JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @daneejela Thanks for sharing the picture. Hugs!
    Enjoy your weekend
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Just wanted to let y'all know how inspiring I find this thread. I love reading about the daily successes, failures and goofiness. It makes me feel "light", lifts the cares of the world for a while.

We are in different phases of life. We are in different stages of fitness/health. We have diverse skill sets. Yet we are all on the same path to health and happiness. You are all so wonderfully supportive, honest and positive. It's very refreshing. Thanks for letting me hang with y'all.

Happy Friday!

@nlmackey98 Hello beautiful! Awesome having you with us and keep hanging with us. We each want
    the success of the other person as much as we want our own. This is my little "getaway". Sisters that
    I love as much as my own blood kin 😂 but if you think about it, we're kin anyway... The human race.
    Lots of hugs and chin up! Eagles don't stay down... Eagles RISE above everything💝🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Happy Funny Friday to you too.
    The antibiotics are working and I'm sure it will clear up hopefully in less than two weeks.
    I can't do my granny flirt looking like this😂😂😂 just kidding.
    I'm not sure if it's the seasonal change, but my spirit is elevated!! I'm giddy with delight.
    I have been getting spurts of excitement lately and if it weren't for my knee, I'd give
    these younguns a run for their money. Hi! Ho! Silver! Awayyyy!!! 😂
    It's my inner child... ROTFL ...sort a... At least in my mind I am.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I found it! I thought I knew where it might have popped off, so I went back and poked around and there it was! Hurray! I just hope the replacement band gets here soon, hahaha!

ALSO! My Ms. Marvel dress got here and it looks FABULOUS and *I* look fabulous IN IT! I don't have red leggings but I may have to get some. But I have some navy blue ones, plus a pair of lace-up combat style boots in yellow vinyl that look awesome with it.

5x74l1qwk3yz.png

About time to head to the park for a run. Gonna aim for 4.5 miles. We'll see how that goes!

PS that is NOT me, hahaha!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    2,276 steps so far
    .92MI
    🔥999
    20 min.
    I'm finding myself having to really push to make it to the thousands mark. My knees certainly are
    hindering me. Since last October I have been taking it easy and scaled back from trying to make
    10K happen. I can't recall if I made it, but a few times I got pretty darn close.
    I'm fighting for this 20 pound reduction. This morning, with the lower back tightening, I walked
    the girls to the bus stop very gingerly. I waved good bye to them as the bus pulled away and started
    back down the hill towards home and a voice inside said walk that short parking area. I went around it twice
    then walked towards home again. I made it to the house, then purposely walked back up and then came
    home to the front steps and did the first step aerobics up and down. Came in and put in the last laundry.
    I'm sitting on the bed with the nagging lower back just as happy as I can be. I have to do this.
    for me. Every Press Is Producing Something Precious!!!

1,695 + 2,276 = 3,971 steps.
    There were some uncalculated steps, but it's ok because my body got the benefits of continued
    movement. I'm fixing me something to eat right now. Be back to finish my food log.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    ha ha no.

Managed 1.5 and then legs and feet said NO. :( so I walked for awhile. Got in about 3 miles total and it took as long as it would've had I ran 4.5. That kinda sucks.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    ha ha no.

Managed 1.5 and then legs and feet said NO. :( so I walked for awhile. Got in about 3 miles total and it took as long as it would've had I ran 4.5. That kinda sucks.

HEY. Yeah, I'm talking to you! At least you were MOOOOving! At least you were out there. You could have chosen to just sit this out because it's Friday, it has been a long week, you have other things you'd like to be doing. But no. You were out there moving. And I say YEA FOR YOU.

So get that stinkin' thinkin' talk and attitude outta here!!!!
    pwrwokiadq9p.png
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys I agree with @toaljasa. You’re getting your activity in and you’re listening to your body which means you’ll prevent injury. I’m new to running myself but I’ve only been able to build up my distance by paying attention to what my body is telling me. I’m in a good zone with fitness right now and I’m terrified of injury (still have niggles from a hamstring injury two years ago). I’m telling myself that I have no deadlines to meet so if it takes me ages to get to my fitness goals that is fine, and it is actually happening faster than I thought!

In my yoga classes I have an instructor who tells us to always be grateful for whatever time and effort we make on the mat - “no effort is wasted”. I try and remember that when I’m tempted to beat myself up for not pushing as hard as I could or lasting as long as I expected to. It all counts! X
  • Faebert
    Options
    2,276 steps so far
    .92MI
    🔥999
    20 min.
    I'm finding myself having to really push to make it to the thousands mark. My knees certainly are
    hindering me. Since last October I have been taking it easy and scaled back from trying to make
    10K happen. I can't recall if I made it, but a few times I got pretty darn close.
    I'm fighting for this 20 pound reduction. This morning, with the lower back tightening, I walked
    the girls to the bus stop very gingerly. I waved good bye to them as the bus pulled away and started
    back down the hill towards home and a voice inside said walk that short parking area. I went around it twice
    then walked towards home again. I made it to the house, then purposely walked back up and then came
    home to the front steps and did the first step aerobics up and down. Came in and put in the last laundry.
    I'm sitting on the bed with the nagging lower back just as happy as I can be. I have to do this.
    for me. Every Press Is Producing Something Precious!!!

1,695 + 2,276 = 3,971 steps.
    There were some uncalculated steps, but it's ok because my body got the benefits of continued
    movement. I'm fixing me something to eat right now. Be back to finish my food log.

