What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    corrarjo wrote: »
    10oz sirloin steak with sautéed mushrooms and sugar snap peas.
    xuyz4ckswwvt.jpeg

I need to eat dinner after seeing this pic. Thanks corrarjo!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I've got Irish beef and guiness stew barely simmering. I put it on two hours ago and hope the meat is tender to eat we eat in four hours. The liquid is at around 80C.
  • amesibee
    amesibee Posts: 195 Member
    2 hardboiled eggs mashed up with hummus, sriracha and dill. Served on a slice of toast with spinach and smoked salmon. 🤤🤤
  • daltontf
    daltontf Posts: 63 Member
    Skillet with diced sweet potatoes seasoned with little cayenne and smoked paprika, turkey sausage, and spinach. Served with a over-easy egg on top.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sausage, potato, and green bean foil packets. They were super easy and everyone loved them.
    https://damndelicious.net/2016/05/31/sausage-potato-green-bean-foil-packets/

I baked them and they needed more like 30 minutes, but this recipe is a keeper for us.
  • acpgee
    Griddled iceberg wedges with ranch followed by beef and guiness stew. Hubby made the mash.

b40smntadzfo.jpeg

40k6md510unj.jpeg

• Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    chicken thighs in a slow cooker. A great source of protein.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    mgb0mpha87vc.jpg

Had some leftover penne from a couple of nights ago, so I warmed it up. Chopped a couple of campari tomatoes and some basil. Drizzled on a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Tossed in some mozzarella pearls. And voila! Lunch.

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Slow cooker sauce beef teriyaki with veggie fried rice and mini spring rolls.
  • acpgee
    I've got a duck prosciutto experiment curing in the fridge. In two weeks I am having a dinner party where one of the guests doesn't eat pork. As a result he hasn't had much charcuterie in his life so I plan to introduce him to duck prosciutto (invented in the Jewish ghetto of Rome), Braesola (dry cured beef) and Mojama (dry cured tuna). I can buy Braesola locally at the Italian deli, and a girlfriend who is returning vacation in Seville is bringing me mojama so I only need to make duck prosciutto from scratch.

I normally dry duck prosciutto in the dehydrator after curing but will now experiment with longer drying in the refrigerator. Will hack the hanging by putting the meat in a mesh basket which allows air to circulate.

https://honest-food.net/duck-prosciutto-recipe/
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    A juicy old pork chop.

2i75y993aact.jpeg
  • acpgee
    I had to rescue the chocolate sorbet that I am making for next weekend's dinner party. I don't have an ice cream maker so freeze in a shallow tray taking out the mixture out to mash up the frozen sides and push to the centre. It takes about several hours to get a trayful of frozen slush. I started it too late last night, we went to bed after a couple of mashes and this morning it was frozen pretty rock solid. Putting it through the food processor in small batches was a messy job, but it worked.

2t4sb0vc7jam.jpg
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Last night I made shepherd's pie with a side of Guinness Extra Stout.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited March 2019
    I made ramen with the homemade beef stock I made the other night. I added soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and garlic to the stock. I added some mushrooms, bok choy, and beef. I just use instant ramen for the noodles. I topped it with hard boiled eggs and bonito flakes. I'm having leftovers for lunch today.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    I made a buffalo chicken stuffed spaghetti squash for lunches all week. I also made the homemade buffalo sauce and ranch included in the recipe!

http://therealfoodrds.com/buffalo-chicken-stuffed-spaghetti-squash/
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Corn beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots with a side of smoked cornbread.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Meal prep for the week.

Chicken Breast, Salmon, Potato salad & made a Chick pea and kale stew using my instant pot.
  • lechesucio
    lechesucio Posts: 29 Member
    I made buffalo cauliflower bites - inspired by the SkinnyTaste recipe. But I season the cauliflower with garlic powder and pepper beforehand, which really pumps up the flavor. And the batter I make is out of the Kodiak Cake protein waffle/pancake mix and a half can of sparkling water, for a faux-beer batter. I serve it with chobani fat-free greek yogurt + dry ranch powder for a protein-packed ranch dressing and some celery. Some nights we also have broccoli tots from Green Giant (frozen section). Great for when we miss bar food!! (which is all the time)
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Bit of meal prep last night for the next couple days...roasted in olive oil, mint, parsley, garlic & thyme... Served with little bit of feta :) turned out rather tasty.
    xwkml2995aeb.jpg

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Shepherd's Pie, slaw, parsnip soup, soda bread (yes, it was my St. Patrick's Day meal)