The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Hello @TheArchyBunker . Welcome! We're a pretty cool bunch, you're welcome to hang out with us.

Thanks. Normally seems kind of quiet around here.

It can be. We're all pretty busy but make a point to check in regularly.

Awesome! Sounds good. My job doesnt allow phones at the desk because of sensitive information so im not too active either.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Only 44 hours to go on my shift. :frowning:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Night #2 and 3 hours in. Stupidity has returned lol. Last night must've been our break
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian - boo! Feel better!

@bethanie0825 - urg, sorry bout the stupid. I hope it's at least entertaining!

In other news, the most exciting thing I did this week was knit myself a pair of slippers. I could use some...I dunno...diversion? Other than Netflix?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian - boo! Feel better!

@bethanie0825 - urg, sorry bout the stupid. I hope it's at least entertaining!

In other news, the most exciting thing I did this week was knit myself a pair of slippers. I could use some...I dunno...diversion? Other than Netflix?

They looked comfy.

I wish the calls were entertaining but they were really just annoying.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Haha, they are comfy, even if they aren't much to look at, lol! Soft and warm, pretty much my two favorite things.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You knit a pair of slippers? How do you keep from falling? Aren't they slick?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Haha, they are comfy, even if they aren't much to look at, lol! Soft and warm, pretty much my two favorite things.

That's what matters!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    So far I've taken calls for:

-Someone mad that we have homeless people in our town and how they don't want that element here bc it's a nice area
    -A sock that has been laying by the caller's deck for a couple days and he's concerned. He doesn't know what's in it and his neighbor said to call the cops.

Partner just took one for a female driving crazy thru the Walmart parking lot, stopping at a stop sign, exiting her vehicle and kicking and yelling at it, before driving off.

What. Is. In. The. Water?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    You knit a pair of slippers? How do you keep from falling? Aren't they slick?

libl88tvj9k9.jpg

These are the slippers I knitted???
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Awesome slippers! I used to love when an elderly friend of the family made us all new slippers so my brother and I could 'skate & slide' on the kitchen linoleum. The slipperyness was the fun part. We used to wear the bottoms out pretty quick. Knitting is back in fashion for all ages and genders.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    The yarn I used is soft, but it has something of a grip to it, so they don't really slide, but now that you mentioned it, I really want some "slidey" slippers! Plus, I'm always looking for excuses to buy more yarn!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It would be just my luck I would try and slip and would step in dog slobber and pull a cruciate ligament. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Is it wrong to look outside and see rain and 34 degrees and think, "I'll have the bike trail all to myself." :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes. :D But, hey, to each his own! It was almost 65 here today, and it was wonderful.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Two nights of showers and 5C. Extra vest is gone, traded in my uniform toque for my uniform ball cap. Still wearing the rubber riding boots though. It's a mudbog in a couple sites. Two alarm calls tonight. One was squirrels getting in to a 100 y o house repurposed as an office. Needs a bit more reno. The other was two monetary securities staff setting off the ATM alarm by mistake when the were emptying and restocking. I know the guys, we cross paths at most of the banks during the night. They were legit.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sounds like a boring night. Those are nice at times. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I walked into work and straight into a mess lol. It's calmed down now.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Had 2 molars out today. They tried to tell me how painful it wa going to be. I didn't really believe them. They were right.

Ow.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I would rather walk into a mess at work than have teeth pulled.