Less Alcohol - February 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9 - AF
    February 10 - 3 drinks
    February 11 - AF
    February 12 - AF
    February 13 - 3 drinks
    February 14 - AF
    February 15 - AF -
    Mulled wine at my house tomorrow, in between the snowmobile events, bands and fireworks. (We will be out standing in the snow, the streets are closed for the event). The mulled wine will simmer all day. Really looking forward to some wintery fun and the smell that my house will take on from the cinnamon and cloves, oranges, port and wine. I like that I have known about it for weeks and am happy to have racked up AF days this month. If I don't feel well Sunday morning I will just stay in bed.
    February 16 - Mulled wine over the course of 8 hours. Kept it topped up every time we came back to my house out of the snow in between events. I actually am not sure how much I had. It was delicious. I don't mind having mulled wine once a year. There is a bunch left over though...
    February 17 - 1/2 of a Caesar out at dinner, then 3 drinks later. Plus I ate a bunch of the strained oranges out of the leftover mulled wine lol. 2 glasses of that left, planning to drink them on Wednesday, put it in the fridge. It has been a really fun BC family day weekend. I do feel good to be moderating. I still feel like having drinks every day, but just don't anymore.
    February 18 - AF
    February 19 - AF
    February 20 - AF
    February 21 - AF
    February 22 - planned night out - Over the 8 hours: 1 glass of the leftover mulled wine (there is still more) then 2 glasses of wine and 2 drinks. Up almost 2 pounds the next morning, all the more reason for lots of AF days.
    February 23 - AF
    February 24 - 3 drinks
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 15 AF days out of 24 days - need at least 1 more AF days to hit my goal for the month. Having a goal helps so much with accountability.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    My first time being out with my brother for food and not ordering alcohol....

Complete ! 😎 another wee milestone for me. Dining out without alcohol. Didn't think it was possible only a couple months back.

Way to go @FeelinFooFoo. YES it really is possible. Big congrats to you. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9 - AF
    February 10 - 3 drinks
    February 11 - AF
    February 12 - AF
    February 13 - 3 drinks
    February 14 - AF
    February 15 - AF -
    Mulled wine at my house tomorrow, in between the snowmobile events, bands and fireworks. (We will be out standing in the snow, the streets are closed for the event). The mulled wine will simmer all day. Really looking forward to some wintery fun and the smell that my house will take on from the cinnamon and cloves, oranges, port and wine. I like that I have known about it for weeks and am happy to have racked up AF days this month. If I don't feel well Sunday morning I will just stay in bed.
    February 16 - Mulled wine over the course of 8 hours. Kept it topped up every time we came back to my house out of the snow in between events. I actually am not sure how much I had. It was delicious. I don't mind having mulled wine once a year. There is a bunch left over though...
    February 17 - 1/2 of a Caesar out at dinner, then 3 drinks later. Plus I ate a bunch of the strained oranges out of the leftover mulled wine lol. 2 glasses of that left, planning to drink them on Wednesday, put it in the fridge. It has been a really fun BC family day weekend. I do feel good to be moderating. I still feel like having drinks every day, but just don't anymore.
    February 18 - AF
    February 19 - AF
    February 20 - AF
    February 21 - AF
    February 22 - planned night out - Over the 8 hours: 1 glass of the leftover mulled wine (there is still more) then 2 glasses of wine and 2 drinks. Up almost 2 pounds the next morning, all the more reason for lots of AF days.
    February 23 - AF
    February 24 - 3 drinks
    February 25 - AF
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 16 AF days out of 25 days - hit my goal for the month. Having a goal helps so much with accountability.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    February accountability ~25 days so far
    No Alcohol: 14 days
    Alcohol: 11 days (21 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    Including the last few days of January to monitor my weekly goal which I surpassed!
    Jan 28 - AF
    Jan 29 - AF ! Yeah me! Dining Out group.
    Jan 30 - AF Office celebration mexican restaurant without margaritas
    Jan 31 - Planned 2 but kept to 1 glass wine! Celebrating retirement from company after 30 years
    Feb 1 - AF
    Feb 2 - AF Brunch without mimosas
    Feb 3 - AF

