Options
    Cast list was posted. I am not on it.

:(

I’m so sorry, I know you were looking forward to this
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Posting my goals again, to keep them fresh in my mind. Today is a day I am so down. I just want to cry, but I can't. I finished the letter to disability, and also to our daughters doctor. I know we need to check into permanent housing for our daughter .. we just can't do this anymore. And she should not be living alone. So I am heartbroken. I love her so much .. who wants a life like this for your child. So all I want to do is cry, and eat. But I know that is not the answer. I have to stay strong. I have to stay healthy, to be on this earth as long as I can, for her. I would give anything if I could trade places with her. Last nite we went to the grocery store, and I lost her, only to find her standing in the middle of the grocery isle,looking down at the floor, crying. My heart is breaking, because there is nothing I can do except write to her doctor, and pray that the people at the disability office see what we see. A young girl, trying so hard to work to get her life back like she had it, but unable to.
    sorry for the rant ... but it has kept me from eating, and telling myself that I can do this.

JFT, Frd
    1. go to WW meeting :) Down 3 pounds from last week ... 5.4 pounds in 3 weeks. so don't give up.
    2. jan challenge -8+ water
    3. feb challenge - 1 snack, then brush/floss teeth
    4. march challenge - go outside for a walk. Really need to do this!!
    5. mindful eating
    6. plan meals for the week
    7. work on cleaning house
    8. try and finish baby quilt at least
    9. work on pc boards .. busy day
    10. stay positive. try not to be patient.

My heart just breaks for you, your daughter and your family. I have just read about her illness and like most mental health illnesses it seems that it is a balancing act trying to get the correct cocktail of medications. I pray the doctor can find it soon for her.

I love you, you’re doing everything you can for her.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Sorry went missing, again. Can't keep up with all the posts. I read some then had to skip to the end.

Anyway, so far I've lost 3 lbs in about 3 weeks. And it's easier now, because now my psyche is avoidance for health reasons. My desire NOT to be on more meds is huge even tho it may not matter and I might have to be on the meds anyway. I definitely want to improve my health more than ever now.

y

So glad to see you back ... we missed you! And great job on the 3#!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Cast list was posted. I am not on it.

:(

I am so sorry. I know how much you wanted that. Hugs
  • mytime6630
    Options
    My interview just got postponed until Monday because the interviewer is sick. Hubby says “more time to prepare”.

That sucks having to wait until Monday, but hubby is right. You have more time to be prepared and all rested!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    awhit4842 wrote: »
    3. Focus on today, not fears of the future

This is what I have to focus on today. Thanks for the reminder!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    lqv7shihhvxp.jpg

Love this! Thanks for posting ... a great way to end the work week!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. WATER, NOW :)
    3. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip >:) about 50/50
    4. Eat packed lunch :)
    5. Cook dinner at home - dirty rice :)
    6. Be positive and kind - really, do not takes peoples crap personally. >:) This too shall pass, maybe like a kidney stone but it will pass.
    7. Shower :)
    8. Bed by 9:30 >:) 9:50

JFT Friday
    1. Leave work at work
    2. Log all food
    3. Two more waters before leaving
    4. Bed by 10
    5. Set out clothes for work tomorrow
    6. Put away laundry
    7. Run dishwasher
    8. Quality time with DH
    9. Cook dinner at home - steak
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    This is from the GEM fb page. It spoke to me and thought I'd share it with you.

It's the weekend, which means it's time for a lot of "Cheat meals"! But have you ever stopped and thought about how that sounds? 🤔

The word "cheat" has such a negative connotation. Even though cheat meals are glorified all over the fitness industry, the name in and of itself already tells you, "You did something bad" 😔

It may not be the healthiest approach nutritionally to constantly live in fear, avoidance, and obsession over "cheat" foods. When we do that, you perpetuate the "forbidden fruit" mentality 🍎

Your efforts may better be suited towards learning the skill of moderation. When you have a healthy relationship with ALL food, you don't feel like a "cheater" or failure when you have pizza or ice cream.

If you're thinking about your "Cheat meals" this weekend...your relationship with food may need some TLC ❤️
    h4q1eq8etnbd.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    WOY: Discipline
    Yesterday, I practiced discipline by once again saying no to the chocolate that was doing all it could to distract me!

Small Change/Big Impact
    Day 1: Threw out white chocolate chips
    Day 2: Reverted to drinking 8 cups of water
    Day 3: Reverted to pre-logging
    Day 4: Reverted back to 1200 calories/day
    Day 5: No drinking alcohol M-Th
    Day 6: Added more protein to diet
    Day 7: Added a daily dose of stretching, even if not exercising
    Day 8: Get closer to eating the full 1200 calories/day

3/14
    Drink 8 cups of water :smile:
    Pre-log :smile:
    Stay within 1200 calories :)
    Continue to increase protein :smile:
    Stretch :smile:
    Exercise :smile:
    Messy in the Middle :smile:
    Floss :smile:
    Practice Discipline :smile:

3/15
    Drink 8 cups of water (have glugged 6 thus far)
    Pre-log :smile:
    Stay within 1200 calories
    Get closer to the 1200 calories
    Continue to increase protein
    Stretch
    Exercise
    Messy in the Middle :smile:
    Floss
    Practice Discipline
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    This is from the GEM fb page. It spoke to me and thought I'd share it with you.

It's the weekend, which means it's time for a lot of "Cheat meals"! But have you ever stopped and thought about how that sounds? 🤔

The word "cheat" has such a negative connotation. Even though cheat meals are glorified all over the fitness industry, the name in and of itself already tells you, "You did something bad" 😔

It may not be the healthiest approach nutritionally to constantly live in fear, avoidance, and obsession over "cheat" foods. When we do that, you perpetuate the "forbidden fruit" mentality 🍎

Your efforts may better be suited towards learning the skill of moderation. When you have a healthy relationship with ALL food, you don't feel like a "cheater" or failure when you have pizza or ice cream.

