What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Last minute cleaning out my pantry vegan chili Mac!
    Elbow noodles
    Potato soup milk "cheese" sauce
    1 can of Rotel tomatoes and green Chili's
    Kale
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I made chicken/turkey stock for matzo ball soup. I'll make the matzo balls tomorrow. Because turkey necks and wings are on sale I got two necks and a wing and then I also deboned a chicken (al la Lady and Pups' "boneless turkey purse"). I roasted the bones as well as some of the vegetables and ended up with two and a half quarts of stock.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Red lentil rotini (pasta made with lentil flour instead of wheat flour, really good and high in protein), topped with eggs that were scrambled with tomato, mushrooms, black pepper, and a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Then I added some nutritional yeast on top for extra flavor and nutrition.
  • kelsium33
    kelsium33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pulled chicken enchiladas with a greens salad and sweet potato on the side
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    chili
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: matzo balls and latkes. The latkes turned out better than usual which was nice.
    Plans for tonight: Garlic rice stuffed chicken.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    It is raining with stream speed waters gushing down our streets, so we thought to clear the fridge for tonight's dinner meets comfort food.

Beef meatballs in a mushroom onion gravy with sauteed onions and peppers. Mash made from almond flour, cheese + sour cream and mashed peeled radishes and cauliflower.

9gymf97qrbho.jpg
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese with dill pickles. Butternut squash soup.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Burnt grilled cheese and tomato soup that boiled over and made a mess.... I got distracted, soup boiled over, I frantically turned off the burner and accidentally turned up the heat on the grilled cheese, which resulted in burnt sandwiches. Yesterday was not my day. I blame it on sickness-brain.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    Making dinner now. A half roast leg of lamb studded with garlic slivers done in the air fryer with duck fast roast potatoes. Will have a tomato salad dressed with orange vinaigrette with that.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Parmesan crusted pork chops! Probably with roasted potatoes and garlicy sauteed green beans.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Pepper stuffed cajun chicken with spicy quinoa
  • kelsium33
    kelsium33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Minestrone soup with bread I made earlier
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    I've got four gratin dauphinoise baking in the oven. One is for tonight with last night's leftover roast leg of lamb. The others will go in the freezer for quick weeknight meals. This is such an easy gratin recipe but needs to be made in a non stick pan. I lightened it with whole milk instead of the milk and cream mixture.

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/gratin-dauphinois-recipe
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Made a big pot of Gumbo w/ Chicken, andouille sausage and shrimp.
    mzqxb686i2et.jpeg
    hdzv98jruzzm.jpeg
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Made a huge batch of chicken casserole with no potatoes as I'd ran out.

Down side means it's really low calorie so I'm going to have to hit the nut butter
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    slow cooker corned beef with mashed potatoes and honey glazed carrots.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My roommate got a Turkey as a holiday bonus so I have been recruited to make it for dinner tomorrow night lol. I'm making an oven roasted Turkey, grilled asparagus, butternut squash, homemade cornbread, and mashed potatoes with homemade gravy (mashed and gravy are for them). Even though its going to be a huge meal, I'm going to make it all as healthy as possible using lots of herbs for seasoning rather than a ton of butter and fat. I can't wait!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Last night I made chicken pot pie
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I made a beef & cabbage vegetable stew. It came out pretty well. Its cubed beef, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and cabbage in beef stock with a can of tomato sauce and some red wine. I added a bit too much black pepper, but neither my fiance or I mind it because we love spicy food.