JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! So much positivity on here which is great to see. I’m feeling pretty good and on track at the moment but I know there are peaks and troughs so I think the April challenge will be good for those tougher days.

Yesterday was pretty busy as I went to another school for training in the morning and then after work did a lot of prep for the work party I’m hosting here tomorrow night. Over 20k steps for the day which is pretty crazy considering the training session meant sitting still for 3 hours!

This morning is my long run - I still get anxious about this but i figure if I’m just consistent about run days and don’t question it too much then I can’t talk myself out of it! I think I am improving and definitely recover faster from the effort so I want to keep going. And bank some good exercise calories before tomorrow’s party 😜

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - pack frozen shake, veggies, fruit and yogurt ✅
    - leave early for training at different school ✅
    - print pupil progress doc, remember data for meeting ✅
    - speak to D re party playlist ✅
    - leave on time - tan after work? ✅
    - fold and put away laundry ✅
    - make Guinness cake ✅
    - read karaoke machine instructions ❎
    - bed by 9❎

Wednesday goals:
    - morning long run
    - pack snack inc veggies and milk for work
    - leave on time (staff choir at 8:30)
    - planning time (1x snack only and water!!)
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - leave by 5
    - health food store, pick up salad ingredients and get eyebrows threaded
    - make spinach pie filling and cake icing
    - general tidy and vacuum
    - read karaoke machine instructions and set up
    - bed by 9:30

Have a great day everyone x
  • Cindy4Change
    Cindy4Change Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new. Goals for tomorrow since it's almost bedtime.
    Go to the gym I just joined
    Keep using my diary app every day
    Do my pt exercises
    Log my food, calories and stay in my range
    Pray often
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 3 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    4/2/19 Tues
    Weight: 154.2lbs
    *4 glasses of water 🙂
    *stay in green 🙂
    *work in exercise 😞
    *Be in bed by midnight--I KNOW THAT I'LL START DOING THIS ONE OF THESE DAYS! lol! 😞
    Plan meals 🙂

Jft 4/3/19
    Weight
    Water
    Stay in green
    Work in exercise
    Bed by midnight

Sorry can't keep up with everyone. Love & hugs to all of you!!!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT 2nd April

Eat sensibly Yes, no snacking at all
    Do back exercises just some stretches
    Pay bills didn't do all of them, MUST do it today
    Visit parents No, back was too painful
    Walk with friend Yes, reason back was painful :)
    Plan evening meal, lots of veg Yes, veg included

JFT 3rd April

Eat sensibly
    Do back exercises
    Pay bills
    Visit parents
    Food shop
    Ironing
    Pluck up the courage to make doctors appointment

It might sound silly that I need to build up to phoning doctors. I rarely go and get really anxious when I have to, but I need help with this pain so must do it. Here in the UK our Health Service provides the doctors in local surgeries. I've been with my local surgery for many many years, but since last summer they have not been able to find doctors willing to work in my town. So a lot of us have been told that we can no longer go to the surgery, and will have to use a surgery in the next town instead, one with no available parking. So instead of going to a familiar place it will be a new experience. I need to pull my big girl pants on and get on with it!

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Gym👍
    4. One healthy post dinner snack👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. One healthy post dinner snack
  • Cindy4Change
    Cindy4Change Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning. First time in a very long time I got up this early. Trying to go to bed earlier and get up earlier. I'd like to walk around my neighborhood before work today. That's my first goal. Go to the gym right after work. I'll start there
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Good morning, and welcome to all the new people, we are happy to have you here!

I did my workout yesterday but had to deload, I felt really weak for some reason. Oh well, I guess it happens.

My lists have been pretty short over the past couple weeks, I think it's time to start throwing more chores on there 🤐.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 4/2:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Finish work at 5:15😑 More like 5:30
    4. Work out after work😁
    5. Cook dinner😁

JFT 4/3:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Call pharmacy
    5. Put away ALL clean clothes and towels
    6. Get pills for Rukia (one of our dogs)
  • Faebert
    Options
    Hey guys just quickly popping on as I head home for my car this lunchtime. Quick question- I did my usual long run this morning and actually even overshot - 10.4km in an hour. Fitness watch said I had fastest mile, fastest 5k and fastest 10k as well as longest ever run. But weirdly showed my heart rate as maxing at 145bpm. That’s compared to a max of 190 this time last week on a slightly easier run?! Not too bothered but it’s also allotted me just 400 odd calories for it compared to 580 last week. That can’t be right can it?? Do you think the heart rate monitor is off?!

Nice to think I’m suddenly magically much fitter in a week but a) I doubt it and b) I want those extra exercise calories!!

