JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - You can still have routines; just different ones. And it's helpful to have a non-school routine (says the teacher!) You got this!
    @johicks - Way to go! Congratulations on redirecting your temptation :D
    @mytime6630 - Good job on staying active yesterday :) Sounds like you had a full day!
    @maryrobinson40 - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. *hugs* We'll be thinking of you. Thank you so much for sharing that with us so that we don't worry when we don't hear from you for a bit. <3
    @HEGoddard0928 - Keep it up with the running! It isn't easy, but you're doing great!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Haven't done well listing goals here, but am still getting adjusted to the whole community on here--so much to read, don't want to get too caught up or I lose some of my activity time and don't accomplish much! However, I have met all of my goals for this week, My daily goals tend to be the same, but want to try to add in a couple each day that will make other parts of life better.

April 7
    Church
    Grocery
    60 minute continuous walk outside
    Ironing (including getting shorts/capris ready for wear--that will take some time)
    3 small work projects I have delayed
    Log everything
    Get close to net calories for day
    Adjust step and exercise goals upward
    Balance checkbook
    Pay bills
    Enter Monday goals tonight
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to bring anybody down, but this is to inform you that I will be MIA for a while.
    My brother passed. There were 8 of us total and I'm the youngest. 4 boys/4 girls, now it's 1 male, and
    3 females.
    Now listen up!! I EXPECT GOOD THINGS WHILE I AM COMFORTING MY FAMILY.
    DROP THOSE NUMBERS! EAT WELL! DRINK WELL! AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA STEPS FOR ME OKAY
    FAMILY?!
    I LOVE ALL OF YOU! NO WORRIES!!

<<big big hugs>> So sorry for your loss. We will miss you, but make you proud. Do your best. Focus on family, not the food.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

@maryrobinson40 , so sorry for your loss.

I don't know what my goals for today will be, I think just to eat sensibly and no takeaway food.
    The baby has been in hospital, and we are waiting to hear if he will come home today, I think he will. So I already have the dogs with me, and have been asked to babysit for a while so mum can have a rest. His Dad has to go back to work so can't watch him.

So I will just go with the flow and not plan anything.

Babe did come home and stayed with me for the afternoon. Then everyone ate at mine to save them cooking, it was lovely having them but I never count calories when I feed family. The only positive for the day was that we did not have any takeaway (saving money) and had a proper cooked meal. Unfortunately I had too many snacks as well.

I really must start logging again...tomorrow!

• dramacat21
    dramacat21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good morning. 2nd day posting here and finding lots of positive energy and intentions. Thanks for sharing them! You give me a boost of hope.
    JFT:
    Hit GREEN
    8 cups water
    Complete weekly menus
    Grocery store
    Towels/sheets
    Zone 1 list
    Assess scope of work project
    Help D.D. with homework
    Walk
    Balanced fam dinner
    Clean kitchen & Monday prep
    Complete daily food entries
    Bubble bath 🛀

Have a wonderful day!
    -c

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Sunday (4/07)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    Track
    CBS Sunday w/hubby
    A “Sunday” breakfast
    10 Min cleaning
    60 minutes of exercise:
    20m combo of an upper & lower body move targeting certain muscles w/ resistance weights.
    10 Min abs
    20 Min walk
    10 Min pm floor stretches
    Reward Day! = a soaking bath and a self french manicure

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face (remind me to take care of me - overall wellness)
    Drink hot tea (keep my tongue happy & fill belly)
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner. Tonight 9pm: read book.
    Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
    Hubby & I are working together to have good proteins for dinner. With that I’m being nicer versus so controlling, snippy, and petty. He will let me plan dinner and he will cook the protein. I will have to be strong to prepare and plate my veggie & carb prior to dinner to not eat the two carbs he makes for himself. This is progress for us. And mentally, for me, I’m on my way to overall wellness.

Will catch up later. Hubby up and it's almost time for our Sunday QT - CBS Sunday show. <<hugs>>
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

@maryrobinson40 I am so so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you, we are all thinking of you 💖💖

@johicks Thank you for your kind words, they are really helping me this morning as yesterday I needed allllllllll the chocolate and ice cream which has left me feeling pretty defeated. Those TOM cravings are no joke! But today is a new day. Haha..I was walking and I saw a dog in the street with a collar on, he walked up to me and let me pet him but then when I reached for his collar to see his tag he snapped at me so I said NOPE nevermind! LOL

Today I'm hoping to get my new rims and tires put on, but we need to get some wheel adapters first. I'm a weird girl, I want my Jeep to look badass lol, can't afford a fancy new one so might as well make this old one as nice as I can 😆. Hoping to get some paint to touch up the spots on my bumper as well, and maybe restore my headlights. If I can get myself to do the headlights today that might be a nice little calorie burn, lots of sandpapering LOL

Trying to stay positive after last night's dessert fest and cranky hormone moments. Positive thought for today: Even with all the crap I ate last night, if.. No...WHEN I stay within my calories today I will still be in a deficit for the week.

