What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• hikoam
    hikoam Posts: 2 Member
    I threw together a mock-up of a shrimp boil on Thursday. Cooked Beyond Sausage and VeriSoy's meatless "shrimp" with yukon gold potatoes and put it on a bed of garlic rice. <3
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,896 Member
    The Vietnamese pork loin recipe was a hit.
    8ckdyk9mur0c.jpeg

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Home made scalloped potatoes and thought I had set the kitchen on fire. Some butter from the top splashed onto the top element of the oven and produced a huge amount of smoke :(. It looks good but I really don't feel like eating it.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I’m trying Indian curry for the first time. Made a curry base mix and used it in chicken dopiaza! qchvkkbedtxp.jpeg
    5cfdaoco1tgg.jpeg
    5pzvmz5ysqpp.jpeg
    ik04wrqa8uxg.jpeg
    yvdwizrbloft.jpeg
  • MidwestAndHappy
    MidwestAndHappy Posts: 28 Member
    I worked this weekends (nights, 12 hr shifts) so I roasted some chickpeas and make tzatziki sauce for pita pockets for the weekend. And chopped veggies and some popcorn for snacks.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,330 Member
    Ribeye Steak and asparagus..
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Did a veggie-heavy wrap bar.

Wrappers were soy paper, seasoned nori, rice paper.

Base layers were (barely) steamed kale leaves and steamed green cabbage leaves.

Fillings:
    -shredded chicken
    -shaved red bells
    -shaved fennel
    -whole mint and cilantro leaves
    -ground pan roasted peanuts
    -shredded chayote
    -roasted kabocha and king oyster mushroom
    -avocado

Sauce:
    Sriracha
    Fish sauce-lime-garlic-braggs-Chile combo

Assembled and ate and now stuffed.
    The winning combo was soy paper, with steamed kale, chicken, red bell, avo and mint.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Grilled pork steak and Broccoli, Cauliflower, & Carrots in light cheese sauce
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,595 Member
    Last night's dinner was a huge salad (massaged kale, chopped romaine, roma tomato, green onion, diced green cabbage, homemade pickled red onion) with a homemade green tomatillo almond dressing.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Shrimp, spinach, feta, and tomato bake over parmesan couscous. One of my favorite meals!
  • talkinghead86
    talkinghead86 Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2019
    Shrimp, spinach, feta, and tomato bake over parmesan couscous. One of my favorite meals!

that does sound yummy but with Chicken breast maybe?? (as i'm not much of a seafood fan)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,330 Member
    Baked salmon and fried rice
  • Liftingat58
    Liftingat58 Posts: 508 Member
    Blueberry pancakes this morning
  • mssupi
    mssupi Posts: 4 Member
    Sauteed Chicken breast with BBQ seasoning, fresh green beans & a base salad of romaine, bell pepper, roma tomato, onion, bacon & Greek dressing. ( I had to put the bacon on it to meet the minimum daily calories)
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Tried something new last night, and though it looked like it was going to be good and it smelled awesome...I didn't really like it, too much lemon and the fish was too well done
    8t553neofr9f.jpg
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    made rice, ground beef and beans. cooked it and mixed it all together!
  • acpgee
    I normally only cook on weekends, but Wednesday is my work from home day so I sometimes volunteer. Grilled baby gem with ranch. Air fried everything after looks a bit of a mess. Roast carrot and courgette, roast potato, drumsticks tossed in parmesan/garlic butter sauce.

8psy2bnxi346.jpeg
    66d2gokir9j3.jpeg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    edited April 2019
    my husband grilled hamburgers and brats, I made roasted baby potatoes, green beans, and some macaroni salad. The macaroni salad was pre-made and not very good :( I didn't feel like making my own because I'm super lazy.
  • acpgee
    Big cook tomorrow as part of my standard gift for new parents of a few hours of batch cooking a freezer full of meals. Doing several portions of nam prik ong and my mother's chicken curry. Will also do a Dutch split pea soup.
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Sardines from a can.
  • acpgee
    Sardines from a can.

A girlfriend showed me a great trick of frying tinned sardines in the oil they are packed in and adding a squeeze of lemon or a squirt of vinegar. Great store cupboard main.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I have a non-vegan version of this cassoulet (if you could call it that) in the oven right now. Instead of making sausages out of some of the beans, I bought some ground chicken and gradually mixed in salt, pepper, fennel seed which I ground (which breaks down really quickly with salt in a mortar and pestle), and powdered garlic. I browned patties of that in two batches and added it to the cooked beans.

The beans also ended up needing an extra 10 min in the instant pot, but once they came out the second time were amazing. And then to add even more deviations, I didn't add breadcrumbs because turns out we didn't have any.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    A hacked version of this:
    https://paleoglutenfree.com/recipes/spicy-peanut-spaghetti-squash-ramen/

Daikon noodles instead of spaghetti squash, bone broth instead of veg. Added crisped shredded pork, bamboo shoots, slivered red bell, (did use the mushrooms) and topped with avocado. Kept the sauce flavors the same, but scaled back the coconut milk and peanut butter amounts, added some PB powder.
  • JPuffers
    JPuffers Posts: 12 Member
    I smoked some chicken and the wife completed the meal with baked broccoli and garlic knots. Delish
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Greek chicken and lemon rice with a side of baked parmesan zucchini.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    A meal I made last night for company: Homemade minestrone soup, salad, 2 homemade pizzas (one meat, and one vegetarian) and orange sherbet. Of course I did not cook the salad or the sherbet.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    First meal of the day. 3 eggs, prosciutto salami, creamy Havarti cheese, sauteed green peppers and mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cracked black pepper, pink salt, sweet paprika and few drops of Sriracha. Little bit of avocado oil and butter for the pan. With a couple scoops of protein powder and cashew milk to boost up my protein.

e0r6ravyr64o.jpg