If you're thinking about your "Cheat meals" this weekend...your relationship with food may need some TLC ❤️
    h4q1eq8etnbd.png

I love this concept! It took me a very long time to really understand. Now, I like to use the word “splurge” or “treat” meals to recognize foods loaded with fat, salt, sugar are not for most days but also a good part of life to be savored. I never deprive myself of foods I really love, but try to find the right balance. I find it puts treats in perspective-the store-bought cookies at work that give a 5 minute sugar fix but just aren’t fulfilling, or the great meal at a favorite restaurant that I really can appreciate. It helps me stay determined and more on track!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 15 March

Log accurately >:) will try to catch up tomorrow
    Stay in the green >:) highly unlikely
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) [/ quote]

Unexpected meal out and very late night. Too tired to try to log or respond to other posts. Sorry
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to those of you struggling today. Stay strong and be kind to yourself. Tomorrow is another day. ❤️

JFT (3/15)
    drink 80 oz. water ✅
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups ✅
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories ✅
    exercise 30 minutes :( crummy weather!
    go to bed between 9-10 :( stayed up a bit late
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

JFT (3/16)
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    splurge meal day!
    exercise 30 minutes
    go to bed between 9-10 (night before)
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, im baaaaack
    Everything is moved into the new house, i feel broken!

Everything is everywhere despite being in labelled boxes.
    Im absolutely shattered.

I had a quick skim read through

@mytime6630 so sorry you have to go through all that again? Havent you only JUST done that?!
    I know how hard it is but just keep fighting for her!

@jeschepp Heres a kiddo story... so basically, all the boxes were in the lounge, from the whole house, of all the boxes (around 30) she managed to pick one with food in, somall the cupboard stuff. And of all the things she could have chosen out the box, she chose custard powder, and then after throwing it all over the sofa, and eating it, she then gave it to casey who covered hereelf in ot that much her hair was brown!
    And i couldnt wash it because it would have gone sticky and turned into custard.
    So i had to hoover their hair, and the rest of them infact.

I was far from happy lol!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I feel I need to come back and say..
    I'm not beating anyone up or trying to add any stress. Nor am I trying to pound my ideas into anyone. I'm passionate about this journey!
    You and your/our lives matter. We are accomplishing a great deal. Everyone adds to this journey.
    @toaljasa is very knowledgeable and your posts are inspirational and we're glad you're here. Kudos👏👏
    We need each of you and all that we put in this mix. I love all of you and you're helping me get to a better me.
    FOOD IS GOOD! It's what we do with it that can either help us or hinder us.
    Love,
    Mary
  • toaljasa
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I feel I need to come back and say..
    I'm not beating anyone up or trying to add any stress. Nor am I trying to pound my ideas into anyone. I'm passionate about this journey!
    You and your/our lives matter. We are accomplishing a great deal. Everyone adds to this journey.
    @toaljasa is very knowledgeable and your posts are inspirational and we're glad you're here. Kudos👏👏
    We need each of you and all that we put in this mix. I love all of you and you're helping me get to a better me.
    FOOD IS GOOD! It's what we do with it that can either help us or hinder us.
    Love,
    Mary

We are all in different stages of our journey. And while I certainly believe one should enjoy all foods within moderation, which is in itself a learning curve and a challenge, there are moments when we must dig in our heels, and say that simple, yet powerful word: NO.

There is a time and a season. Right now, my season is not to have donuts and ding-dongs in my cupboards. Why? Because right now, I am weak. I am just now getting my momentum back to where it was last year and I do not want anything to hinder me. I don't keep cookies. I am no longer baking bread. Because I don't want to take the energy needed to constantly be saying, no, no, no. I want better health and a slimmer me more than cookies.

And it's not forever. I've proven that I can have my cake and eat it, too, and still, in fact, lose weight. I no longer am a slave to my flesh, obeying it. But part of this journey is to recognize when my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak, acknowledge it and be proactive. In my weakness, I am made strong!

So, your plea tonight was right on target for many of us, and it served as affirmation and encouragement for me personally. And my post about the importance of moderation and balance, including eating sweets, and other treats, was on target for others and where they are on their journey!

See you at the finish line, Mary!

Peace and joy!
    uftjrcwl3fob.png

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Long day yesterday but I got most things done. Today is my oldest’s birthday party, followed by a sleepover, so it will be busy again. And full of temptation. So now to set my intention to have a second weekend in a row of staying on track. The Lent sugar ban has helped, as has making sure I am actually eating enough of the good stuff so that I never get too hungry. Sleep has been poor this week but this morning I went back to bed for a mini nap as I don’t have any exercise to do until 9:30, when the ex will come to watch the kids so I can do my Warrior class. Plan to make tomorrow a complete rest day because I will be doing a big house clean and hopefully get my activity in there.

Friday goals recap:
    - remake vanilla cake ✅
    - Morning run ✅
    - Pick up RE docs from printer on arrival ✅
    - Sort parents eve schedule ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car ✅
    - GaG certificate before leaving ✅
    - Ice and decorate cakes straight after work ✅
    - Girls hair wash and choose party outfits ❎ ugh! We are tired! Will do in the morning!
    - Early night ❎ oh dear!

Saturday goals:
    - get kids up and wash their hair
    - Warrior class
    - Buy birthday card, pears, eggs and sleepover snacks
    - make spare bed for sleepover, general tidy
    - eat a decent lunch - don’t be too hungry for party
    - Party 3:30-6:30
    - Host sleepover
    - Get to bed as soon as kids allow!

Wishing you all a successful weekend! X