Random Thought For the Day

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Thank goodness you guys are here to explain what the cool peeps think.
  • honeybee__12
    Are the “cuties” little clementines in all the groceries now a new thing, hybrid?
    They weren’t available when I was young.
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Moles are the halfway point between wolverines and potatoes.
    I just saw this. I’m profounded.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2019
    Considering that most adults hundreds of years ago believed that monsters and demons were real and walked the Earth, not to mention the lack of electric lights, being a child back then must have almost always been horrific and traumatizing.
  • cee134
    If public libraries were invented today, every book publishing company would probably try to prevent them from being established.
  • honeybee__12
    lg7pq8bjgtyk.jpeg
  • honeybee__12
    27llcmcnawmf.jpeg
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    there is never a direct way to get something you want, ever. sometimes to go back in time to past desires can be extremely difficult, but possible in many ways
    1sphere wrote: »
    it seems as if having a normal life, aside from a good life, just a normal life...requires luck :/ Is this our world? seems like 80% of people have to rise from failures and struggles

I think that almost anything is possible with effort and time. Mind you, without failures and struggles even once obtained, it will more than likely lose its value.
  • honeybee__12
    0yxb4ham2sir.jpeg
  • wanderingarcher
    edited March 2019
    I’m think of of bumping my MFP membership up to premium. Those random ads of bananas in seductive poses are sorta unnerving.
  • honeybee__12
    f0qj03u540a0.jpeg
  • wanderingarcher
    edited March 2019
    I’m think of of bumping my MFP membership up to premium. Those random ads of bananas in seductive poses are sorta unnerving.

I get ads for furnished apartments. What have you been googling? 😂

Certainly nothing related to bananas making out. 😂
  • honeybee__12
    eaf58ci50pdr.jpeg
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited March 2019
    exactly how much stuff did the castaways take for just a 3 hour tour????
  • cee134
    yukfoo wrote: »
    exactly how much stuff did the castaways take for just a 3 hour tour????

Through the series, it has always been questioned as to why the Howells and the girls brought along so many clothes for what was just supposed to be a three-hour tour. The answer lies in the fact that in the original pilot, the Skipper and Gilligan were actually running a six-hour excursion service that transported tourists, something that was changed to a "three-hour tour" when the pilot became a series.

However, through the series, several episodes have resolved the fact that the Howells have always had to be prepared for the right clothes for the right situation. (A buried plot point might suggest that Mr. Howell tried to rent the S.S. Minnow from the Skipper to help transport his luggage to a location outside Honolulu. Excess clothes have also been recovered from crates that washed up on the island, such as the magician's trunk in It's Magic and a crate of clothes rejected by the Salvation Army prior to Bang! Bang! Bang!.)

Ignoring costumes like the surgical outfits in A Nose by Any Other Name and the USO outfits from Gilligan the Goddess, the Castaways' wardrobe is as follows:

https://gilligan.fandom.com/wiki/Clothes_and_Wardrobe