The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you @RubyRed427. Love and hugs.
  • salleewins
    Options
    @Beka3695 welcome to the group!

Good evening friends.. Just writing to stay accountable. Tonight's a mildly tough night as I find that it was always easy to have wine when my husband works overnight. I'm reading about benefits of quitting while little man is sleeping. And trying to keep Craig Beck in mind, more specifically 'the kick' as he calls it. Today is day 13 this time around.. I know the urge will pass. I just hate that at these times I think of the summer habits my husband and I have vacationing in wine country and romanticizing it. The summer will be tough.. Right now I'm shooting for a straight 90 days though , so I feel like I should just focus on that for now. Hope everyone has a great AF evening!

Keep going! Focus on the benefits and the reasons more. The little man comes to mind for one, of course. You are doing great!!
  • salleewins
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Congrats everyone for staying strong in this journey!

Yes. I second that. It is hard work, but sooo worth it.
  • salleewins
    Options
    Just checking in. Day 637.

GREAT TO HEAR!
  • salleewins
    Options
    @kcn2bluesky EXCELLENT!
  • salleewins
    Options
    @kevinrfletcher KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!!
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My weekly Friday night check in.. Feeling fine for the rest of the evening.. definitely wanting some indulgent food though.. My diet is quite strict.. But this is typical for me: either balls to the wall or nothing at all. It's even more frustrating when I've been holding steady at 8 pounds lost for the last 5 days.. Need to see that number go down to stay motivated. If I'm calculating accurately, (need a calendar to be sure I'm not off by a day) today is day 15.. Longest streak since starting this goal was 17 days, so I'm on a good track to beat that. I hope everyone has a great AF Friday night!

@salleewins Thanks for the encouragement!

@RubyRed427 Sorry things are so tough right now, but it's wonderful that you're staying the course through it all!
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @lloydrt That was just what I needed to hear this week, so thank you!