Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    *makes mental note to send @Elise4270 some nettles in a jar...*

Be sure to include some seeds so i can strategically put them in my fence line!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    My personal phobia is deer ticks and Lyme disease. It's the only thing in Minnesota I can think of that I'm concerned about.

I get the bullseye rash and have to do the horrible medicine just about every summer. Some summers serval times. Not funny. Not even slightly.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @rusgolden Congratulations on a great 10k!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @rusgolden Congratulations on a great 10k!

Yes, ditto! Congrats @rusgolden. That is an amazing time. :)

And congrats @zdyb23456! I just read your post about PRing on your half in March. :)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Love the rack, I’ll have to check it out. Ta. (Oh im feelin’ a Dr Who binge).
    So I went looking for the rack and can't find it now. But there are tons of other ones... in the US I'd suggest Ebay/Amazon/etc :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Love the rack, I’ll have to check it out. Ta. (Oh im feelin’ a Dr Who binge).
    @Elise4270 Pssst... check this out .... :wink:

Running-and-Who-related: I got this coffee travel mug for Christmas and love it:
    mug,travel,x400,center-bg,ffffff.2u4.jpg

I really want both of those. I’m saving the link. Maybe after my first comeback race I’ll treat myself to that hanger. If I can find the mug, I’ll grab it! I may snatch some thing that dh might like. His b day is Saturday.
    ETA ordered. It’ll be a late gift but a surprise since he’ll think I got nothing.

Yes @7lenny7 only thread on the internet where “nice rack” is a well received compliment.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,990 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @elise4270 - no, not burrs - we have stuff like that, like goosegrass you throw at your friends so they walk around with it stuck to them, or little seedheads that animals get stuck.

no, nettles - (latin name urtica dioica) are about a metre high, some with little white flowers, usually in the hedgerows and rough ground. Touch them even lightly and you'll know about it - you'll get stung and come out with tiny little white welts. the sting lasts for ages. That's why most people wear long leggings to run off road.

nettle tea is very good for you - high in vitamin C I hear, and nettle soup is nice, but first catch your nettle. :D

Yes. We have them around here - in East Tennessee. We call them stinging nettles. I don't think they are plentiful, but I have gotten into them before.