• como_agua1
    como_agua1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Just get rid of that stupid *kitten* button. It enables passive-aggressive pricks more than it diffuses potentially explosive arguments. Let’s not put more weapons in the hands of anonymous trolls. Let’s find ways to help us see that there is an actual person on the other end of that online exchange. Let’s enable and encourage respect for dissenting opinions. Let people politely disagree because that’s what humans are capable of.

that button doesn't mean anything. it never has. it never will.

Ehh. That’s like saying a smile and a frown are worth the same from a stranger. One will make you feel better than the other. Saying the button doesn’t mean anything doesn’t make it not mean anything to people for whom it means something

trust me i get that ^ heck that's why im always telling women to smile more.

no but seriously i think those things are tangible at least. they have a face to go with them. you may know the person who gives you either of them. they have weight.

a button online doesn't have that.

it's even shielded by anonymity. in fact, letting it bother you only gives the person who's doing it more power over you. they get to remain anonymous AND they get to know how it bothers you. dont ever let someone have that kind of power over you.

I wants to start wooing people in a postive way. Some certain person, shall remain nameless, has taken the inspiring button over. I feel a lil slutty hugging everyone.
    Nah I'm a huge sloot! 😁❤

tbf i think most people know if you interact with me and then suddenly get inspired it's because i like you or something you said made me laugh. and i need laughter in my life. as often as i can get it.

the big secret is that when i don't inspire I'm actually liking or hugging instead.

the button u really want >>>

c1ysjocyxlam.gif

a very NZ type of comedy clip - love it!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I wonder what happened to the singles thread it's dead in there

What are you doing in there? ;)
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options

A lurker are we? 😜 we want our old thread back is what happened!
  • Tankiscool
    Options

A lurker are we? 😜 we want our old thread back is what happened!

I just noticed the thread hasn't pop up on top every few minutes

I'm as curious as Jo, what were you doing there?
  • Tankiscool
    Options

What are you doing in there? ;)

Lol! You guys are just lurking huh?

Lol mayyyybeee. Like you said the singles thread isn't popping up every few minutes
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    What kinda chit is press on veneers? So someone with bad or has missing teeth uses this product then gets a date and what happens when the date finds out later?

:hushed: shhh
  • Tankiscool
    edited March 2019
    Options
    What kinda chit is press on veneers? So someone with bad or has missing teeth uses this product then gets a date and what happens when the date finds out later?

Had to look that up tbh i had no clue wtf you were saying lol now I'm curious as well
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Lot of talk about woo.
    Too many words for a Friday night.
    Love y’all anyway. 🍻
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Lot of talk about woo.
    Too many words for a Friday night.
    Love y’all anyway. 🍻

Nice! ;)
  • Tankiscool
    Options

Had to look that up tbh i had ni clue wtf you were saying lol now I'm curious as well

Had to look that up tbh i had ni clue wtf you were saying lol now I'm curious as well

BrightimagelabDOTcom it was on my YouTube. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's deceiving somebody.

Not wrong but don't you think you'd be able to tell. Like trying to talk with a mouth guard in lol
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Being annoyed that every time I try to do calories it crashes in an error.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Why do I keep reading Dostoyevsky even though every page is a proverbial punch in the d!ck.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    my big fear is that anytime i get woo it’s a friend who secretly hates me

Aww, lady
    I don't trust people much either

A woo (to me) is from someone who likes you and has a good sense of humour! "whoo hoo"...This!! Take it as a positive, because you are never mean, hateful or in any way negative on here! There is no reason for anyone to be anything but kind towards you.

If some one were to woo you in a negative sense, they are clearly a troll and a pathetic *kitten*-hole...or a stupid, sorry person who (doesn't) deserve pity...*kitten* them, non gently with a 2x4.

You are one of the purely good ones (as represented here, not saying your an angel or anything, just you only represent kindness and have never seen a speck of mean from you).

If someone ever does be mean to you, alert me and I will hunt them down...I have a savage inner who demands retribution...look out a-holes!

