An intellect rivaled only by garden tools

Options

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'm blonde. And live up to my stereotype on a regular basis. I could have easily written this thread, lol!

One of my best blonde moments:
    When I was younger, I made cereal and put the bowl in the trash, the milk in the cupboard, and the cereal in the fridge. It was discovered a short while later when my mom asked why the milk was in the cupboard. I have not put my phone in the fridge yet, but it's only a matter of time. :lol:

Other good ones that occur with some frequency:

- I say "good morning" or "good afternoon" to answer the work phone. I don't always say the right thing at the right time of day however. People's reactions to this are pretty funny.
    - Make a pot of coffee and turn it on. Wonder why my coffee is clear, and not brown. Remember I forgot to put COFFEE in the pot!
    - walking into a room completely forgetting why I am there.
    - Trying to throw the whole plate away instead of scraping the food into the trash.
    - Stopping at a stop sign (not a light), and waiting for it to turn green.

Ugh, I've made a couple cups of tea without the tea bag. Sad thing is, I did this two days in a row. Never before, and only once since. Yup, it's getting worse with age too.

I find that it helps to go back into the room you came from to remember why you went into the other one.

Not for me, I'll just find another distraction. :lol: But in the middle of said distraction it usually comes back to me, LOL. If this gets worse with age, what's it going to be like when I'm actually old(er)?! I've been this way my whole life! :open_mouth:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm old, not cute, and who are all you people???

You have that long flowing purple hair. Although, I suspect you have two horns, not just one. Close enough to cute!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

You aren't cute - you are stunning. I am assuming that's a selfie you are showing the world. :)

And all these people are the ones who believe in you!

(I need sleep)
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've left an orange in a duffel bag, in a closet, so long it turned into a brown, wrinkled baseball. How it didn't get moldy is a mystery. Hubby found it looking for something else I lost. :#
  • MomofAlana2016
    MomofAlana2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have totally done the thing where you think a garlic "clove" is the whole garlic in a pasta recipe and all you can taste is garlic for a few days. It was still good, though.

My mom added a whole bulb to a soup once instead of a clove. It was horrendous 😂
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'm blonde. And live up to my stereotype on a regular basis. I could have easily written this thread, lol!

One of my best blonde moments:
    When I was younger, I made cereal and put the bowl in the trash, the milk in the cupboard, and the cereal in the fridge. It was discovered a short while later when my mom asked why the milk was in the cupboard. I have not put my phone in the fridge yet, but it's only a matter of time. :lol:

Other good ones that occur with some frequency:

- I say "good morning" or "good afternoon" to answer the work phone. I don't always say the right thing at the right time of day however. People's reactions to this are pretty funny.
    - Make a pot of coffee and turn it on. Wonder why my coffee is clear, and not brown. Remember I forgot to put COFFEE in the pot!
    - walking into a room completely forgetting why I am there.
    - Trying to throw the whole plate away instead of scraping the food into the trash.
    - Stopping at a stop sign (not a light), and waiting for it to turn green.

Ugh, I've made a couple cups of tea without the tea bag. Sad thing is, I did this two days in a row. Never before, and only once since. Yup, it's getting worse with age too.

I find that it helps to go back into the room you came from to remember why you went into the other one.

I find new and wonderful things to do in that room when I try this....only to remember later that I did go in there for something else entirely :smiley:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

You aren't cute - you are stunning. I am assuming that's a selfie you are showing the world. :)

(I need sleep)

Sleep wasn't my first choice of what you need. :D
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I used to work in the records department in a hospital, and answered the ever-ringing phone "Medical records, Marti". Nine times out of ten that was how I answered the phone at home. Everybody I knew got used to it, but sometimes there would be a pause, then "oops, wrong number" as people hung up, then called back. Or didn't.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I used to work in the records department in a hospital, and answered the ever-ringing phone "Medical records, Marti". Nine times out of ten that was how I answered the phone at home. Everybody I knew got used to it, but sometimes there would be a pause, then "oops, wrong number" as people hung up, then called back. Or didn't.

Oh yes, I definitely said "thank you for calling Google AdWords, may I have your customer ID?" way too many times after I quit that job. I still have the number memorized and accidentally give that out instead of my actual number (but fortunately, I catch myself before I finish).
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

(I need sleep)

I don't think I want to know! (Unless it's chocolate, I always need chocolate.) :)
  • bannock_and_biceps
    bannock_and_biceps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    a few days before my wedding, i threw out 200 dollars in the garbage.
    i still haven't lived that down! :D
    *and yes i had to go through the filth to get it. thank god it was in an envelope*
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

(I need sleep)

I don't think I want to know! (Unless it's chocolate, I always need chocolate.) :)

Let's go with chocolate, then. o:)
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    a few days before my wedding, i threw out 200 dollars in the garbage.
    i still haven't lived that down! :D
    *and yes i had to go through the filth to get it. thank god it was in an envelope*

I was in such a hurry to leave the hairdresser I almost tipped her a hundred dollar bill. Thankfully she was honest and gave it back.

Glad you found the money.