Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Dog owner question.

We have two. One needs groomed religiously (half border collie /cocker spaniel) but is an outside dog so poor thing gets it once maybe twice a year. It’s that time of year. The second dog just needs his potty area trimmed. How a dog can have the hairiest backside? It’s like an alpaca back there. Dig out the clippers and they no longer cut. Anyone groom their own animals? I’m sure I put the clippers up dirty, never bothered to buy the cleaning oil they need run in. So, ya know... dh tried to help. Bought new clippers (-200$) and the oil bath cleaning tub of stuffy stuff.

I can get the one trimmed where she doesn’t look like “ yo mama cuts yur hair”. Second dog? nah he looks stupid (but is a border collie, not really the grooming kinda dog. I make him look like a lion. So dumb.)

Any tips? Clipper care or dog care?
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    2/4 30 min gym, 1mile walk, 1 mile run (my son has a PT session at the gym and I have to be there as he has autism and learning difficulties so I get a bit of exercise while he trains. Daughter is in a dance class next door, so we drive there, son and walked back home after his session, then I jogged back to the danc studio to collect her and we drove home.
    4/4 2 mile walk
    5/2 5 mile jog
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    garygse wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    and my first 26.2 tomorrow.
    if i at least start, then i can see how far i can go. i wasn't trying to make any records other than to finish. minimal pace is 15mph before the sag bus grabs you. i think there is 1 at 10k and one at 13.1
    15 mph minimum??? While you said you wasn't trying to make any records, at that speed you'll crack the marathon in 01:44:53 and pretty much have no choice in the matter. :wink:

😪
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Date...........Run.......Walk
    04/01........00M.......1.0M
    04/02........07M.......0.0M
    04/03........11M.......3.5M
    04/04........00M.......3.5M
    04/05........10M.......1.5M

---MTD: 9.5 miles walking, 28 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

202? - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    well poop
    i just came down with the cold everyone in the office had
    headache, runny nose, fever in waves

and my first 26.2 tomorrow.
    if i at least start, then i can see how far i can go. i wasn't trying to make any records other than to finish. minimal pace is 15mph before the sag bus grabs you. i think there is 1 at 10k and one at 13.1

Dang horrible timing. :( As others have said you might still be able to run it. Listen to your body and make your best call. Personally, I run with a head cold and the run helps me feel better. But everyone is different. Do what works for you.