What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm continuing to work my way through the existing supply. I knocked the roots off a potato and baked it. I fished a broken burrito out of the freezer and nuked it. I opened an old can of peas and weighed then heated a portion. I added a few suitable condiments and spices, logged it all, and had lunch.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    Mashed potatoes, runner beans and Mock Duck (seitan)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Last night I made pork fried rice
  • SlimmFit
    SlimmFit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Didn’t this group used to post pix ?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Low carb spaghetti chicken lo mein.
    3gauxk3p4a4k.jpg
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    SlimmFit wrote: »
    Didn’t this group used to post pix ?

All those members' photo-logs including my sister's @777Gemma888 when we'd just started with Keto have been removed following some issue with Natty_Or_Not, which resulted with the removal of all his Discussions off the Board, necessitating this very one, since early August.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Last night my husband smoked burgers and brats. I made baked potatoes and roasted veggies.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Made beef broth in slo cooker,Monday....then used it to make beef vegetable soup Tues.We ate it the last 2 days & will have what’s left today with grilled cheese for DH,saltine crackers for me.

Soup is great to have at the ready,so I usually keep a few containers in the freezer.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Really didn't feel like cooking today ... Chicken schnitzel, sauteed veggies and I let the Ninja go a little longer then I should have.- cheesy Cauli-mash cum slurry. Maybe I will add some coconut flour later to dry out and give it more body.

k8amlyxgkm6y.jpg
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Broiled salmon topped with olive oil and pico de gallo, accompanied by leftover sauteed asparagus. Last night was filet Mignon and fresh asparagus sauteed in olive oil and butter. I gave my husband rice with his meals, but I'm eating keto and didn't miss the rice.
  • jamesjeffsmith
    jamesjeffsmith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    crockpot cornish game hen wild mushrooms onion garlic carrot butternut squash brussel sprouts
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    The other day I made pan seared chicken thighs with shallots, preserved lemons, kale, and great northern beans.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    I am the weekend and company cook. Made bagna cauda tonight.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Cooked? That was my dinner, last night. A pizza. This morning's breakfast bowl of Cocoa Krispies wasn't actually cooked.
  • acpgee
    Options
    I am making a flan caramel for tomorrow night as it needs to set overnight in the fridge. I now do this in the microwave in plastic flan dish set on low. Life is too short for cooking things au bain marie.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have taken a picture! On occasion, my husband and I have a "mix and match" night. This is where we each make our own meal out of the "last one" or left overs...you know the stuff that sits at the bottom of your freezer for months on end? Yeah. It is nice as sometimes our work schedules don't match up the greatest, so we get to cook on our own time/schedule.

I cooked up a frozen burnt pork chop, with left over mashed potatoes (with mushrooms and mini-corns), near expired asparagus, and chopped cucumber.

Best meal I have had in a long time.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Roasted duck with fingerling potatoes (cooked in duck fat from said duck)
    Tomorrow: Leftover duck and Chinese steamed buns

My favorite Chinese restaurant is closed on Tuesdays so I figured I'd have to make Chinese food for Chinese food and movie day myself.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Did this with Sicilian mandarin jelly instead of redcurrant jelly. With roast root vegetables in the rendered duck fat.
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1188/roast-duck-legs-with-red-wine-sauce
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Christmas dinner: roasted chicken, roasted carrots, sauteed green beans, mashed sweet potatoes, salad.

• 777Gemma888
    edited December 2018
    Options
    All adults pitched in to Christmas dinner. Deep fried turkey, country style gravy, roasted honey ham, collard greens, mac n cheese, deviled eggs, pimento sweet corn, yam sponge cake and coconut lemon cake.

19125k9gtj7z.jpg
    b42v0i7714av.jpg
    p089lgt9ok2i.jpg