40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    P90X3 Block 2 started this week. I like most of the workouts in this block, except MMX. He can call them "sprawls" all he wants, they're still Burpees! And no one should have to do that many burpees in a 30 minute workout! I'll be subbing a good kickboxing routine for those workouts, lol!

I managed to get in 3 out of 4 runs last week and all of Transition week on P90X3 as well as a couple of rounds of Disc Golf. I used my favorite Disc Golf course for my long run last week. The course is about 2 miles long and I ran it 3 times for a nice 6-mile run. I'm still slow, but I'm still a runner. Joggers find dead bodies. I've never found a dead body, therefore I'm still a runner, lol!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Looks like my old joints are catching up with me, I've been having some serious hip pain on my left side. Not sure where it came from, I had it a little when I was younger and a doctor said it was probably some sort of arthritis. Now all of the sudden, over a decade with no pain, and it's back with a vengeance.

I'll see my doctor tomorrow, but won't be running for a while. Not sure if yoga tonight will be good or bad for it. At least I can still lift weights, just upper body only.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I want to be cool!!!!! Feel free to add me.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am about to be 48. Was 210 pounds Jan 2018. All fat. Now, 165, down from 35%bf to 9% bf. Although, I still think I am 14% in the trunk. So, still lots of work to do there. I eat clean from monday to sat 5pm. From 5pm to monday morning, it is a free for all. I go to the gym for 3am. And do 50 min strength and 60 min stair master, average steps, 4500. So, 22500 stairs a week. I was doing mostly push exercises, but my joints and body hate me, so have transitioned to pull. I see a RD every six weeks for evaluation, which for me, is the cornerstone of my success.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 2!!! “It’s only 10 sets”! ☠️☠️☠️
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    Sigh. End winter, please. My body cannot take anymore winter fluff, lol.

My diet has stalled. Grrrrrrrr.

Lifting today. Then cardio. Kinda bored, frankly.....weights can get SO boring.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    22 minute hard corps cold start.
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 25! “The Kraken”!!! 55#! Paced myself and took breaks when needed (Aka a lot)!!
    Broke 1,000! I got 1,006 Total reps☠️☠️☠️

I'm not sure I have the attention span for that, lol! I even have to break a Murph into Cindy's just because I can't stay focused for more that 20 reps of anything, lol!
    it's not 1,006 reps of one move. there's a specific list of moves that we did throughout Alpha. each move is one minute. we tally up all the reps at the end for the final score.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms & Shoulders"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

No friggin' kidding! I have 20 feet of snow piled along my driveway and it's still snowing out there. Ugh!
  • Roadie2000
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

No friggin' kidding! I have 20 feet of snow piled along my driveway and it's still snowing out there. Ugh!

I'm so done too, it took me 2 hours to get to work today because of the snow, usually takes 30 minutes. And it's still bitterly cold outside, sick of it.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 3. 55#. Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 4. 55#. Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got out to snowshoe again yesterday, and again I had to break trail. This is the trail I have been doing all winter. We have been getting so much snow, it seems I am always breaking trail!

o0gd7w24wvdm.jpg
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Wow, @sdereski , that's some heavy snow cover. Its beautiful, but I'm sure the novelty has worn off for you by this time of year!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back & Legs"=Done!
  • Roadie2000
    Options
    Sciatic nerve pain sucks. On the bright side, I don't appear to have arthritis. I just have to figure out what's making my sciatic flare up so I can walk normally again.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am going to bring my snowshoes tomorrow to Oak Ridges Trail, but it is supposed to be a "hike" (with icers on) and not a "snowshoe". It is 10km!!

I just want to be more mobile on the weekends and not stuck at my desk like I am all the weekdays.

Hopefully if I FEEL like getting out and about it ACTUALLY means spring is on the way! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!
  • jredman0204
    jredman0204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am just over 40 at 41 and will be 42 this year. I am looking to get my sexy back and feel really good about myself. My starting weight is 225.2 today and I am looking to lose between 90 and 100 pounds.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am just over 40 at 41 and will be 42 this year. I am looking to get my sexy back and feel really good about myself. My starting weight is 225.2 today and I am looking to lose between 90 and 100 pounds.

Good for you sister. Everyone of us started with an idea, and then a 1st day.

I'm 50, and a pretty active person. I do cardio everyday, or at least some form of it, and lift 5 days a week. Currently i'm on a Upper / Lower Body Split. Upper, 3x a week, lower twice. Abs 2x a week.

Today is leg day # 2 for me. Looks like this: Squats, Dead Lifts, Leg Press, Ham Curls, Hack Sqauts or Leg Extensions. + Abs. + 30 min Cardio. Sound like alot, but it's not too bad. I do a lift, ab movement, rest for 1 min, lift, abs, rest a minute. So the whole thing with Cardio only takes me about 1.5/hr or a little longer.

Cheers everyone,

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 5! 55#.
    Gonna be honest, wasn’t gonna do this today. Heavy @$$ day at work disassembling, moving, then reassembling conference room tables. Those ******* are MONSTERS! But “OCPD voice” wouldn’t stfu and leave me alone. Still did better than last round. Who’d have thought. 🤪👍