Hit my target of 4 AF days per week again! This is getting easier. It is all about balancing my life choices.
    Feb 4 - AF
    Feb 5 - AF - I wanted a bottle of wine but we didn’t buy it.
    Feb 6 - AF - DH wanted a bottle of wine but we passed.
    Feb 7 - Bunco: 2 glasses wine (planned for 1 but poured myself a 2nd out of habit)
    Feb 8 - 2 glasses wine
    Feb 9 - AF
    Feb 10 - AF

Not a good week. Only 2 AF days when the target it 4 for the week. But I’m still good for achieving the monthly goal. And the previous 2 weeks I was 5-6 AF days each week. The camp is definitely a challenge!
    Feb 11 - AF
    Feb 12 - AF
    Feb 13 - 3 glasses wine. DD moving day. DD’s thank you for us caring for their dog for 3 days while they packed and then helping with the move all day … was wine, pizza & Randazzo’s king cake. DH & my first date Feb 13 seems like a zillion years ago.
    Note: Challenging weekend ahead (next 4 nights). Usually I have 3-5 drinks per night at the fishing camp. Plus my sister will be there and she brought bottles of wine. Plan 1 drink per evening.
    Feb 14 - 2 beers sunset at the fishing camp this weekend
    Feb 15 - 1 glass of wine with Mom's 82nd birthday dinner
    Feb 16 - 1 beer
    Feb 17 - 2 beer

Missing my goal for this week again. That does not mean that I cannot get closer. Another chance tonight for no wine! Will power since we have company for dinner.
    Feb 18 - 3 glasses of wine. Bookclub: Turned out the hostess had a company come in and do a surprise wine tasting session.
    Feb 19 - AF
    Feb 20 - AF Bookclub & annual physical
    Feb 21 - 2 glasses of wine - Alumnae Meeting called For the Love of Wine & Girl Scout Cookies … this pairing tasting could be a real challenge!
    Feb 22 - 2 glasses of wine - dinner & movie celebrate daughter’s bday
    Feb 23 - 1 glass of wine
    Feb 24 - AF
    Starting this week I need 3 days to reach my 16 AF days for this month! I can do it!
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 -
    Feb 27 -
    Feb 28 - @ fishing camp for long weekend
  • Lilylady3k
    edited February 2019
    Good morning, question, do we continue on this thread for March, or do you create a new discussion group?

There is a new separate thread each month. I started here around the last few days of December and stuck with it through the Jan and Feb thread. I'll be back too for March!

You are doing a great job in being accountable. I love your comment about being clear headed.
    I too feel that way given I went 2017-2018 with a drink in hand every day. I could count on one hand AF each year. Now I have this goal of 16 days per month and it feels so good to work toward it with the weekly goal of 4 per week edging me closer so I'm not having to give up alcohol for the 2nd half of the month LOL.
    I see that you are doing similar goals!! CONGRATULATIONS on reaching 16 AF days this month!

Good luck! Baby steps!!
  • Lilylady3k
    Womona wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your journeys. Some of you have this down, some are doing one step forward, one step back, but we are all in this together. I can’t tell you how much it means to me!

I need a better plan for weekends. Friday night I stayed in and cooked- and drank 3 glasses of wine. Saturday night at a wedding I had 4 drinks. That 2.5 lb weight loss from last week? GONE! Back to my original weight. I know I am only trying to lose those last 5 pounds but I keep screwing this up and sabotaging my hard work all week. Im frustrated with myself.

I seemed to have conquered the weekdays with going AF, but weekends I’m over drinking, then overeating, waking up puffy and heavier! *beats head against wall*.

Sigh. This weekend I am going to limit to 2 wines Friday night, 2 Saturday, one Sunday tops. Pray for me!

Good luck!!! I like your plan for next weekend!!! I need a plan since I'll be facing 4 nights at the fishing camp again where we use to drink heavily. I struggle too with limiting my wine to 1 glass or even 2. DH and I started only buying 1 bottle when we decided to have wine instead of refilling our wine rack each week. This next weekend I'm thinking about drinking PEACE Tea Caddyshack which is tea & lemonade in my wine glass and try that out a couple of nights. The stemless wine glasses at the camp are tinged teal so really only I would know and I would still maybe feel like I'm part of the gang.

