What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Tried out our new Ninja, so we whipped up cauliflower almond mash, fried skinless chicken thighs and sauteed veggies. Was rather distracted, so I accidentally left them on a tad too long. Shrugs.

h8x07eidfrfs.jpg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Salmon - flesh side rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground coriander, and smoked paprika. I seared the skinside (which was seasoned with salt and pepper) before putting the pan in the oven.
    Served with roasted brussels sprouts and brown rice.

Breakfast was steel cut oats cooked in the rice cooker (yay for the cook later setting) to which I added salt, a few tsp of brown sugar, and some dried cherries.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    dinner last night: slowcooker apple cider-braised pork shoulder with au jus reduction, roasted carrots, rice medley and mixed veg salad.

2rb9pb6fpk2x.jpg
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I made homemade ramen last night. I made a broth with beef stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sliced mushrooms, garlic, and spices & herbs. I then added the ramen noodles. I baked a peppercorn pork loin in the oven and sliced it to put on top. Added sliced hard-boiled eggs on top as well.

This is a pretty common dinner for my fiance and I. We usually have it at least every other week. I sometimes switch out the meat component and use different veggies.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Patty melts. I was going for a copy cat frisco melt from Steak and Shake. So, they were on sourdough, no grilled onions, and thousand island dressing. Swiss and cheddar (supposed to be american but I just can't do american cheese)

It's hard to get the patties thin enough lol. Plus my pan was so hot the bread got almost burned but the cheese inside didn't melt :D Still good though.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Tonight (Thursday): appetizer of white bean/pumpkin/apple cider soup, entree of roasted bone-in chicken thighs, mashed sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli. The "gravy" in the potatoes is leftover au jus reduction from apple cider-braised slow cooker pork shoulder on Tuesday. "A" is for "Apple Autumn," LOL.

1. Soup, served.
    2. Entree, served.

qej9gs7g8swh.jpg

835lnc0ekc1o.jpg

• lillypade
    lillypade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and toast with avocado
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Made chicken stew with cauli rice. No pics tonight as I was distracted.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Baked brown sugar and garlic pork chops with spicy bulgar, black beans, mango and peas and steamed broccoli
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Baked boneless skinless chicken breast with a thin slice of havarti cheese wrapped with 1 slice bacon and 1/2 baked acorn squash.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Meh, just some chicken with marinara sauce (hot/cold contrast)...less ingredients, simple stuff, the better
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Meh, just some chicken with marinara sauce (hot/cold contrast)...less ingredients, simple stuff, the better

I wanted to try eating it your way following your previous sharing, only I cannot remember which of the two you kept cold to the hot. My mind is thinking cold chicken, and a hot marinara.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Other way around
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Other way around

Ahhh ... Thank you KV.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash galette. The crust was good but a little tough.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I grilled some strip steaks outside in the rain last night and made au gratin potatoes and steamed broccoli on the side. I even managed to set the table and get everyone to eat together. At the same time. That is a true Christmas miracle.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Rigatoni, meatballls, sausage and garlic bread. Ate it and it was delicious. Avoided seconds. Had 1 meatball and 1 slice garlic bread.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker pork chops in bbq sauce with mashed potatoes and steamed edamame