I hope everyone has a great week, and @maryrobinson40 we are all looking forward to your return 😘

Yesterday 4/6:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞😞noooo
    3. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps 😁 already did it this morning! Almost got myself bit by a strange dog tho LOL
    4. Do workout😁
    5. Wash a load of laundry😞
    6. Put away clean laundry😞
    7. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁

JFT 4/7:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    4. Exchange contacts at Walmart
    5. Wash a load of laundry
    6. Put away clean laundry
    7. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    8. Stay positive
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Bookmeister86 - so happy nothing is broken, although from one who suffers a lot with muscle and tendon pains I know sometimes they hurt just as much. Take care of yourself.

Layfayetteanna - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    I hope you enjoyed your day with your sister and daughter.

Elbee1 - that showed a lot of discipline yesterday. I need to take a page out of your book and just do it.

Johicks - you are doing so well! Great job on avoiding the binge!

Mytime6630 - I cant tell you how happy it makes me to see you posting regularly and being so positive.

Hegoddard0928 - you ran!!!!! That is awesome! Who cares how short it was you ran!!! Great job!

Faebert - you sound like you are finding your Balance!!! I’m so happy for you.

Clicketykeys - I hear you on the snug shirt. I bought a T-shirt for myself that I could iron a design onto, it turned out nice and I love it, but it’s snug and I feel like I’m inviting the world to look at me. I’m very self conscious about my chest even more than my belly. I haven’t worn this shirt out in public yet because of it. Maybe that should be a goal for me. You can wear yours to school with a sweater or blazer over it maybe to start? Then you’ll have a hot day and remove the sweater, I bet the world doesn’t collapse!

Littleblackskirt - I love feeding my family too, those homecooked meals can be sneaky calorie wise though sometimes.

Ginnytaz and dramacat21 - welcome!

Aubyshortcake - before last year and me really getting into MFP I would never had said I had any TOM symptoms, boy was I wrong! I talked to my doctor about it she said it’s normal and almost impossible for women to lose weight that week. We really do get the raw end of the stick.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 - I’m so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself too.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Saturday April 6 Determined
    2L of water -🙂
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😂 yes but it was huge and really unnecessary!
    5 something at bathroom break - 👿
    Positive thought - my positive thought yesterday was that I feel we may actually get through this money lean month!
    Write in Journal - 👿
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 👿

JFT - Sunday April 7 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Positive thought
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Well yesterday was good until I decided the chips I have been craving just needed to be bought. I decided to go to the grocery store instead of the convenience store because it’s closer and they only had family sized bags. Needless to say, that didn’t turn out well.

The Grands came yesterday and Lauryn, Michaela and I went shopping for some groceries. Michaela got some big girl panties. She has been in potty boot camp all week and is only have an accident or two a day. Lauryn thought if they had characters on them she would think about it more. It didn’t seem to bother her when she peed on Elsa. 😂

I have to do my election online training today and finish up the invitations.

Other than that I am hoping the plus 13 weather comes to fruition and I can get out for a walk before the ACM awards start tonight. I need to get back on track for losing these last few months have really not been good.

• ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the day! 4/7/19

Yesterday was good. I stuck to all of my goals... and even avoided the vending machines at our last minute ER visit. I forgot to eat my salad for lunch but I did measure each portion of supper. :)

Today I will
    Eat a smoothie for breakfast (doing now)
    Get a healthier option for my sisters Bday when we go out
    Portion out my supper

I will not
    Guess portion sizes
    Eat without reason
    Allow myself to put myself down if asked about my new lifestyle

Good luck today!!!!! We can do this together!!! B)
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wonderful dinner with family last night - went into the "red" but it's okay since it's my birthday weekend. My daughter is a great cook - vegan lentil soup (incredibly delicious), Zuni chicken with bread salad and homemade chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. Moderation in everything - went over 229 calories yesterday. I did get to the gym yesterday and didn't snack or drink wine after dinner.
    JFT 4/7/19
    Enjoy my actual birthday
    Visit with friends and family
    Track everything and make healthy nutritious choices
    30 mins at the gym- 15 weights and 15 mins bike
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to bring anybody down, but this is to inform you that I will be MIA for a while.
    My brother passed. There were 8 of us total and I'm the youngest. 4 boys/4 girls, now it's 1 male, and
    3 females.
    Now listen up!! I EXPECT GOOD THINGS WHILE I AM COMFORTING MY FAMILY.
    DROP THOSE NUMBERS! EAT WELL! DRINK WELL! AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA STEPS FOR ME OKAY
    FAMILY?!
    I LOVE ALL OF YOU! NO WORRIES!!