@maryrobinson40 you’re doing brilliantly! Keep at it lovely!
  • Faebert
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Just wanted to let y'all know how inspiring I find this thread. I love reading about the daily successes, failures and goofiness. It makes me feel "light", lifts the cares of the world for a while.

We are in different phases of life. We are in different stages of fitness/health. We have diverse skill sets. Yet we are all on the same path to health and happiness. You are all so wonderfully supportive, honest and positive. It's very refreshing. Thanks for letting me hang with y'all.

Happy Friday!

@nlmackey98 - lovely words. And very true. This group is the best! X
  • Faebert
    Options
    Hi all. Hope everyone is heading in to the weekend feeling positive. We have the clocks going forward tonight for British summertime so I’m not thrilled about workouts/runs being in the dark again but I guess if I got through the winter I can manage a small adjustment now.

Yesterday was good (no f-it friday again, whoop!). Had worked a lot of exercise calories to enjoy in the evening but I’m still running a deficit for this week which will allow me to not stress tomorrow which is Mother’s Day in the UK. The plan is to go to my parents for lunch. I’m hoping to take the girls for a walk/jog up to the Heath for breakfast at a beautiful historic building cafe beforehand though so will have a bit of quality time with them before we go to see my mum. Today they are with their dad and I have a lot of domestic stuff I want to achieve as well as an exercise class.

Friday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ 5 miles today
    - pack veggie snack for school ✅
    - water! ✅
    - check whether ex is needing car for the girls ✅
    - home lunchtime for car/ shake if not needed ✅
    - do GaG before leaving work ✅
    - hot yoga after work? ✅
    - bed by 10 ✅

Saturday goals:
    - Warrior class at 9:30am
    - Groceries - health food shop and fruit
    - House clean
    - Laundry
    - Garden clearing, mow lawn, jet wash patio and front steps
    - Make vegan brownies (parents are fasting for Lent so have this recipe for them to be able to eat them)
    - Hang out with the girls when they’re back, check homework situation!
    - Rest!

Have a lovely day everyone x
  • Faebert
    Options
    And I’ve just realised I need to head to the ceramic cafe to pick up the pieces the kids and their friend painted a couple of weeks ago and get their friend’s gift delivered in time for Mother’s Day! So have quickly changed exercise class booking. Will be interesting to see if I have as much strength at an earlier hour (I’m guessing not! 😬). Going to be a busy day - hope I can get it all done!

Revised Saturday goals:
    - Warrior class at 8:15am
    - Groceries - health food shop and fruit
    - Buy Mother’s Day card
    - Pick up ceramic gifts
    - House clean
    - Laundry
    - Garden clearing, mow lawn, jet wash patio and front steps
    - Make vegan brownies (parents are fasting for Lent so have this recipe for them to be able to eat them)
    - Hang out with the girls when they’re back, check homework situation!
    - Rest!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 30 March

Log accurately :| guessed - had lunch out
    Stay in the green >:)
    5 fruit and veg >:)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:)
    February challenge >:)
    March challenge :)

Fell asleep and did not check in last night ....
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 30 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Fairly new to using the Community feature of MFP. I find this thread to be great with daily goals!

Saturday March 30

Log
    Water
    Stretches before walking
    Walk 45 minutes
    Grocery
    Pick up house
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys;c-43513284
    ALSO! My Ms. Marvel dress got here and it looks FABULOUS and *I* look fabulous IN IT! I don't have red leggings but I may have to get some. But I have some navy blue ones, plus a pair of lace-up combat style boots in yellow vinyl that look awesome with it.

How about sharing a picture of you in your Ms. Marvel dress--I'll bet you'll look wonderful. Yellow combat boots--woo!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    3/29/19 fri
    Weight: 152.8 lbs.
    *4 glasses of water 🙂 Had 6 !
    *stay in green 🙂 Was close. Almost blew it.
    *work in exercise 😞
    *Be in bed by midnight--I KNOW THAT I'LL START DOING THIS ONE OF THESE DAYS! lol! 😞
    *find or create release of lien document & send to contractor I used for parents home. (Long story but one of his subcontractors knocked on my elderly, dementia parents door & tried to collect. 😞
    *send doc. to contractor 😞
    *pay parents homeowners ins. 😞

Same ones for 3/30/19 sat
    But adding back in: meal planning
    And adding:
    send payments to parents caregivers & pay a couple other parents bills.
    Grocery store
    Post office
    Laundry
    Plan tomorrow
    Read over important stuff re: my health
    Do the dang dishes

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Fairly new to using the Community feature of MFP. I find this thread to be great with daily goals!

Saturday March 30

Log
    Water
    Stretches before walking
    Walk 45 minutes
    Grocery
    Pick up house

Welcome!
    I am one of the newer peeps, but I love this thread. So many wonderful caring and nonjudgmental people, here. Very inspirational having folks at all stages of health & fitness.
    The only struggle I have is keeping up with everyone & the remorse that I have cause I don't have time to respond to everyone; however, everyone is still friendly & nice anyway.
    I love this thread!!!

Hugs
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love that lapping those on the couch pic. Just really inspired me. Keep at it ladies! ❤️❤️
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    JFT

Slide présentation
    Laundry
    Mow lawn
    Post ring for repair
    Take stuff to charity shop
    Take electronic stuff to recycling
    Tax return
    Probate