Ideas? X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    vypxxlfxsyzs.jpg
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. email K about capstone project, call E about park work, call Mac store about iMac file retrieval.
    3. Park run: 3 miles, aim for <45 min. Walk to 10k. (Managed 2 miles)
    4. Yoga class 11 AM. Put all graded work in blue crate in car.
    5. Read 20 pages of Illuminae and 10 of Capital.
    6. Coloring 30 minutes. Laundry 30 minutes.
    7. Review unit plans. Maybe go for a walk together.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call mac store again.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:00. BodyPump. Library - drop books off, pick up new one.
    4. Revise unit plans. Blog post. Coloring 30 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital.
    6. Hopefully I can get the husband to pay taxes and cook chicken.
    7. Park run - aim for 3 miles < 45 minutes. Maybe go for a walk together.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. I do NOT feel like exercising today. I mean, I'm going to. I'm already dressed anyway, might as well go through with it. But weightlifting makes me ache, and running just makes me feel out of shape. I'm SO SLOW, y'all. I'm so slow that MFP won't let me log my runs as runs because anything below like 5.0 miles/hr counts as walking. And I feel like I'm not seeing any progress with speed. I've been struggling to keep it above 4 mph since, like, freaking JANUARY. :(

@mytime6630 - I mostly use the website for the boards, so I keep the page with my goals open as a tab. This is also helpful because it's my to-do list for the day, so I come back to it pretty regularly to make sure I haven't forgotten anything!
    @Faebert - How long is your long run?
  • Faebert
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    2. email K about capstone project, call E about park work, call Mac store about iMac file retrieval.
    3. Park run: 3 miles, aim for <45 min. Walk to 10k. (Managed 2 miles)
    4. Yoga class 11 AM. Put all graded work in blue crate in car.
    5. Read 20 pages of Illuminae and 10 of Capital.
    6. Coloring 30 minutes. Laundry 30 minutes.
    7. Review unit plans. Maybe go for a walk together.

JFT Wednesday
    2. Catch up with emails; call mac store again.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:00. BodyPump. Library - drop books off, pick up new one.
    4. Revise unit plans. Blog post. Coloring 30 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital.
    6. Hopefully I can get the husband to pay taxes and cook chicken.
    7. Park run - aim for 3 miles < 45 minutes. Maybe go for a walk together.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. I do NOT feel like exercising today. I mean, I'm going to. I'm already dressed anyway, might as well go through with it. But weightlifting makes me ache, and running just makes me feel out of shape. I'm SO SLOW, y'all. I'm so slow that MFP won't let me log my runs as runs because anything below like 5.0 miles/hr counts as walking. And I feel like I'm not seeing any progress with speed. I've been struggling to keep it above 4 mph since, like, freaking JANUARY. :(

@mytime6630 - I mostly use the website for the boards, so I keep the page with my goals open as a tab. This is also helpful because it's my to-do list for the day, so I come back to it pretty regularly to make sure I haven't forgotten anything!
    @Faebert - How long is your long run?

Its about 10k - did 6.5 miles this morning. Not super long by runners’ standards but long for me!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Wednesday (4/03)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan & Pack meals/Snacks
    Track
    10 Min upper body toning (no weights)
    5 Min floor stretches
    15 Min clean something before work (dancing while doing it!)
    Walk 20 mins.
    Work
    At mom’s: 10 min ab-doer
    At mom’s dinner: eat packed dinner, mindfully at the table.

Put Night plan into effect to not binge (when at home):
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Drink hot tea
    Make 1 batch air-popped popcorn & Watch survivor
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water.
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack aft din.
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive
    I have a husband who loves me (sometimes too much with food!!) & my mom so much that he makes sure I have extra time with her. She's my best friend.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Harriscnc - They operates on both feet at the same time? What a struggle that would be. Good for you for doing something about the gain as soon as you can. This is a great group.

Mytime6630 - I love the April challenge and will participate, I love how Bex tried to spin it! 😂 on a serious note you may be struggling but you sound so much more positive and happy than you have the last few months. I’m so happy for you.

Johicks - look at all those checkmarks! You are doing it!

Zizzybumble - thanks for the encouragement, I hope so too. Don’t feel pressure to respond to everyone, just keep stopping in with your goals.

PackerfaninGB - that’s a smart way to handle the nuts. I just quit buying them. I need to find something smaller to munch on in the evenings though. I am eating for no reason.

Faebert - you sound like you have it all under control! You’ve been on a roll lately, keep it up! I want to come to one of your parties.congrats on your run, I can’t comment about the heart rate as I don’t use a tracker, but it sounds odd to me.

Littleblackskirt- my daughter suffers from anxiety when having to make phone calls. I get your hesitation. You need to do it, it’s for your health and you’ll be better off for it.

Clicketykeys - i am so with you, not feeling like doing anything. I am the same. We can do it.