Weight loss and wine consumption (additional calories) go hand in hand with my weekly weight loss as well. I'm now down 10 lbs this year!!! 2 weeks of small gains when I drank more than expected (which also meant I was eating more) need to be taken out of my habits. I gain each time I'm at the fishing camp and since we go often ... this is something I need to tackle head on!
  • MissMay
    Good Morning, @Lilylady3k and @MissMay. Wow I just want to give you a hug! You are so inspirational.
    So here is my excitement from yesterday.
    I started the day saying I was going to go AF. Because I wanted it.
    But remembering my success does not have to be AF. I had started this journey with the goal of limiting myself to 2 or 3 beers per weeknight.
    So I decided it was ok to stop and buy a 12 pack. Even though there was an underlying anxiousness that I would have 5 or 6.
    But I had enough errands after work to get me home an hour later, which helps.
    But, although I had a stressed day, again, I DID IT!! I had only 3 beers. It felt great! I was tired when ready for bed. Thought about getting that 4th one, but didn't. I felt so good. And today too ;)
    Making those baby steps ;)
    Thank you for listening ;)

Way to go @AbandondedKSCharger. See, you don't need to put extra stress on yourself by trying to live up to unrealistic goals. Less is less. It could be that you decided to drink only half a can or bottle of beer instead of an entire one. And that would be less. Baby steps absolutely. No pressure here. Go at your own pace like you did yesterday. Woot-woot!
  • Lilylady3k
    Good Morning, @Lilylady3k and @MissMay. Wow I just want to give you a hug! You are so inspirational.
    So here is my excitement from yesterday.
    I started the day saying I was going to go AF. Because I wanted it.
    But remembering my success does not have to be AF. I had started this journey with the goal of limiting myself to 2 or 3 beers per weeknight.
    So I decided it was ok to stop and buy a 12 pack. Even though there was an underlying anxiousness that I would have 5 or 6.
    But I had enough errands after work to get me home an hour later, which helps.
    But, although I had a stressed day, again, I DID IT!! I had only 3 beers. It felt great! I was tired when ready for bed. Thought about getting that 4th one, but didn't. I felt so good. And today too ;)
    Making those baby steps ;)
    Thank you for listening ;)

Baby steps indeed! Congrats on not feeling the need to polish off what you purchased!
  • Trying so hard to find out how to add myself to this but cannot find it lol. What I struggle with most with weightloss is beer.
  • Trying so hard to find out how to add myself to this but cannot find it lol. What I struggle with most with weightloss is beer.
    @Smalltownfamilyof6 Me too. On the up side of that. I started drinking home alone about 15 years ago. Kids went to college and hubby was on the road. I was now ready to relive my 20's that I spent parenting. I started with the weekend milk and kahlua, some rum, then visiting wineries. Then it was on. I spent a good 10 years drinking wine almost every night, unless I was still hungover. Yes, all while maintaining my job. Crazy. Just crazy. Who knew then it would be such a long bumpy road. Anyways, two years ago, I can remember wanting so bad to quit craving wine. It haunted me. Slowly, over time, all of a sudden, I found I was having only one bottle of wine a week, then I have even gone a Friday night without it. Of course something had to take it's place though. BEER! But, I WILL over time, also get this in control. Because of this group here. I am finding progress in just the short month we've been here.
    Also, I want to make sure I understand what you're saying when you said, "trying so hard to find out how to add myself". Do you mean to the March thread? If so, I don't think it's been created yet. Have a great day/evening. You have a great hiking trip to look forward to :)
  • MissMay
    Trying so hard to find out how to add myself to this but cannot find it lol. What I struggle with most with weightloss is beer.

@Smalltownfamilyof6 your already added!!! All you had to do was post. WELCOME.

If you have not seen page one of this thread...check it out. There are so many helpful resources that cover everyone's different roads they want to travel down to drink LESS.

Post as often as you want.
  • MissMay
    So far, 13 AF days this month. Had 4 In December and 5 in January....think i'm on the right track!

That is a very impressive number indeed. It keeps going up every month since December. The train has left the station and taken the right track for sure. Nice work!
  • MissMay
    nvasquez41 wrote: »
    The end of February is in two days and I have drank 6 days in total this month. I was more mindful about my drinking and never once had a hangover! I didn't lose any weight because I think I was overcompensating for the lack of alcohol with food and I wasn't that strict with my logging. My goal for next month is to keep my number of drinking days to 4 and really get my logging back on track.

Awesome goals. Congrats on your 6 day total for the month. So great to know your still following in here.