An intellect rivaled only by garden tools

Options

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Just remembered a recent "Duh" moment.

Made myself a coffee. Had my cellphone on the kitchen counter. Came back into the kitchen a few minutes later and saw the cream still on the counter. "Huh, thought I'd put that back in the fridge!" and proceeded to do so.

About an hour later, I couldn't find my cellphone. Looked everywhere for it. My daughter called it from her cell, and I could hear it ringing faintly from somewhere. It took her calling it about 4 or 5 times before I could zero in on its location, because everytime I got close, it would stop ringing, and it wasn't loud to begin with.

Yup, it was in the fridge. :D

Needed more coffee, lol.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Once we were asleep at 3:00 in the morning ( as is our usual thing ;) ) ) when heard almighty bang, looked outside, neighbourhood quiet, dog went back to bed so nobody in our yard, total mystery.

In the morning found the unopened Pepsi can he had put in freezer to cool down and forgotten about had exploded. :o
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Just remembered a recent "Duh" moment.

Made myself a coffee. Had my cellphone on the kitchen counter. Came back into the kitchen a few minutes later and saw the cream still on the counter. "Huh, thought I'd put that back in the fridge!" and proceeded to do so.

About an hour later, I couldn't find my cellphone. Looked everywhere for it. My daughter called it from her cell, and I could hear it ringing faintly from somewhere. It took her calling it about 4 or 5 times before I could zero in on its location, because everytime I got close, it would stop ringing, and it wasn't loud to begin with.

Yup, it was in the fridge. :D

I love this one!
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    One time my husband were at a diner at some early hour(or late depending on how you think about it), something around 2am. Anyways our food came and I got french fries with my sandwich. I reached over and grabbed what I thought was salt and started shaking it on my fries. I thought about how odd the salt shaker was, why is it so big? I then realized I had grabbed the sugar shaker by mistake and dumped it all over my fries. :/
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    One time my husband were at a diner at some early hour(or late depending on how you think about it), something around 2am. Anyways our food came and I got french fries with my sandwich. I reached over and grabbed what I thought was salt and started shaking it on my fries. I thought about how odd the salt shaker was, why is it so big? I then realized I had grabbed the sugar shaker by mistake and dumped it all over my fries. :/

Not gonna lie, that actually sounds appetizing right now. I'm weird.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

Not gonna lie, that actually sounds appetizing right now. I'm weird.

You are? I hadn't noticed. :tongue:

• anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    At work I got on the elevator on the 6 th floor needing to go down to the 1st floor. I punched #6 and the doors opened again.......after doing this twice I realized what I was doing...duh. I played it off as being a long day to the audience that had gathered.

I got into the elevator on my floor after work and waited to be transported down to the ground floor - my excuse is usually there are other people in it too and the button is already pressed. I was still standing in it staring at my phone distractedly when another coworker opened the doors and let himself in :)))
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm blonde. And live up to my stereotype on a regular basis. I could have easily written this thread, lol!

One of my best blonde moments:
    When I was younger, I made cereal and put the bowl in the trash, the milk in the cupboard, and the cereal in the fridge. It was discovered a short while later when my mom asked why the milk was in the cupboard. I have not put my phone in the fridge yet, but it's only a matter of time. :lol:

Other good ones that occur with some frequency:

- I say "good morning" or "good afternoon" to answer the work phone. I don't always say the right thing at the right time of day however. People's reactions to this are pretty funny.
    - Make a pot of coffee and turn it on. Wonder why my coffee is clear, and not brown. Remember I forgot to put COFFEE in the pot!
    - walking into a room completely forgetting why I am there.
    - Trying to throw the whole plate away instead of scraping the food into the trash.
    - Stopping at a stop sign (not a light), and waiting for it to turn green.

Ugh, I've made a couple cups of tea without the tea bag. Sad thing is, I did this two days in a row. Never before, and only once since. Yup, it's getting worse with age too.

I find that it helps to go back into the room you came from to remember why you went into the other one.