Less Alcohol - April 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Mike_Check
    Mike_Check Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @Balbie123 I can relate to a lot of what you are saying... although only 2 kids for me! I joined this group last month and it's nice just to have a place to share your struggles and small successes. Good luck!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    4/3
    I caved. It was about 6 pm when I decided I wasn't going to worry about calories, tracking or keeping my beers to 3. I grieved the loss of a friend and allowed myself to do that. I did not go buy wine. I didn't go somewhere and get a glass. I didn't get sloppy drunk. I didn't have a boo-hoo night. I grieved. I still am of course. But I did a lot of self awareness. My friend had the same struggles I do. The passing of a friend is not a reason, nor an excuse to give myself that right to abuse myself. I did have 6 beers last night. I feel it today. But I will be fine. I am growing tremendously from this journey.
    My goal still is 3 beers per night Mon - Thurs.
    Have a happy, positive, strong Thursday everyone!

I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. Tough time, but you have the right attitude and going in the right direction...
  • Monkeyfreck
    Monkeyfreck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mike_Check wrote: »
    So far so... Meh the past few days. If I average it out it's 2 per night... that's good right? I kind of feel like stopping at 5 on Tuesday was a big enough thing. It wasn't 10...

It's not like I'm going to get a hangover from 5 drinks but the extra calories really screw with me achieving my fitness and weight loss goals.

Monday Apr 1st - AF
    Tuesday Apr 2nd - 5
    Wednesday Apr 3rd - 1

All the small wins add up. Keep going!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,557 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our recent posters. If you have not read page one, take a look at it for lots of helpful information to help with less alcohol consumption. We are very glad you have joined in to get support and drink less, what ever your goal may be.

Here is another link to some helpful information I came across. How going out to have a good time can back fire because of the low period afterwards.
    https://askaboutalcohol.ie/helpful-resources/blog-articles/tend-to-feel-low-after-drinking-here-are-7-reasons-why.html

Enjoy your Friday night and wake up with a clear head Saturday. 😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo yes it is a good read. It makes very good sense now that I can see how I was being misled to have fun that always ended badly. They all hit home with my past alcohol use.
    BTW you are doing an incredible job, just in case I had not mentioned before👍
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue with my goal of 4AF days per week.
    Weight loss is my main motivator.

April 1 - AF
    April 2 - AF
    April 3 - AF
    April 4 - 3 drinks
  • MissMay
    Options
    @balbie123 nice work having those 4 days AF. Good luck during that "test".
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    April accountability ~4 days so far
    No Alcohol: 2 days
    Alcohol: 2 days (5 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    What a big change in my life … 2016-2018 I could not count my AF days … it was 2-5 glasses per night or other drink usually 6-7 nights per week. Loving the change I’ve made in 2019 and it is helping the numbers on the scale go down.
    Challenging week ahead
    Apr 1 - AF
    Apr 2 - AF
    Apr 3 - 2 glasses of wine. Dinner at home with DH instead of going to new bar with Sisters Who Sip.
    Apr 4 - 1 glass of wine w/ DH and 2 at Bunco. Slipped on that daily goal! Bunco: Plan 1 glass wine I’ve got to learn to stop at 1 at social events when there are multiple open bottles!
    Apr 5 - @ camp
    Apr 6 - @ camp
    Apr 7 - @ camp
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @Womona thank you and WOW! Great job on being in a fun environment and not feeling the need to finish that glass of wine. Nicely done.
    @marcvb35 You've been doing so good. Sorry things got so crazy. I'm learning that, our failures, are our reminders of why we want to be "less alcohol/AF".
    @dawnbgethealthy You're doing great
    @Balbie123 4 days AF!!! Whoo hooo!! Have a nice weekend.

That reminds me...….I need to have a plan to get me through my full weekend.

4/4
    Mon - 3 beers
    Tues - 3 Beers...felt great at work.
    Wed - 6 beers
    Thurs - 3 beers

Tonight, I can hear ya as I type this....setting myself up......Hosting a Wine Sampling party tonight.....ohh boy. But, they only do one ounce pours. There are 5 wines. After the party is when I need to keep myself in check. I will allow myself one full glass of wine, then water, then beer. I do not do good when I get started on wine. Plus, I do not want to feel like caca tomorrow.

Tomorrow. My great-niece's first birthday. After her cake and ice cream party at a local place, immediate family is coming to my house to get together before my niece heads back to San Diego to meet her husband returning from Okinawa. My family...……..yes, drinkers. However, I think we may be able to keep this one to a mild event. You know, how normal people do things, LOL. I have a nephew who is sober about 4 months now. Getting to see his son again. That will be incentive for the rest of us "adults". So my plan Saturday. One beer, in a glass, until they leave, then I will have 3 more before bed. :)

Whew...……..so glad to be done with this week.