March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Katharmonic well done! Glad you did no bail. And yes, sliding down the hills is traditional at Spartans. :)

@PastorVincent you were totally right, it was a blast and the people were awesome. A very good bunch of crazies. Are they usually sliding downhill in the mud or on grass?

Mud, grass, snow, whatever. If it is slippery and steep, side down. :)
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Congratulations on completing the Spartan race!!! I was waiting eagerly to read your race report :smiley: Sounds like you had a blast! I didn't know there would be so much sliding instead of running ^^
    Out of personal curiosity: how much did you help each other in the team, would it have been much harder on your own? ((cause I won't have a team if I do the Spartan in July that I'm thinking about)).

From your description, you failed 4 obstacles, so you had to do 120 burpees? That's already quite a workout in itself! I just did a mini-workout this evening that was 5 sets of 15 burpees with 90s rest in between. Planning to gradually increase that to 5 sets of 30 burpees, but that number still seems daunting... 4x 30 in the middle of a tough race sound insane :+1:

I hope you get some well-earned rest now. You should wear that shirt and medal around all week! :sunglasses:

• saramagd
    saramagd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    3/3: 3.1Km
    4/3: 12.2Km
    6/3: 4.0Km
    7/3: 6.0km
    10/3: 11.2Km

Total: 36.5Km
    Total to go: 31.5Km (less than half :))
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 not sure if it's on Netflix or where, but have you seen the series Dead Like Me? Funny and a bit dark as the characters are dead and work as grim reapers. Highly recommend.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks @katharmonic ! I’ll look for it. I started Dark, I like it. I just can’t stay awake for very long. Least the Netflix binge will last longer that way.
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who contributed an embarrassing fall story! Made me feel better about mine and made me smile, except for the ones that resulted in injuries :(
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I’ve been run/walking lately and have realized that I kind of like it! I may stick to it even when I’m recovered. Today’s run was meh.
    March running
    3/6: 3.1 miles
    3/8: 3.1 miles
    3/10: 3.8 miles
    Cumulative miles: 10 miles/I have no idea miles