(yes I'm a smidge protective of my people)
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Just get rid of that stupid *kitten* button. It enables passive-aggressive pricks more than it diffuses potentially explosive arguments. Let’s not put more weapons in the hands of anonymous trolls. Let’s find ways to help us see that there is an actual person on the other end of that online exchange. Let’s enable and encourage respect for dissenting opinions. Let people politely disagree because that’s what humans are capable of.

Ehh. That’s like saying a smile and a frown are worth the same from a stranger. One will make you feel better than the other. Saying the button doesn’t mean anything doesn’t make it not mean anything to people for whom it means something

no but seriously i think those things are tangible at least. they have a face to go with them. you may know the person who gives you either of them. they have weight.

it's even shielded by anonymity. in fact, letting it bother you only gives the person who's doing it more power over you. they get to remain anonymous AND they get to know how it bothers you. dont ever let someone have that kind of power over you.

I wants to start wooing people in a postive way. Some certain person, shall remain nameless, has taken the inspiring button over. I feel a lil slutty hugging everyone.
    Nah I'm a huge sloot! 😁❤

tbf i think most people know if you interact with me and then suddenly get inspired it's because i like you or something you said made me laugh. and i need laughter in my life. as often as i can get it.

the big secret is that when i don't inspire I'm actually liking or hugging instead.

***insightful!, inspiring!, like!, WOOHOO!!, huggies!!
  • Vikka_V
    Options

I just have a mostly academic problem with it. I think it’s stupid and actively unhelpful in human interactions.

That said, when people say “don’t feel that way” or “ toughen up” “ don’t let it bother you” it bothers me. Mostly because I own my feelings. I feel how I feel. And why would I want to stop feeling? Good or bad.

But it also troubles me because no one ever says HOW. How do you not feel what you feel? I understand how to pretend. I’m pretty good at it actually. But to actually not feel? No clue.

BTW, this is the kind of respectful, interested, friendly disagreement I want more of. 😂

Had to go way back to quote you, but had to, you are so well spoken!

Want your opinion on something that has bugged me for years, and I cant get over (anyone else's opinion too, perception problem to me, curious on interpretation)

Had someone tell me before "it's my fault if I have hurt feelings" (because that wasn't their intention, just my perception)
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I just have a mostly academic problem with it. I think it’s stupid and actively unhelpful in human interactions.

That said, when people say “don’t feel that way” or “ toughen up” “ don’t let it bother you” it bothers me. Mostly because I own my feelings. I feel how I feel. And why would I want to stop feeling? Good or bad.

But it also troubles me because no one ever says HOW. How do you not feel what you feel? I understand how to pretend. I’m pretty good at it actually. But to actually not feel? No clue.

BTW, this is the kind of respectful, interested, friendly disagreement I want more of. 😂

Had to go way back to quote you, but had to, you are so well spoken!

Want your opinion on something that has bugged me for years, and I cant get over (anyone else's opinion too, perception problem to me, curious on interpretation)

Had someone tell me before "it's my fault if I have hurt feelings" (because that wasn't their intention, just my perception)

I know you didn’t ask me but i want to chime in.

That’s an extreme way of putting it but I generally agree with that statement. I think intention trumps perception, because people are generally not flawless at expressing themselves. If someone teases me and i take offense and later find out they were just trying to tease me because they like me, then clearly my perception was wrong, therefore my reaction was inappropriate.

However, intentions are impossible to know for sure and perception is difficult to control so I generally abide by this one rule: don’t take offense.

Sounds silly and oversimplified but it allows me to control the situation. It’s almost impossible for someone to offend me or hurt my feelings. If they like me, then i can trust that they’d never want to hurt me, therefore i never read any harm into their actions toward me. If I don’t know if they like me, i give them the benefit of the doubt. If you want to insult me you’re going to have to put a lot of effort into beating me over the head with it because i just won’t believe you’re really insulting me, and in my experience most people are too lazy to try that hard 😅

For what it’s worth, i grew up always sure people were making fun of me and i took offense to most everything, so its not just my personality to not care. Maybe two parts growing out of it and three parts changing my mind about what I’ll let bother me.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

😂😂