Meal Preppers! What are you cooking this week?

Options
123457»

Replies

• RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Proteins: grilled greek chicken for salads, browning ground beef for sauces, homemade turkey sausage

Veggies- just roasting the ish out of sheet pans full of veggies, prepping salad toppings

Snacks- dates with almond butter, yogurt with honey, fruit is prepped and chopped

Meal plans:
    S- roast chicken with carrots and potato
    M- chili with corn bread
    T-chicken satay stir fry with black rice
    W- beef and barely soup with homemade bread
    Th- leftovers
    F- the tears of my enemies
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    This is me for the week.
    Breakfast- Yopro, blueberries, breakfast booster & banana
    Snack - nectarine, homemade protein snacks
    Lunch - Roast Veggie quinoa salad with kale and spinach

Time for a few questions?
    -breakfast booster: homemade or can you link?
    -homemade protein snacks- humbly requesting recipe if you have them.

This looks like my kinda food!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I did a chicken chili and a beef stew and divided it up three each with broccoli, sprouts, potatoes, one had a sweet potato, a couple had a steamed dough dumpling. Also did two with Quorn spicy chicken and same.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I weighed out berries to go with my yoghurts for breakfast, and made three days of lunches and dinners. A little chicken, some Quorn "beef," tuna and one with garbanzos. Some have seasoning, some I will sauce up as the mood strikes.

klsfzdu4ggb9.jpg

@MelanieCN77 - that is an organized thing of beauty!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    5zrwl9ykoqbb.jpeg

Harissa chicken and vegetables- I made a vat of it!!
    Rainbow chard
    Broccoli
    Cauli rice
    Onion medley
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options

Meal plans:
    S- roast chicken with carrots and potato
    M- chili with corn bread
    T-chicken satay stir fry with black rice
    W- beef and barely soup with homemade bread
    Th- leftovers
    F- the tears of my enemies

One of my FAVORITE dishes!!! :D>:)
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I mostly only prep ingredients on a regular basis. I do like to make the breakfast egg muffins and freeze them but even those will get put in a toasted English muffin most of the time. I've tried the whole sandwich frozen and found I still had to separate parts for even reheating plus the bread of choice changes texture.

I prep meats when I buy them - usually on a weekend. I weigh, portion and freeze some of it raw for when I want to cook something that may need a marinade or is better cooked in sauce. I weigh, cook, then portion some of it so I have something quick to grab to throw a quick meal or salad together. Cooking and freezing cooked portions works great with chicken breasts and ground meats.

Sometimes when I make a salad dressing I will portion/weigh/measure it into tiny quick to grab containers. I also prep some salad ingredients ahead of time but keep them individual so I can vary my foods - they also stay fresher longer than pre-assembling them.

When I cook elaborate meals or anything with a long cook time, I make extra and freeze portioned meals in freezer, microwave safe containers as my own version of microwave meals. Soups, chili or stew are great meals to get extra portions to freeze. Thicker ones can be put on a (fresh) salad instead of dressings.

I end up with a lot more variety doing it this way.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »

@MelanieCN77 - that is an organized thing of beauty!

Meal prepping appeals to my sense of order, too :D
  • scc_23
    scc_23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ntw25 wrote: »
    I lunch prep every week. This week, my boyfriend and I are ganging up and making 10 lunches of the same recipe: honey sriracha meatballs! We’re also making Asian stir fried veggies to go alongside.

rdbqo4uuceoc.jpeg
    03bbbwvzamay.jpeg

Looks delicious, can I get a recipe ?

I second that! Looks awesome and what's the recipe?
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    amcarpla wrote: »
    I lunch prep every week. This week, my boyfriend and I are ganging up and making 10 lunches of the same recipe: honey sriracha meatballs! We’re also making Asian stir fried veggies to go alongside.

omg! these look amazing! Where did you get the recipe?
    smedlund wrote: »

rdbqo4uuceoc.jpeg
    03bbbwvzamay.jpeg

This looks amazing. Would love to see the recipe!

Here you go!! https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/honey-sriracha-glazed-meatballs/

I fried the meatballs instead of baking 😘

@scc_23
  • JustTrackinIt
    JustTrackinIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple
    4 lbs of chicken in instant pot with 14 oz of Epic's chicken broth. 20 minutes high pressure - chicken for week is cooked and stored in fridge and i eat 8oz servings with 1 what tortilla for lunch and dinner along with some other things
  • jplowell3
    jplowell3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    how do you make deconstructed cheese burger bowls?
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    jplowell3 wrote: »
    how do you make deconstructed cheese burger bowls?

I normally fix mine like a salad: lettuce, tomato, diced pickles, onions, etc. (what I like on a burger). I then top with a hamburger patty or crumbled hamburger. Top with cheese, real bacon bits and homemade 1,000 island. I'm sure you could add croutons for the bread or toast.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    sunnday i made french toast, cheezy noodles, fried eggs for this week, might make soup tonight.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    My MIL is having surgery next weekend and my husband will be making a long distance trip to be there. His parents have been staying with his brother who is divorced with grown children and used to living alone, so it has been a lot for him to handle. Since we are far away and feeling helpless, I feel like the best way I can help is to prep some meals for them that they can freeze and easily reheat. This weekend and yesterday I made double batches of the following:

French Onion Soup
    Northwood Bean Soup with Kielbasa and Spinach
    Chicken Tikka Masala (crockpot)
    Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
    Shredded Jerk Pork Shoulder (crockpot)
    Beef Stew (crockpot)

I cooked one meal in the crock pot and one additional meal for three days in a row and they have enough food to feed the three of them for quite a while.
  • scc_23
    scc_23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    amcarpla wrote: »

omg! these look amazing! Where did you get the recipe?
    smedlund wrote: »

rdbqo4uuceoc.jpeg
    03bbbwvzamay.jpeg

This looks amazing. Would love to see the recipe!

Here you go!! https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/honey-sriracha-glazed-meatballs/

I fried the meatballs instead of baking 😘

@scc_23

Thank you so much! 😁
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Winter, and injury, means soup.

Yesterday’s activity:

Spicy Sweet Potato Peanut Soup (in instapot):
    Base recipe here:
    https://pinchofyum.com/sweet-potato-peanut-soup

My hybrid of Jamie O’s Chicken red curry soup in Le Cruset on stove. My recipe here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xuhL3P5LuQq8sTfvLUFSwABsKmJLiBKUcxr8wvbEBNg

Giant Pot (my brother’s beer making equipment) of roasted squash soup, My recipe (and general soup philosophy) here:
    http://hills-for-breakfast.com/2019/01/06/roasted-squash-soup/

Here is my destroyed kitchen:
    nzbgky791ueh.jpeg

The happy result:
    t560vb5ly14k.jpeg

5.5 gallons.
    Meal prepping, on crutches, LIKE A BOSS.
    Many, many funny moments learning to navigate with one leg. Rolling cart in kitchen is my new BFF.