The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I hated when I was in the military and the admin folks worked our schedule on what was easiest for them, not what covered the mission best.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Every spray a cologne/perfume in the air to see if you like it, then realize that 1. You don't, and 2. You suddenly felt like you drank half the bottle, because it's somehow EVERYWHERE? I just did that.

@bethanie0825 - did you kill anyone? 'Cause I might've.

I am feeling better, just tired. I'm beginning to think it's allergies. I don't get them every year, so I don't always recognize them when I do, because it does feel very much like I'm sick.

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 I didn't but I considered it. The girl that was working saw me walk in and her eyes got really big :worried: I was not a happy camper but it wasn't her doing.

Allergies suck. I have to take something year round and add in flonase during spring and summer.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just another day in paradise. Temp was a balmy 45 degrees on the way in to work with the not a cloud in the sky. It doesn't get much better than that. :smile: Beautiful day to ride in to work. A couple more like that and the snow will be melted off the sidewalks. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Slightly below freezing at night, then weirdly up to 19C tomorrow. BC govt just announced a 60% increase in wildfire budget after 2 record years of disastrous fire seasons. WTG!!! Getting proactive. More drones and also more tech in the hands of the firefighters for up to the minute info on the front lines.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Welp, my desire to lose weight has been outstripped by my desire to comfort eat mashed potatoes. #teamjuststayfat
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Welp, my desire to lose weight has been outstripped by my desire to comfort eat mashed potatoes. #teamjuststayfat

Gah :lol: I'm okay with this lol
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Hello @TheArchyBunker . Welcome! We're a pretty cool bunch, you're welcome to hang out with us.

Thanks. Normally seems kind of quiet around here.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hello @TheArchyBunker . Welcome! We're a pretty cool bunch, you're welcome to hang out with us.

Thanks. Normally seems kind of quiet around here.

It can be. We're all pretty busy but make a point to check in regularly.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It is a cool bunch, just not a noisy bunch. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yeah, we're all way too tired for that.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Orrrr, we can't be staring down at our phones/tablets as we do our health care/security/fire/policing/vet etc jobs lol. Quick check in, then off we go!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Jineh, that sounds more like the truth. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It is a cool bunch, just not a noisy bunch. :smile:
    Yeah, we're all way too tired for that.

Yes and yes lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've got a dachshund in tonight that I can't figure out where the infection is coming from. She is septic and other than throwing antibiotics at her IV, I'm stumped. We're running a barium series now to see if something is stuck in the intestines that didn't show up on X-Rays.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So I bought a set of bowls from Amazon. They came today and when I opened it up, there was a box, wrapped in cardboard, inside another box, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside of another box, with paper filling up the gaps. Very well-packed.

I got them all out, and about 10 minutes later, knocked them all over and broke one. Ugh.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    There's a life lesson there somewhere but the only thing coming to mind is, "No matter how careful you are, bad things happen."
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ha, that's a good enough lesson. How's the dachshund?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The dachshund did well. Went home this morning. Now I'm sick. Nothing to do with the dachshund. Got it from my daughter. Sometimes I think I should quit going home.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian glad the pup is good but sorry you do not feel well.
    @jennifer_417 that's my life too, you aren't alone there :smile: