What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Mommytyme
    Mommytyme Posts: 61 Member
    Options

seedy sourdough with goat cheese, spinach, shaved turkey breast and a thick slice of tomato- found recipe online
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    Dutch pancakes embed the bacon in the batter.
    trd6gnioizlq.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Egg fried rice and chicken satay.
    eykvi9m4fhkf.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Linguine and spiralized courgette with mushroom/red wine bechamel and roast cherry tomatoes.
    v8w4epwafqpn.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salad with blue cheese and mango followed by Dutch nostalgia dinner of andijvie stampot (mash with endive and bacon crumbles) with smoked sausage.
    wtzkkgyemiqx.jpeg
    4vvty1cw1976.jpeg

• IamSimonIam
    IamSimonIam Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    rh5v284sk25j.jpg

• IamSimonIam
    IamSimonIam Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bo6dz8h2p9ao.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dinner here: http://www.adriaticobacari.co.uk/evening-menu
    I had the grilled swordfish and hubby had the cavatelli with fennel sausage and fresh porcini. We shared a side of zucchini fritti.
    q1qjj91ffnok.jpeg
    fc5av2blgjru.jpeg

• inherentst0rm
    inherentst0rm Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    f0ubxhp4rcg7.jpg
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    51h3jyoytkup.jpg

Fish, potato, cooked vegetables, and fried plantain.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salad with tangerines and blue cheese followed by pan fried flour dusted sole, oven fries done in the air fryer, sauteed spinach and roast cherry tomatoes done in the air fryer. Everything portioned for two except for the fish fillet.

ock3vpkb3pj0.jpg
    9z5ffg0pzos3.jpeg

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    where oh where is Julie...I need some of her 'eats'! lol!!!
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I had the grilled swordfish and hubby had the cavatelli with fennel sausage and fresh porcini. We shared a side of zucchini fritti.
    q1qjj91ffnok.jpeg
    fc5av2blgjru.jpeg

Please detail what the beautiful crispy ribbons atop fish are made of and any flavor/prep notes you suspect. ;)
  • acpgee
    Options

Please detail what the beautiful crispy ribbons atop fish are made of and any flavor/prep notes you suspect. ;)

On top of the swordfish there were very thinly sliced rings of onions, dusted in flour, seasoned, and deep fried, I think. I wonder if this would work in the air fryer? I dislike the cleanup involved with deep frying at home.

• acpgee
    Options
    Dinner here: https://www.hohaki.com/menu
    I had the grilled pork bun cha.
    z6ap1v42p0ny.jpeg
  • purplefizzy
    Options

On top of the swordfish there were very thinly sliced rings of onions, dusted in flour, seasoned, and deep fried, I think. I wonder if this would work in the air fryer? I dislike the cleanup involved with deep frying at home.

Thank you!! Drooling.
  • acpgee
    Options

Thank you!! Drooling.

If you are lazy hack, just buy the ready made deep fried onions that Americans use on Thanksgiving bean casseroles. Though if you want to do this properly maybe slice red onion on a mandolin, dredge in flower, season, and fry in a sautee pan.
  • purplefizzy
    Options

Thank you!! Drooling.

If you are lazy hack, just buy the ready made deep fried onions that Americans use on Thanksgiving bean casseroles. Though if you want to do this properly maybe slice red onion on a mandolin, dredge in flower, season, and fry in a sautee pan.

Sometimes I appreciate the hacks. I’m in an experimental ‘scratch everything’ playground phase, so I’ll be trying this from scratch. I think I’ll attempt to pull some moisture out with a salt brine, rinse, pat dry. Then will dredge in seasoned coconut flour (gluten issues) and Pan-fry with a possible oven finish (like crispy shallots.)

Love your flavors and textures, always.
  • acpgee
    Options

Thank you!! Drooling.

Sometimes I appreciate the hacks. I’m in an experimental ‘scratch everything’ playground phase, so I’ll be trying this from scratch. I think I’ll attempt to pull some moisture out with a salt brine, rinse, pat dry. Then will dredge in seasoned coconut flour (gluten issues) and Pan-fry with a possible oven finish (like crispy shallots.)

Love your flavors and textures, always.

This actually worked pretty well in the air fryer if you hate the cleanup of deep frying. Would probably work in a convection oven too. I sliced a shallot separating the rings, salted, dredged in flour, drizzled in olive oil. Put in a single layer in the air fryer with a piece of silicon mesh on top top prevent them from blowing around. Air fried at 200C for 15 minutes. The texture is quite crisp.

7id054sarl8f.jpeg

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    random fusion inspirations:
    lentils, rice, garam marsala roasted garlic, red onion, sweet potato, raisins, sunflower seeds, spiced yogurt:
    cd4b5qbv2crz.jpg

cumin, paprika, cayenne, fried green peppers, corn, onions, avocado, shrimp, sprouts,
    salsa:
    fn5mv7m8zh0w.jpg

brown rice, white beans, grape tomatoes, canned herring, Italian spices:
    s83pdge359xk.jpg

Classic WW Zero-points soup with Italian-spiced ground turkey and noodles:
    9mk7d8vnos4z.jpg

Arizona-spiced ground turkey and salsa on salad:
    1jkuasa5s73u.jpg

Cheese-fantastico-marinated tofu, cucumber, tom, olives, sunflower seeds, mknm78terk29.jpg

seseme-soy-ginger-garlic marinated tofu, sweet potato on salad:
    zu7a1s6hraqm.jpg

Matcha overnight oats with yogurt, craisens, almond slivers, banana:
    b7pwa6ktiaq0.jpg

breakfast rotisserie chicken, eggs, taro bagel:
    7fb4ehwxpnm8.jpg
    fgam5lvc2rrz.jpg