Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Keto diet = good or bad

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    fatblatta wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    fatblatta wrote: »
    Well, no I didn't read all of this. I tried to answer the original question is keto good or bad. I think I have more evidence that it's good than you folks do saying it's bad. There are plenty of methods to lose weight.

Constant hunger, dizziness, and fatigue. And before you promote electrolyte imbalance, I was consuming over 6000mg and concentrating on potassium-rich foods.

You were low on salt. I have no idea how you ate 6000 mg of potassium. That would kill me. Do you know too much potassium will kill you? My body cannot regulate potassium so I know about this. I was in the heart attack zone and in less than two months my potassium was normal. LCHF is a low potassium diet.

I had over 6000mg of sodium and a potassium rich diet. I am extremely well versed in dieting.

So you say. We'll never agree, unfortunately. It's a simple question is keto bad or good. It's great! That's it from me!

Its more than say. I had daily logs of over 5000mg without recording that additional salt i added to every meal. I base my personal data based on meticulous tracking.

This doesn't even include the people I trained or helped with weight loss. Btw, i have trained multiple people on keto. I know the generic answers for those concerns. This is on top of my wife's autonomic disorder where she blows thru electrolytes. She has to consume 6-10g of salt daily.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    kornigyrl wrote: »
    I’ve been strict keto for about five months. My labs are all still good. I’ve lost 43 lbs so far. I enjoy it quite a lot. Thus far no negative effects whatsoever.🤷🏻‍♀️

About the same here on keto/LCHF. I get some comments like "its so restrictive" I really feel like the only thing I gave up is four slices of bread daily and potatoes since I have already given up most processed junk food. The other comment I get is "you can't eat like that long term" well, why not? I really enjoy eating this way and see no reason to stop. Not trying to suggest this WOE can fit everybody but it fits me perfectly.

Comments like those really bug me so damn much.
    It's not sustainable!!
    Really? Why?? B/c meat and veggies are just so terrible? Poor me eating my steak/pork chops/pot roast/chicken/seafood and my low carb veggies. Poor poor me with my filling delicious foods.
    And yes... it is restrictive, but believe it or not, some of us do well on restrictive diets. Some of us NEED restrictive diets.
    I know for myself that I do not succeed at moderation diets. If I could have things in moderation, I wouldn't be where I'm at now b/c I can't control myself around certain foods.
    Just irks me when people rag on a specific diet b/c THEY can't do it.

Keto is quite easy and satisfying more than I thought. Disappointed I didn’t start earlier.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    With the recent discovery of 'keto crotch' it's a no from me.

Ha, was coming here to see if anyone dared to post about this lol.
This discussion has been closed.