Oh Mary, I am so very sorry. I have lost 3 brothers, and know the pain. You take good care of yourself ... we are all here for you. Hugs and prayers.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

I don't feel like doing my run today ;p
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    l4z6cpt38bwd.jpeg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Im so sorry for your loss Mary! We are all here for you whenever you need it!
    *big big big hug*
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @lafayettenana Happy birthday!!!!!

@Snowflake1968 It's incredible how much more difficult things are during that time! Silly biology 😆
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

It's been a rough few days for us here. Matt just keeps getting sicker and sicker. He can't keep food of any kind in his system. Within a half an hour it comes out of him. I'm calling the doctor bright and early tomorrow morning. He just feels slo terrible and I feel terrible because everything I've tried to doesn't work. I feel totally helpless. And this whole situation has brought up all sorts of feelings in me. Like, I am going to spend the rest of my life taking care of a husband who's health is probably going to steadily decline. I love him more than life it's self but it's a staggering thought that when we have children I'll be taking care of them for at least 18 years and for a sick husband for the rest of my life. That realization and the fact that I feel totally out of control is making me seriously depressed and rather angry. I mean I will never leave Matt. No matter what happens I will spend the rest of my life loving him and taking care of him to the best of my ability. I can't talk to him about it. He just kind of shuts down whenever I bring it up. So I spent most of last evening staring at my phone. He asked me a few times if I was alright and I just shrugged my shoulders. He would give me a sad look and go back to his video game. I dont want to live my life like that. But I dont know what to do.

Anyway, sorry for the downer post.

Here's my list for the day

JFT, 4-7-19

1. Log all my food(good, bad, and ugly)
    2. Don't eat my feelings
    3. Acutally make something for dinner
    4. Clean the da*n kitchen!
    5. Write something...anything!
    6. Spend some time outside.
    7. Don't feel sorry for myself!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

It's been a rough few days for us here. Matt just keeps getting sicker and sicker. He can't keep food of any kind in his system. Within a half an hour it comes out of him. I'm calling the doctor bright and early tomorrow morning. He just feels slo terrible and I feel terrible because everything I've tried to doesn't work. I feel totally helpless. And this whole situation has brought up all sorts of feelings in me. Like, I am going to spend the rest of my life taking care of a husband who's health is probably going to steadily decline. I love him more than life it's self but it's a staggering thought that when we have children I'll be taking care of them for at least 18 years and for a sick husband for the rest of my life. That realization and the fact that I feel totally out of control is making me seriously depressed and rather angry. I mean I will never leave Matt. No matter what happens I will spend the rest of my life loving him and taking care of him to the best of my ability. I can't talk to him about it. He just kind of shuts down whenever I bring it up. So I spent most of last evening staring at my phone. He asked me a few times if I was alright and I just shrugged my shoulders. He would give me a sad look and go back to his video game. I dont want to live my life like that. But I dont know what to do.

Anyway, sorry for the downer post.

Here's my list for the day

JFT, 4-7-19

1. Log all my food(good, bad, and ugly)
    2. Don't eat my feelings
    3. Acutally make something for dinner
    4. Clean the da*n kitchen!
    5. Write something...anything!
    6. Spend some time outside.
    7. Don't feel sorry for myself!!!!

I do get how you feel.
    I also live with someone who will always be ill. Although mentally, not physically.
    Its draining, very draining. But i just find thinking of the positives, which atm are the early days of our relationship! But were building new ones now. And also putting yourself in their shoes.
    Maybe he doesnt like talking about it because he doesnt want to admit to the fact that he might feel like a burden? And he might feel hes holding you back and he might see how it affects you at times and that might make him upset too!
    He loves you, imagine how he must feel knowing hes causing you this strain?

Its hard but worth it xx
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928
    Oh god i just read my post back! I hope that didnt put you on some major guilt trip! That wasnt my intention, just to say youre right in how you feel, its not wrong to feel that way. But there will be feelings on his side too. Shame hd doesng speak about them! It would really help you both! Xx