200 even. Good to see a glimpse of the one-hundred-somethings. Still no real exercise this week--so busy with grading. Can't wait for spring break.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 203 (1/19/19)

1/19/19 = 203
    1/26/19 = 201
    2/1/19 = 203
    2/9/19 = 203
    2/17/19 = 201
    2/23/19 = 200
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Name: Diane
    Highest Weight: 264
    Start Weight (Jan 1 2019): 253.3

Jan 7 -251.3
    Feb 6 - 251.2
    Feb 22 - 249.2
    Feb 28 - 250.2

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All ... after a year of hardy any logging and falling of the wagon badly (gained back like 40lbs !!!) trying to get back to MFP and logging .... glad to see some of the same names in this group and that they remain committed to their health :smile:

Today is day 7 of logging and quite happy about it ... one day at the time, right?

Still have like 60lbs to lose ... so wish me luck!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    Suffering a nasty wet cough that's gotten progressively worse since Saturday morning. Was going to have my Dr look at me today but now my sister (caregiver and driver extraordinaire) is sick with a cough and intestinal issues and looks like death warmed over. She's not going anywhere! Waiting for a callback from the Dr office. If they say I need to go in I might have to get a ride in from someone then get a ride home from my son. Truthfully I'm more concerned about my sister than I am about myself!
    Tracy
    TX
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 hope you and sister are feeling better!
  • Sarah7518
    Sarah7518 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good morning.. came across this thread. Looking to lose 100 lbs.
    HW 285
    SW 271
    CW 266

Started my weight loss journey Feb 28.
    And wow it’s embarrassing putting those numbers there, but maybe that will give me some more motivation.
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    @Sarah7518 don’t feel embarrassed... if there is a group that understand where you are starting is this one .... what is important is that you have decided to take care of yourself and you are already loosing those extra lbs :smile: And I know from experience sharing those numbers with the group makes you acknowledge your situation and take accountability ... so be proud of yourself, it’s not easy! Best of luck with your weight loss journey!
  • sweeetypie1
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Name: Diane
    Highest Weight: 264
    Start Weight (Jan 1 2019): 253.3

Jan 7 -251.3
    Feb 6 - 251.2
    Feb 22 - 249.2
    Feb 28 - 250.2
    Match 8 - 251.4

Going the wrong way! One month and no weight loss. Goal is to put some exercise into my week. I hate exercising but I think it's the only thing that is going to work.
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    @sweeetypie1 good that you are tracking your weight ... I think the key to success here is if there a step back to review what we have done and take action right away ... last year I was very lax with it and then when I realized what was happening I had gained half what I lost the previous year ... so not to be totally obsessed by it, but have that awareness to motivate you to keep going .... you can do it!
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    Well, the nasty wet cough morphed into bronchitis. I'm on lockdown until it's better.
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 feel better soon :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @happygirlxxx -- good to see you back!

@Sarah7518 -- Welcome to the thread! Happygirl is right, no need to feel embarrassed; we all started with big numbers. One of the reasons Robin (Ellen) originally started this thread was so those of us with more than 10 or 20 lbs to lose would have a community of support. The next time you are at the grocery store, pick up two 10-pound bags of potatoes and marvel that you've already shed that amount!!

@diane-- plateaus really suck, but you have the right idea. A little exercise will probably help shake things up and get the scale moving in the right direction.

@sweeetypie1 -- I agree with happygirl; just keep tracking and be reflective of what is working. I try to weigh myself everyday in addition to tracking; it helps keep me aware of the daily fluctuations, and if I'm not doing well tracking, the scale "warns" me before it gets out of hand.

@tracy-- sorry you are sick. Hope you and your sister are on the mend soon.

AFM-- I've stayed pretty steady at 200 for the past few weeks. A few fluctuations up to 201, but more stable than usual. My lovely surprise after a week of higher than usual caloric intake (nothing crazy, but definitely averaging a couple hundred above my usual) was seeing a 199 on the scale this morning. It's the first time this year I've seen a weight that starts with a 1, so that was nice. Hoping to keep it moving in that direction.

Friends and I were signed up for a Shamrock Beer Run on Saturday, but the weather was miserable. Very cold and rainy. after one loop of the course, we were soaked from our thighs down to our toes. We decided to call it quits and head inside for the post-race party. I've never quit a race due to weather, but it was not worth the risk of getting sick. On the plus side, we tested out the new raincoats we got for the trip to Iceland, and they performed beautifully! Warm and dry from the hips up--even with some gusty winds.

I've also kept up with my squat and plank challenges. On day 9 today. My one minute plank was super shaky, but I held it until the timer went off.

Name: Karen
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 203 (1/19/19)

1/19/19 = 203
    1/26/19 = 201
    2/1/19 = 203
    2/9/19 = 203
    2/17/19 = 201
    2/23/19 = 200
    3/2/19 = 200
    3/9/19 = 200
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound Iceland how fun!!! Never been but have a couple friends that went and the pictures were amazing!

Well done with your plank and squat challenge ... I am just starting to exercise a bit ... the last couple days the weather has been nice in Chicago so took the opportunity to walk back home from work ... it’s about 40 minutes so at least is something :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound Iceland how fun!!! Never been but have a couple friends that went and the pictures were amazing!

Well done with your plank and squat challenge ... I am just starting to exercise a bit ... the last couple days the weather has been nice in Chicago so took the opportunity to walk back home from work ... it’s about 40 minutes so at least is something :smile:

Are you in Chicago?? I grew up on the NW side--Edison Park and lived in Rogers Park while I did my undergrad work at Loyola. Now my husband and I live in the northern suburbs. Yes, I've been able to get back out for some walks with my dog the past couple of days.
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    Are you in Chicago?? I grew up on the NW side--Edison Park and lived in Rogers Park while I did my undergrad work at Loyola. Now my husband and I live in the northern suburbs. Yes, I've been able to get back out for some walks with my dog the past couple of days.

Yes, I moved back after like 8 years .... now I am downtown since it’s closer to work but before was in the suburbs.

Aren’t you glad the winter is almost over? Finally able to be out! Really looking forward to some warm weather!
  • sweeetypie1
    Options
    Hi everyone. What are your calorie goals? My day starts at 1200 - I often go over a little - if I exercise I can keep it close. Just curious as to your calorie goals.
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    @sweeetypie1 I try to stay around 1200 - 1300 .. not always successful though :wink: also the 1st time I was at MFP I would hardly eat back my exercise calories and that work quite well for me ... I consistently lost weight. I know if I go over that for sure I will gain.